• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Not like this Marvel

BoZHChVIgAEYQUp.jpg

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
How could a low class warrior like Kakarot become a Super Saiyan, while I, the Prince of all Saiyans, could not?

5ijGtJ9.gif

on a serious note mental illness needs to be taken more seriously in this country.

and even if progress is made in this area how do we address those issues without taking away a persons rights?

Slayven

Are you saying you're starting to formulate your opinions and not just repeating what me and Sculli say?
Is that allowed ?

why would anyone repeat what sculli has to say?
LOL
Not surprised. Guy probably would have sworn up and down that he's not racist though.
But have facts to prove black people ain't shit.
lets see what he does

No, lets go crazy over it now!

lets see what he does

His contract is up after A3. Since he signed a 3 project deal and has commented on wanting to do other things... He's gone bro.

Also, I didn't know that Marvel took Thor 2 away from the director in editing.The Russo's really are the best directors for Marvel since they're use to getting ran around by a producer.

Slayven

His contract is up after A3. Since he signed a 3 project deal and has commented on wanting to do other things... He's gone bro.

Also, I didn't know that Marvel took Thor 2 away from the director in editing.The Russo's really are the best directors for Marvel since they're use to getting ran around by a producer.

Funny the narrative now. First Whedon wasn't shit and Avengers looked like a tv show. Now he is the best thing to happen to Marvel since Chrome covers.

Every time someone is a piece of shit, is it necessarily a mental illness?

Nope.

Notice minorities rarely get that either.

They're just thugs acting like they do.

This guy though? Clearly mentally unstable.

I do think he had some issues but it's pretty clear: he felt emasculated and he premeditated murder, then carried it out.

Nakazato

Jesus is lord I have found the white jjicefish dancing I fucking can't. I'm laugh so hard in a public area.

Edit: a second one appears LOL

andthebeatgoeson

Stabbed 3 dudes. Bodies were recovered but not IDed.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA4N05120140524?irpc=932

Reuters gives the goods.

California's KEYT-TV reported that the suspected gunman's apartment complex was also a crime scene and that three bodies had been removed from the site. Authorities could not immediately confirm the report and there was no immediate word whether the bodies were included in the existing death toll.

It's crazy to me that if you wanted to make a caricature of some of the guys we see on forums and make it into a movie serial killer you'd end up with this dude.

Entitlement, classism, life's not fair, racism (but I'm not racist) and women as property?

Man, he was covert stormfronting.

The evil side in me is saying it's his fault for only trying to date within your race. You put the barriers up to make life harder than it had to be.

Still not excusing his actions.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I....had a moment of weakness while driving today brehs. I scooped the new Coldplay album (which is fantastic), and I get to the end of the album and this song starts playing. Now, I was doing fine until I get the climax and hear these lyrics:

So fly on
Ride through
Maybe one day I'll fly next to you

They fly on
Ride through
Maybe one day I'll come fly with you

and it felt like all the pent up emotions I've had towards my current baby mama drama came out in my tears. Somehow despite all the craziness, a part of me deep down is still in love with her, yet like Chris Martin, we have to move on from the past.

Slayven

It's crazy to me that if you wanted to make a caricature of some of the guys we see on forums and make it into a movie serial killer you'd end up with this dude.

Entitlement, classism, life's not fair, racism (but I'm not racist) and women as property?

Does make me look at some posts I seen in a whole new light.

Kreed

Every time someone is a piece of shit, is it necessarily a mental illness?

A mass murdering piece of shit? Maybe. Reading his posts/manifestos it's clear this guy is at the very least out of touch with reality (women prison/murder camps).

Plus the guy's parents claim he was getting treatment. So the media isn't just throwing labels for no reason "this time".

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A mass murdering piece of shit? Maybe. Reading his posts/manifestos it's clear this guy is at the very least out of touch with reality (women prison/murder camps).

Plus the guy's parents claim he was getting treatment. So the media isn't just throwing labels for no reason "this time".

Being diagnosed as mentally ill is a privilege.

