• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Yeah sadly I think this is just the beginning. We're at a boiling point at the moment. Pretty scary, that thread about the sexually frustrated friend reminded me a bit of it

BHZ Mayor

Does this exist?

Like a desktop PC, but the monitor/keyboard/mouse is portable like a laptop? So basically the portability of a laptop without the increased risk of overheating.

RedSwirl

Okay so a while ago we were talking about how this stuff is all just terrorism right? And how often it get's blamed on mental illness and such when white Americans commit these acts.

Well thinking back, I'd read articles in the past saying how a lot of the people who end up becoming Islamic terrorists suffer a lot of the same mental/emotional issues as the white people who commit these violent acts stateside. A lot of it comes from the same shit: loneliness, depression, frustration with difficulties in life, etc. The main difference is, in some parts of the world there are networks of people who recruit people like this and are militarized.

My biggest take away is how hypocritical our society is by measuring self-worth by shit acquired, whether it be money, fame, women. Then at the same time saying "be a good person doe." We're so full of shit.

Kreed

Yeah sadly I think this is just the beginning. We're at a boiling point at the moment. Pretty scary, that thread about the sexually frustrated friend reminded me a bit of it

The beginning? How is this any different from the Columbine, Batman Movie, Virginia Tech murders? Besides the kid having youtube videos and a body building forum thread to complain on. It's all socially awkward mentally ill males thinking they are entitled to something.

The beginning? How is this any different from the Columbine, Batman Movie, Virginia Tech murders? Besides the kid having youtube videos and a body building forum thread to complain on. It's all socially awkward mentally ill males thinking they are entitled to something.

I'd say this one is more like that guy who killed several Amish girls.

Because the dude put sexual frustration at the forefront of his agenda in his final video

The other shooters also had mental issues too forreal but that also stemmed from other problems

Sadly I think the internet exacerbates things like this.

For sure. It's not like this kind of opinion:

tMoGDpA.jpg

is his alone. Where have I seen this before...

Kreed

Because the dude put sexual frustration at the forefront of his agenda in his final video

The other shooters also had mental issues too forreal but that also stemmed from other problems

The sexual issues are just what we know of/the issue he wanted to complain about. I guarantee a guy who makes a video like that and goes on a killing spree has way more issues than getting laid. I give it a couple of days before we find out dude had steroids in his house from the body building website, either no friends or one best friend who thought he was strange but never capable of this, former class mates going he was quiet and never talked to anyone, Mass Effect 3, a gun collection, etc...

I don't get the whole entitlement that women suppose to sleep with them. Its like a woman telling them no is the end of the world.

I just got to keep it real: this is a failure on behalf of their father or if there is no father in the picture, some kind of father figure to say that they're simply not entitled to women and that women are people.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I just got to keep it real: this is a failure on behalf of their father or if there is no father in the picture, some kind of father figure to say that they're simply not entitled to women and that women are people.

Yep. It's sad that some men place their own worth and success on how many women they can sleep with or date like objects to be attained instead of human beings. I feel bad for guys like this...

andthebeatgoeson

I feel like Slay has been around for awhile. Being over 30, is putting it lightly

This one definitely feels like what X2 was to X1.
Stahp. 2 is the second best one, after the first class. OK, gonna get hyped and see it Monday.

Having people in your life to help you course correct is key.

Like that time I fingered my ex's best friend in high school. Got a lot of heat for that. My uncle came over and told me to just jerk it. Problem was, I was. But it was helpful. Everyone needs someone to tell them when the get off course.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damn, that whole situation was fucked. Man...we really need to fix everything regarding gender norms and mental illness in this country...

Play games on consoles brehs. Hit Blighttown on 360 Dark Souls and this shit is terribad. My system sounds like it's cursing at me for playing this level. Not only do you have to worry about asshole goons hitting you with the WORST status effect (toxic) in the game, but you also have to fight the fucking framerate. I've taken my time to explore every other area, but I'm using every death to figure out how to speedrun/break this segment. smh.

