• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

tower of babel had him have contingencies against all dc heroes if any of them went rogue. so preptime batman became a thing people stand behind. even though clark could kill bruce from orbit if he wanted

I just find it dumb, same with any rivalry that pits them together, what would they even fight about?

"Hey I'm the guy in a suit and cape who deals with criminals asshole, stop stealing my schtick."

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
tower of babel had him have contingencies against all dc heroes if any of them went rogue. so preptime batman became a thing people stand behind. even though clark could kill bruce from orbit if he wanted

As with all things comics related, Plot induced stupidity usually rules. But that one was actually believable to a point.

In truth, like you said, Supes could end Batman in a blink of an eye. Standard speed rush and he's toast.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I just find it dumb, same with any rivalry that pits them together, what would they even fight about?

"Hey I'm the guy in a suit and cape who deals with criminals asshole, stop stealing my schtick."

superman being brainwashed by some magic whatever, batman being paranoid for some reason. thats the usual reasons they go at it

Half of DC could kill bruce easily, hell thats one reason I think they keep him shelled off in Gotham.

Village

Sup Black gaf.

Been chillin out the few weeks I got before summer work starts.

Anyways, you know who make good hip-hop, french artists. Then you discover one of them has a secret album that because of legal reasons is listenable though channels like spotify and its the sickest thing ever.

Rambling over, bringing me my question.

What you been listening too black gaf?

DominoKid

Sup Black gaf.

Anyways, you know who make good hip-hop, french artists. Then you discover one of them has a secret album that because of legal reasons is listenable though channels like spotify and its the sickest thing ever.

Young Thug
Goldlink
Iamsu
Lil B (giving power to the curse like a Spirit Bomb)

cdyhybrid

Sup Black gaf.

Listening to some techno/tech house on a podcast right now. Cycles Radio by Max Graham.

ReiGun

It takes away from Batman as a character to have him be this perfect tactician whose plans always work because it takes away from the whole "he's only human" thing.

But really, my biggest problem is that "Superman v Batman" and "Prep time Batman" as concepts only really worked in the stories that introduced them and it's been diminishing returns ever since. They really are not as compelling ideas as some fans want them to be.

Gorillaz

Sup Black gaf.

Drum and Bass (guys like SBTRKT)

Been out of the hiphop/rap cycle (like listening to almost nothing but it) for a min so I might get back in.

Parallax

Sup Black gaf.

steely dan. i get that way sometimes

Sup Black gaf.

Nina Simone. And if my thread had indication "gospel" since I'm Christ incarnate and naive about the difference of a homeless cat and a dude in trouble.

Oh and Fuck Batman's overrated psychotic just as bad ad his villains ass. Like fuck him. They prep time bullshit is way overblown when you have cats who are more badass on a bad they then Bruce "mommy NO!!" Wayne.

Sorry particularly bad day at work and am venting against Bruce "Let's put children in danger in a yellow costume to make a target" Wayne.

Slayven

I want to see a comic where Cap and Cyclops set up a Xanatos Gambit on some poor fool. A+X was a missed opportunity.

I didn't read those issues, nor have I heard much about them, but I do know it wasn't about the two of them plotting. Certainly not well.
You know how big your balls got to be to shock a dude that has a raw skull for a head and eats babie?. That is Dracula by the way.
cyclops-bluffs-dracula.jpg

Sorry Slay, looks like DoFP is good.
One question do you think X2 holds hope?
Worse thing is they had heroes scared of him. Firestorm was worried about him, That pissed me off.

The only thing Cyclops is good at is leading the X-Men, for better or worse. This is a dude who rises up in the morning and thinks "How can I be a better X-Men leader than I was yesterday?" and spends every waking moment going after that shit.

Course they got him being a busta in the X-Men movies. They knocked his ass for most of the best one(x2) and he jobbed real quick in X3, that POS...

Slayven

But if Cap is the Marvel equivalent of Batman, then where does Cyclops rank?

You assume Cap is Batman level, true Cap doesn't sit around plotting planning. But there is no one better on the battlefield Cyke would be Batman equals, except 10 times more ruthless. Dude created his own death squad to kill what ever threaten the mutant race.

The only thing Cyclops is good at is leading the X-Men, for better or worse. This is a dude who rises up in the morning and thinks "How can I be a better X-Men leader than I was yesterday?" and spends every waking moment going after that shit.

Course they got him being a busta in the X-Men movies. They knocked his ass for most of the best one(x2) and he jobbed real quick in X3, that POS...

I wonder why they even put him in, cause as soon as Wolverine shows up Jean is slobbering on Wolverine and everyone is following him.

Parallax

You assume Cap is Batman level, true Cap doesn't sit around plotting planning. But there is no one better on the battlefield Cyke would be Batman equals, except 10 times more ruthless. Dude created his own death squad to kill what ever threaten the mutant race.

I wonder why they even put him in, cause as soon as Wolverine shows up Jean is slobbering on Wolverine and everyone is following him.

cyke was cameo role only in the movies. singer hates him for some reason, and people still clamor for his movies

FyreWulff

mfw Microsoft will pay to send forum admins to E3 but can't even spare digital copies of Halo 4 and it's DLC to the Community Cartographers even though they're testing their entire damn playlists now to make it easier to do the testings without disc swapping

priorities

Gorillaz

Singer does have something against him. Or the actor itself. Something tho
mfw Microsoft will pay to send forum admins to E3 but can't even spare digital copies of Halo 4 and it's DLC to the Community Cartographers even though they're testing their entire damn playlists now to make it easier to do the testings without disc swapping

priorities

So being the big 343 guy that you are, how are you feeling going into E3? exciteeeeed?

RedSwirl

Lemme just say this:

I once wiki-walked the whole of DC and Marvel. Marvel felt much more straightforward. Hell it took me three days just to figure out what the fuck was going on with Supergirl.

ReiGun

Lemme just say this:

I once wiki-walked the whole of DC and Marvel. Marvel felt much more straightforward. Hell it took me three days just to figure out what the fuck was going on with Supergirl.

Walk down the Donna Troy and Hawkman rabbit holes some time.

Slayven

Lemme just say this:

It doesn't get bad until the angel and mutant lesbian horse shit.

Top Bottom