• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

do yall think a Wire 2 type show could get mainstream rating this day and age? harsh truths and struggles amongst a minority community getting good air time?

Nope. The anti bucket message doesn't correlate well in the mainstream. So long as we got love and hip hop anything or any other reality shows for "us". Shows like the wire won't get any love.

Why she hit you tho

Men_Don%27t_Tell_1993_Film_Advert_CBS.png

There's a reason why the term 'baby mama drama' is a thing.

When you have to deal with a person who is locked into your life because of a child you had together...probably the most complicated common relationship to navigate. I feel for those men and women who deal with crazy EXs and go beyond whats expected of them for the sake of their kid.

Kreed

Which is hilarious considering the threads about interacting with other people here would make you think they're deathly afraid of any sort of confrontation.

"There's this cute girl, if I look sad enough do you think she'll talk to me and eventually love me?"

"I have a problem with this person, here is my passive aggressive plan."

They generally seem to suffer from social anxiety stemming from any interaction short of spontaneous bloodsport, then shit's on.

I guess that could be contributed to stunted social skills as well.

Where do you think all that frustration goes when their failure plans fail? "Mens Rights" movements.

30% done (thanks Kindle) with Clash of Kings

Gregor is about to fuck Gendry up. I think Arya will survive but Gendry and Hot Pie are done for.

And it's been 2 books straight but Sansa has got to be hands down the DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER in this series so far

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
30% done (thanks Kindle) with Clash of Kings

Gregor is about to fuck Gendry up. I think Arya will survive but Gendry and Hot Pie are done for.

And it's been 2 books straight but Sansa has got to be hands down the DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER in this series so far

Even more so than
Kim Bauer
ever was. And that takes some doing.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
And it's been 2 books straight but Sansa has got to be hands down the DUMBEST MOTHERFUCKER in this series so far[/SPOILER]

I feel people are too hard on Sansa

She's a sheltered 14-15 year old girl who is basically held hostage in probably the most toxic environment in the books.

I mean yeah there's the role she played in
Ned's death
, but it wasn't even supposed to go down like that and she more than pays for it I think with the amount of emotional abuse she suffers as a result of her actions.

I feel people are too hard on Sansa

She's a sheltered 14-15 year old girl who is basically held hostage in probably the most toxic environment in the books.

I mean yeah there's the role she played in
Ned's death
, but it wasn't even supposed to go down like that and she more than pays for it I think with the amount of emotional abuse she suffers as a result of her actions.

Man I really tried to give her to benefit of the doubt because of her age before but my God.

ReiGun

I don't watch or read Game of Thrones, but how come every time I boot up an random episode someone getting raped?

Westeros is fucked, man.

What's crazy is HBO adds even more rape than the books had, according to people who've experienced both. It's actually getting kind of annoying. Not even on a morally offensive tip - though I'm sure that's part of it for some - but just on a "Okay...this world is harsh...I get it" tip.

No joke that's nowhere near the craziest thing a ex has ever done. One chick stripped naked in front of my parents house and started fingering herself while screaming for me.

i50zwLAtx1sXT.gif

Slayven

No joke that's nowhere near the craziest thing a ex has ever done. One chick stripped naked in front of my parents house and started fingering herself while screaming for me.
What the folks say?

Westeros is fucked, man.

What's crazy is HBO adds even more rape than the books had, according to people who've experienced both. It's actually getting kind of annoying. Not even on a morally offense tip - though I'm that's part of it for some - but just on a "Okay...this world is harsh...I get it" tip.

You can tell a lot about a writer by what he writes, I think Martin is a little freaky. Not up there with millar but close.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

You sure you weren't watching The Exorcist after sampling a wicked peyote and PCP combo meal?

What the folks say?

My dad: Yeah a chick that hot would be crazy as shit.

My mom called the cops.

I never saw that chick again. I think about her a lot because we were really close. I heard she tried to kill herself after her BF beat her up and she lost their would be child. .

Slayven

Why Kendrick Lamar look like the dude in a hood movie that either got caught up because he left the house when his mama told him not to or gets killed the day before he is suppose to leave for college?

cdyhybrid

Why Kendrick Lamar look like the dude in a hood movie that either got caught up because he left the house when his mama told him not to or gets killed the day before he is suppose to leave for college?

He pretty much was that dude (aside from the getting killed part). His album is about how he wasn't gangbanging but because of where he lived he got caught up in a lot of stuff.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You can tell a lot about a writer by what he writes, I think Martin is a little freaky. Not up there with millar but close.

Yeah. I mean some of it is stuff that just happens on battlefields and in feudal societies where women were treated like property and bargaining chips

but then there's some shit like Ramsay that just makes you go what the FUCK

Could be worse though. I mean it's not like Berserk or anything where the author expects you to get a boner from his depictions of sexual violence.

Trey

I can't read this post and not laugh. I tried three different times and failed.

I can't read this post and not laugh. I tried three different times and failed.

My dad and I were drinking some bourbon a few weeks ago and he brought it up. I just started laughing my ass off because he asked in the most typical old man way.

"You ever seen that black girl with the big tits that was touching herself outside?"

Top Bottom