RedSwirl

The sexual issues are just what we know of/the issue he wanted to complain about. I guarantee a guy who makes a video like that and goes on a killing spree has way more issues than getting laid. I give it a couple of days before we find out dude had steroids in his house from the body building website, either no friends or one best friend who thought he was strange but never capable of this, former class mates going he was quiet and never talked to anyone, Mass Effect 3, a gun collection, etc...

New details came in: Parents saw the videos, called the cops and doctors. Cops said they saw nothing wrong. This was a few days ago I believe.

ReiGun

Having people in your life to help you course correct is key.

Sadly, many of us have people in our lives who need their courses corrected as well. Just having X or Y person present isn't enough; a lot of people we think are "supposed" to teach certain things have been taught some awful shit themselves. And unfortunately for all, it takes a lot to start unpacking certain ideals and changing your way of thinking when you've held certain beliefs long enough.

New details came in: Parents saw the videos, called the cops and doctors. Cops said they saw nothing wrong. This was a few days ago I believe.

Well let's be honest the cops aren't exactly great at perceiving possible threats. They can't even handle victims who come to them post-violence worth a shit.

Gorillaz

Dude could have definitely done with some friends, but he comes off as a type of person who believes he is above criticism among people because of his status. Can't save someone who doesn't want to change or learn.

Damn, that whole situation was fucked. Man...we really need to fix everything regarding gender norms and mental illness in this country...

Play games on consoles brehs. Hit Blighttown on 360 Dark Souls and this shit is terribad. My system sounds like it's cursing at me for playing this level. Not only do you have to worry about asshole goons hitting you with the WORST status effect (toxic) in the game, but you also have to fight the fucking framerate. I've taken my time to explore every other area, but I'm using every death to figure out how to speedrun/break this segment. smh.

Most people do that through the game as well. Just using each death as a lesson for what to do and not to do. That's why the number of souls you earn ain't shit. Blighttown is notorious for how terrible the FPS is on console. It really is shit and nobody likes it, and nah, I would say getting cursed is the worst status effect in game. If you haven't gotten it yet, your lucky. Just avoid frogs or kill them quick is all I gotta say.

I've heard that area has performance issues in general for both machines.

Got PS Now Beta on the PS4 tho, hopefully they put Borderlands 2 and the Telltale games here so I don't have to turn on my PS3 anymore. Shit's painful after the PS4.

X-men is later, followed by Zilla tomorrow, I have high hopes for both.

About the shooter and some of the online vitrol in general, I think a lot of that is extreme social awkwardness. Mostly everyone I know is pretty well-adjusted, but there's always a few dudes that you have to bring out of their shells. No telling what happens if they stay in there and seethe for years.

I think Devo had a comment a few pages about about the general validation threads, and I agree, but also, some of that just comes from very little real world social interaction. I always laugh at Mufasa's joke threads, but there's a siable amount of people like that with just no skills and never bothered to hone them.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Most people do that through the game as well. Just using each death as a lesson for what to do and not to do. That's why the number of souls you earn ain't shit. Blighttown is notorious for how terrible the FPS is on console. It really is shit and nobody likes it, and nah, I would say getting cursed is the worst status effect in game. If you haven't gotten it yet, your lucky. Just avoid frogs or kill them quick is all I gotta say.

No doubt, but I'm talking beyond that. I skipped the very first part by running past the goons with clubs and jumping towards an item. Healed, made a second jump elsewhere and was at the bonfire. lol. Fuck fighting fair in this stage. lol. Only reason I'm not already done, is because I died somehow via fire...when I was behind the insect, at the very bottom (near the tall grass). I couldn't tell you what most of the area looks like.

Yea, I've managed to not get cursed yet. I figured the frogs were on some ole bullshit when they let the gas out. Shades of Castlevania and whatnot.

Top Bottom