• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

KumaJG

are we still doing KFC vs. Popeyes in here? Because KFC just won.

KFC-Big-Boss.jpg

http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/03/12/kfcs-big-boss-could-be-the-best-big-mac-imitation-weve-seen-yet/

There's a thread in the OT, and it has exactly the GIFs you think it does.

psssh KFC wish it could mess with Popeyes.

i don't have the luxury of popeyes and churches. i'll take what i can get. this isn't my preferred chicken joint here but i'll go for that burger.

i don't have the luxury of popeyes and churches. i'll take what i can get. this isn't my preferred chicken joint here but i'll go for that burger.

This may be the first time "Church's Chicken" and "luxury" have been used in the same sentence without a hint of irony.

Church's is where you go when your neighborhood is too fucking dangerous for a real fast food joint. It's half a step up from crown fried chicken and that's not a compliment.

edit: it occurs to me that Crown Fried Chicken might be local to the philly area. Imagine a church's chicken with more bulletproof glass and homeless people and you're about there.

Gorillaz

Churchs is where you go when your at the end of your rope like

"damn my kids hate me, my parents think I'm a failure and my girl told me I ain't shit, might as well drown my self in grease from Churches and get ready for that weekly drive by to come put one in me"

What type of job are you at that B-ball is shutting things down?

I work for IBM fam. Every year during the ACC tourney and march madness they put as many games on they can in every cafeteria on campus. We smack dab in RTP between durham and raleigh so every college fan and alumni that is here pretty much goes crazy. Work is pretty much put on auto pilot. Matter of fact if you check our stock price it's probably taken a dip because our production takes a dip across the board for the month.

Edit - And yall boys know that ambrosia known as Church's biscuits is 2nd to none.

I work for IBM fam. Every year during the ACC tourney and march madness they put as many games on they can in every cafeteria on campus. We smack dab in RTP between durham and raleigh so every college fan and alumni that is here pretty much goes crazy. Work is pretty much put on auto pilot. Matter of fact if you check our stock price it's probably taken a dip because our production takes a dip across the board for the month.

Edit - And yall boys know that ambrosia known as Church's biscuits is 2nd to none.

speaking of which, anyone doing that billion dollar bracket challenge? I forgot all about it and just signed up

DominoKid

Must be nice. Our boss told us he doesn't give a damn about the ACC or NCAA tournament and he didn't want us to talk about it either.

What type of job are you at that B-ball is shutting things down?

jobs in NC.

nobody' really works on Thursday or Friday for about 3 weeks in March.

royalan

So, Chris Brown is on his way TO the jail house today:

Chris Brown is on his way to jail right now, because he violated a judge's order by getting booted from the rehab facility where he's been living for nearly 4 month ... TMZ has learned.

The judge in the Rihanna beating case ordered Chris to live in the Malibu rehab facility for 90 days to get anger management therapy, and he completed the stint earlier this month. BUT ... at the last court hearing, the judge modified things and ordered Chris to stay in the facility while the Washington D.C. assault case ran its course.

The deal was this ... if Chris left rehab, he would go directly to jail.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Brown was thrown out of the rehab facility this morning, for violating "internal rules." We do not know precisely what Chris did, but we're told it did not involve violence or drugs.

Sources tell TMZ ... Chris was caught having "an inappropriate relationship" with a female worker at the beginning of the month, but that is NOT why he was thrown out today.

As you recall, Chris was previously thrown out of a different facility for throwing a rock at his mom's car window.

Chris was picked up by L.A. County Sheriff's deputies a short time ago and is on his way to jail.
X

And I'm trying to decide if this is thread worthy.

You had so much going for you, Chris. Such a promising young career at one point...

tumblr_inline_n1qwp5S2Wl1qbqb0j.gif

If you gonna get shot, I guess there are worse ways than with a Church's biscuit in ya mouth. Put that shit on your headstone. "dem biscuits tho"

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So, Chris Brown is on his way TO the jail house today:

X

And I'm trying to decide if this is thread worthy.

You had so much going for you, Chris. Such a promising young career at one point...

tumblr_inline_n1qwp5S2Wl1qbqb0j.gif

Damn...

Edit: holy crap I'm a member now! Yay!

BlackJace

You convince the public to forgive you AND give you another shot at continuing your career, and you STILL can't keep your ass out of trouble.

Lock em up.

RedSwirl

Church's is where my parents went when they were done shopping on base and Church's was the only place around, or maybe because it's next door to a liquor store down here. That was before the local PX got Popeye's though.

...and is it wrong that the main thing I know Popeye's for is its shrimp?

Furyous

Anyone work for any US corporations? I'm trying to get that corporate America paper. George Washington University got back to me and everything's a go. How's Mom's weekend at the campus? It has 55 percent female population and they all rich.

Must be nice. Our boss told us he doesn't give a damn about the ACC or NCAA tournament and he didn't want us to talk about it either.

He must be a big 10 fan... Literally from the front lobby to my desk today I counted close to 20 ipad's and android tablets ready to stream games and like I said IBM's campus has a total of 3 cafe's all of em had every projector and TV on espn/game. Hell my upline manager stays in Burlington. She's been "working" from home yesterday and today.

edit: it occurs to me that Crown Fried Chicken might be local to the philly area. Imagine a church's chicken with more bulletproof glass and homeless people and you're about there.

Yea, there is a similar joint here in DFW area called Williams Chicken. One of those types of place you tell yourself that one day you may try their chicken out, but then you remember that requires exiting your car to get inside. The risk is too high.

Damn, that is pretty cool.

Slayven

You're joking, but I can't stand a lot of modern R&B for this reason. Too many singers with wannabe rapper personas and subject matter.

Wasn't it Try Songz that said he was the Hardest dude in R&B?

Back in my day all you needed was a suit, good hair, and at least 3 dudes to do a two step behind you. And we liked it.

Top Bottom