• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Slayven

Yeah it really isn't as black and white as they like to make it seem.

Yeah like if that gap dude on that morning show got attacked by the chick he host it with? He would look a damn fool jawing her when he has 2 feet and 200 pounds on her.

But if Kevin Hart got into it with Seranna Williams? I would have no problem with him summoning the speed of the puma and the strength of the bear to go all out.

KumaJG

I might be neutral on men hitting women. I personally dont believe in hitting women. At same time I dont feel bad for women who get hit(unless it is abuse) because there is a reason to everything.

cdyhybrid

Macklemore got famous for being rap that moms can listen to with their kids on the way to soccer practice. He so soft that I would not be shocked if TMZ reported Drake floored him with a windmill punch.

iQbrAWZt6xa9x.gif

Drizzy doesn't play.

Village

No one with common sense really thinks there's a gender problem knowing when to exercise restraint and when to defend yourself. The way some people talk it's as if there are men who have died or been beaten into a coma by women all because of the golden rule.

"I COULDN'T DEFEND MYSELF, I HAD NO CHOICE! DAMN YOU, LIBERAL SOCIETY!"

You wouldn't believe how many people who actually do think that, I'm not even joking. Like some some weird code.

Its not as weird as the dudes trying to figure out ways to hit women, but its weird.

Gorillaz

I said back when Thriftshop came out that he has at most 2-3 years.

I'll lower it to 2 after that.
So Stacey Dash is in talks to become a regular fox news contributor

Why am I not surprised

Why Stacey...why

You did Clueless, that was ok I guess for a chick movie that somehow became a cultural phenom and you have that infamous magazine cover on King.

It hurts right now yall...it hurts

Village

Macklemore got famous for being rap that moms can listen to with their kids on the way to soccer practice. He so soft that I would not be shocked if TMZ reported Drake floored him with a windmill punch.

Maybe its me I dunno, but I do not understand this softness thing. I just hate their music, I thought that was enough who gives a shit if they could punch someone. I dunno its weird, I do not understand it.

Slayven

Maybe its me I dunno, but I do not understand this softness thing. I just hate their music, I thought that was enough who gives a shit if they could punch someone. I dunno its weird, I do not understand it.

Drake at his wannabe hardness, nothign wrong with not being a thug. Macklemore is talently soft, I don't think he has another album in him.

You cant sing about catchin bodies like that

0621-miami-heat-party-02-480w.jpg

and then end up looking like this

forgot to also quote the fact it will bomb thing from Slay. the budget determines if it's a bomb or not by not with the total. they make less internationally then domestically from the ticket sales so Domestic is still important for a few more years

People need to stop this thinking. Most of the budget in modern blockbusters is covered through product placement and marketing by the time the movie is out. The "it has to make it's budget x2" is the old way of thinking.

People need to stop this thinking. Most of the budget in modern blockbusters is covered through product placement and marketing by the time the movie is out. The "it has to make it's budget x2" is the old way of thinking.
Wasn't imply 2x but 1.5x the stated budget factoring in a massive ad budget worldwide. It will profit on bluray/digital sales alone assuming it hits anywhere near $200 mill in the first 2 weeks

Hardees ain't got money like that.

I had to take a media marketing class last year. These dudes will give millions of dollars to have someone in the cast walk by a picture. It's crazy how much money film companies make off of product placement in blockbusters. I really want to know how much Man of Steel and Amazing Spiderman 2 made off of pp.

Wasn't imply 2x but 1.5x the stated budget factoring in a massive ad budget worldwide. It will profit on bluray/digital sales alone assuming it hits anywhere near $200 mill in the first 2 weeks

The ad budget is made back by selling the viewing/distributing rights to other countries. These days you have to put up John Carter numbers to be not make money.

Man of Steel product placement was out of control
KuGsj.gif

They made the budget of the movie back before it was released. That's fucking wild dude.

EDIT: One of my professors is a budget consultant for Universal. This dude said him and his team thought they had it down to a science until they found out how much Marvel makes from product placement.

They told you you were #9? That's odd.

They emailed all 20 candidates that made it far enough to be interview a list that included the 2 people they're hiring and a numerical breakdown of where everyone landed (first and last name). They said if an opening pops up they'll contact people in order of their placement on their list.

So more than 50 people were interviewing for one job?

They tested about 50 and interviewed 20

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Self defence =/= fighting back.

