• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood the hype for watch dogs

always looked like the exact same type of game we've been playing all this current gen

Silky

Banned

always looked like the exact same type of game we've been playing all this current gen

It was pretty. That's the hype for a lot of current-gen games. Is that it's pretty.

That being said I heard the gunplay's pretty good in W_D. Multiplayer interests me, too.

someone pls stop Luigi

HomelyCluelessBat.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just posting in here cuz I read Beef's Popeyes story, and it sucks that he's gotta slum at KFCs now. :(

That said, glad you're feeling better Beef.

Cuz it looked nice. I think in the end, most of us had figured it was AC with hacking. I'm playing it now and I dunno. I like the hacking stuff and some of the minigames (like chess, shoot video game aliens on the street, shell game, etc). Otherwise, I kinda feel like it has good ideas which come out kinda half-baked, and the game ends up being a hybrid of concepts that sometimes don't mesh well together. Sometimes they do mesh well, and it's great. Other times, they don't mesh well at all and it feels messy. Don't like the driving because it generally feels loose, and the gunplay's okay. Haven't tried MP, but the mode they introduce you to in the tutorial for it is kinda silly.

It's ok. I dunno. I feel a little disappointed with it, but that's mostly because the last city open-world game I'd played was Saints Row 3. And I think I liked AC4's "open world" moreso because you could play as a Trinidadian in the DLC, and he was your partner for most of the main game.

someone pls stop Luigi

HomelyCluelessBat.gif
One more year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
An article by an old friend of mine about historically black colleges and universities vs predominantly white institutions:

http://college.usatoday.com/2014/06...te-misses-the-real-point-of-higher-education/

I genuinely disagree.

Its not about 'blackness' validation either. I passed Spanish 1 and 2 without being able to count to 10 in Spanish. My physics department had a lab from what looked like the 50s. I literally taught the class for 2 weeks because our professor never 'showed up' after his interview and vetting. Our English department teacher was an admitted handmedown in a 'transitionary period' between getting kicked out of EK and getting into UNC.

I could go on.

But HCBU's are for the most part second chance schools without the structure in place to even support that kind of intake.

ReiGun

Someone put it to me like this: Watch_Dogs benefitted from being revealed during an E3 where there was practically nothing but sequels and reboots. People were happy to see something that was new from at least a narrative perspective, even if the gameplay wasn't exactly changing the game.

Nakazato

Village onmic im going to give u guys admin right to the scrubgaf community. My time will be crazy limited since i get off of work at 1am

That Dre stuff, while I don't personally like the guy, is some transparent ass filth lol.

Pretty pathetic, yea.
Some of those reasons are comical, others just ignore the point and keep going, even after their logic was ethered.

I looked at it one last time, but I'm keeping it moving otherwise.

Only HBCU I ever thought about attending was Howard.

Yea I honestly don't give a damn about Dre, but it is transparent as fuck.

Trust me. We have our problems here. HBCUs are a sensitive topic because its hard to argue a lot of funds aren't misallocated but at the same time alumni seem completely unwilling to donate to their alma maters with the exceptions of Morehouse and Spelman

Trust me. We have our problems here. HBCUs are a sensitive topic because its hard to argue a lot of funds aren't misallocated but at the same time alumni seem completely unwilling to donate to their alma maters with the exceptions of Morehouse and Spelman

It was a free ride on behalf of my uncle, he was friends with many people in admissions and a few higher ups.

Downside...it was Howard and it's cold as shit up north. And to be honest the school didn't impress me when my uncle took me up there to visit it.

I will say it looked better than Benedict, now that's a run down school. I use to live in Columbia, both Benedict and Allen looked like struggle schools.

DY_nasty

It was a free ride on behalf of my uncle, he was friends with many people in admissions and a few higher ups.

Downside...it was Howard and it's cold as shit up north. And to be honest the school didn't impress me when my uncle took me up there to visit it.

I will say it looked better than Benedict, now that's a run down school. I use to live in Columbia, both Benedict and Allen looked like struggle schools.
The rare HBCU is one that isn't full of struggle.

Lol that's real. I'm from SC. Benedict is the ultimate struggle school. I would never go there, but I'm not one of those people who hopes schools stay shitty. Hopefully it improves-it serves a purpose for somebody out there.

The rare HBCU is one that isn't full of struggle.

I've got to defend HBCU's. Gave me a tougher skin and some invaluable life lessons. Regardless your career choice, an HBCU equipped me with survival tools. Pick the right HBCU, and you might just thrive.

Over the years, I've had discussions with brothers I met while at the HBCU. None of us are doing great. We ALL drank the Kool-Aid, turning down non-HBCU's for that A Different World dream. Still, while it might not have panned out as we'd have liked, none of us regret the decision.

Also funds misappropriation happens in all schools.

DY_nasty

I've got to defend HBCU's. Gave me a tougher skin and some invaluable life lessons. Regardless your career choice, an HBCU equipped me with survival tools. Pick the right HBCU, and you might just thrive.

Over the years, I've had discussions with brothers I met while at the HBCU. None of us are doing great. We ALL drank the Kool-Aid, turning down non-HBCU's for that A Different World dream. Still, while it might not have panned out as we'd have liked, none of us regret the decision.

Also funds misappropriation happens in all schools.

I can agree with the bolded. Definitely. But I'm not about to pretend that living in condemned buildings is what's hot these days. Going to HBCUs means that you'll have a struggle story to tell. Being the best in your class is largely a road without competition because half of the class doesn't give a fuck and is there because that school let them in just to get paid and the other half is getting pimped out to every organization in the city that needs a well spoken black friend to help push it's pushables.

Top Bottom