If you grew up poor, 'mentally ill' to you means wheelchair bound and on the short bus. That's it. You might've heard the term bi-polar before, but it didn't mean shit other than extraordinarily irrational. Looking back, I can think of dozens of people that were suffering from some kind of shit - but in a poor neighborhood, you don't get to be 'depressed' or have 'adhd'. You're left to either figure shit out on your own for your whole life. And when something does happen there's definitely nothing there to point out other than your own actions.

A lot of "mass murders" in the hood. They aren't labeled with mental illness. My question is more rhetorical than anything.

If you grew up poor, 'mentally ill' to you means wheelchair bound and on the short bus. That's it. You might've heard the term bi-polar before, but it didn't mean shit other than extraordinarily irrational. Looking back, I can think of dozens of people that were suffering from some kind of shit - but in a poor neighborhood, you don't get to be 'depressed' or have 'adhd'. You're left to either figure shit out on your own for your whole life. And when something does happen there's definitely nothing there to point out other than your own actions.

...all this truth....

ReiGun

Pretty much. Lots of people walking around with legit mental illnesses who will likely never even be diagnosed because they don't have access to professionals. And even if you are diagnosed, getting proper treatment can be a bitch.

The #YesAllWomen tag on twitter is spine chilling.

I was reading it earlier and I'll admit I had to stop. The way we as a society treat women is abhorrent.

Reading through it again and I see the trolls are out.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Truth. Add to that cultural differences as well. I grew up being taught, and believing that mental illness was a cop out the Western world used to excuse the actions of people who did bad shit. Not because we didn't have doctors and medical pros who understood these things, but rather because it was always seen as a failing of the parent(s) and poor upbringing.

If bangers wrote out their "manifestos" instead of spoke it, maybe they'd get the label of being mentally ill (MAYBE). Just frustrating that someone can have it all, doing something deplorable and get the label, but people who live in sociological cages aren't evaluated for how that could affect their thinking.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If bangers wrote out their "manifestos" instead of spoke it, maybe they'd get the label of being mentally ill (MAYBE). Just frustrating that someone can have it all, doing something deplorable and get the label, but people who live in sociological cages aren't evaluated for how that could affect their thinking.

some who actually been about that life get the opportunity to put it to music and they get called thugs lol

ron artest is just a goon. nevermind the fact that he saw one of his childhood friends literally impaled with a table leg during a basketball game

needs jail tbh

Media: I guess we'll never know what happen
Killer: I hate women, I hate feminism, they're a disease, fuck 'em
Media: I SAID WE'LL NEVER NOT WHAT HAPPEN

What's misogyny? What do you mean Worldwide, 70% of female homicide victims are murdered by their male partners? Our society objectifies women? Young men's role models typically include womanizers and sociopaths? Racism is so prevalent he's a self-loathing half-asian who can't stand the idea of minorities dating the "pinnacle of beauty:" white women, what do you mean?

COMPLETE MADMAN. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. NOTHING ENTRENCHED BY SOCIETY WHAT SO EVER.

ReiGun

Truth. Add to that cultural differences as well. I grew up being taught, and believing that mental illness was a cop out the Western world used to excuse the actions of people who did bad shit. Not because we didn't have doctors and medical pros who understood these things, but rather because it was always seen as a failing of the parent(s) and poor upbringing.

I've suffered from depression for years and have heard just about every variant of "get over it" you can imagine. It's just not something that's real to people beyond things like retardation or autism where there's very clearly something "wrong" with a person. For anyone else, it's much just seen as a personal failing they'll get over with grit and a little prayer.

Gorillaz

Media: I guess we'll never know what happen
Killer: I hate women, I hate feminism, they're a disease, fuck 'em
Media: I SAID WE'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPEN

My fellow crabs speaking that truth

Imagine if he made those youtubes threatening school children or congressmen.

Don't even need to go that far. Replace 'women' with 'men' and 'feminism' with 'patriarchy', have him blaming his virginity on misogynistic social constructs and the police woulda knocked his door down like he had The Clinton family tied up in his basement.

Top Bottom