Some people are spectacularly obtuse on here.

Alot of people just looking for green lights to justify abuse.

Does she have a weapon?? Does she take karate classes?? Did she hit me first?? FUCK PATRIARCHAL NORMS IT'D BE SEXIST NOT TO BEAT HER ASS

Slayven

That's the market-cast the net wide

They emailed all 20 candidates that made it far enough to be interview a list that included the 2 people they're hiring and a numerical breakdown of where everyone landed (first and last name). They said if an opening pops up they'll contact people in order of their placement on their list.

They tested about 50 and interviewed 20

At that rate they might as well have y'all fight in the street.

Silky

Banned
I'm not putting my hands on a woman.

That being said, there're better ways to not get fucked up by a woman fighting you. Like, guarding.

J10

Banned
I know a dude who was in an abusive relationship. His wife beat on him and said all kinds of hurtful nasty shit to him for years, presumably because she knew he would never fight back. She was basically half his size, so it's not like she could do any real physical damage to him. Anyway, about 10 years into their marriage he snapped and broke her jaw and both her arms and gave her a concussion. Apparently he was/is a fugitive in Puerto Rico where they lived towards the end of their relationship because of it.

You can only treat somebody like a punk for so long.

Spinluck

Yeah, that's long term abuse. No one should tolerate that. There are better ways of going about it though.

Many GAFfers sounding like they'll swing if you accidentally bump into them.

Yeah, that's long term abuse. No one should tolerate that. There are better ways of going about it though.

Many GAFfers sounding like they'll swing if you accidentally bump into them.

Which is hilarious considering the threads about interacting with other people here would make you think they're deathly afraid of any sort of confrontation.

"There's this cute girl, if I look sad enough do you think she'll talk to me and eventually love me?"

"I have a problem with this person, here is my passive aggressive plan."

They generally seem to suffer from social anxiety stemming from any interaction short of spontaneous bloodsport, then shit's on.

I guess that could be contributed to stunted social skills as well.

There is a lifetime movie where the mom from Who's The Boss beats the shit out of her husband and no one would believe him.

They could have just titled it Who's The Boss and it would work perfectly.

Who was the actor who played the husband?...be the only man who is a victim of domestic abuse on lifetime brehs....did he find a woman who would love him mid-way through? Did his kids walk in on him catching a hot two piece from their mom and then they finally believe him? Or did his cop sister come over one day and through the window see her taking a switch to his scalp so there'd be no visible bruises? Did she have an outburst in public that made his best friend start to believe him only to get corner and beat something vicious by his wife for sticking their nose where it didn't belong?

Slayven

They could have just titled it Who's The Boss and it would work perfectly.

Who was the actor who played the husband?...be the only man who is a victim of domestic abuse on lifetime brehs....did he find a woman who would love him mid-way through? Did his kids walk in on him catching a hot two piece from their mom and then they finally believe him? Or did his cop sister come over one day and through the window see her taking a switch to his scalp so there'd be no visible bruises? Did she have an outburst in public that made his best friend start to believe him only to get corner and beat something vicious by his wife for sticking their nose where it didn't belong?

I haven't seen it in years, which si shocking cause Lifetime runs shit over and over

Here is the poster
Men_Don%27t_Tell_1993_Film_Advert_CBS.png

Spinluck

Which is hilarious considering the threads about interacting with other people here would make you think they're deathly afraid of any sort of confrontation.

"There's this cute girl, if I look sad enough do you think she'll talk to me and eventually love me?"

"I have a problem with this person, here is my passive aggressive plan."

They generally seem to suffer from social anxiety stemming from any interaction short of spontaneous bloodsport, then shit's on.

I guess that could be contributed to stunted social skills as well.

I'm not saying I'll talk to a girl, but I'll sure knock her ass out!

I'm not saying I'll talk to a girl, but I'll sure knock her ass out!

I think it's all talk. The crowd seems more of the slash a tire in the dead of night/text her 'slut' from a demo phone at a verizon kiosk type.

I imagine their entire body going limp right before their hands make physical contact.

5klVtX0.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I think it's all talk. The crowd seems more of the slash a tire in the dead of night/text her 'slut' from a demo phone at a verizon kiosk type.

I imagine their entire body going limping right before their hands make physical contact.

loud barking dudes and all that.

Top Bottom