• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nothing like coming to work and talking with a guy who still likes boondocks

Anyone want to do a BCT E3 betting game?

Will it be the best E3 ever?

Will it be the worst E3 ever?

Neither, it'll be in the middle. Pushed back games means it'll be a lot of footage to keep us interested. Room for indies to give reveals. Nintendo could have used this to actually give a presentation. Ride the success of MK8.

But honestly, I think this E3 will be for Destiny and PlaystationNOW, and the VR tech. I don't know about PC/Xbox since I don't follow them.

Oh, Deep Down as well. I don't know if we have a date, but given our luck thus far, probably somewhere in 2015

"Oh they a business" is a thought solves all my questions for many an industry. Companies are not my friend, they have a product and if i like it I will buy it. That is the extant of our relationship. Folks needs to learn that.

But Slay! Sony cares about me man. I mean they're "4 the gamers"! Surely a company that speaks like that will remember my favorite color and that time I fell off my bike!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What happens when dehumanizing stare meets dehumanizing stare?
tumblr_inline_n6jz3hiN0B1qd7jvp.gif

Welp, there goes one of the only PS4 games I was interested in this year. Now we got UbiSoft Collectathon: Island Edition 4, UbiSoft Collecathon: Yearly Franchise Installment We Swear Its Good This Time Guyz, Dragon Age: LOL WE GOT YOUR MONEY AGAIN 3, Destiny, Alien Isolation, and struggle Left 4 Dead

Thank God for Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2, fam

Fuck Smash
tumblr_n3py3uif0W1r94e9jo2_400.gif

Slayven

Neither, it'll be in the middle. Pushed back games means it'll be a lot of footage to keep us interested. Room for indies to give reveals. Nintendo could have used this to actually give a presentation. Ride the success of MK8.

But honestly, I think this E3 will be for Destiny and PlaystationNOW, and the VR tech. I don't know about PC/Xbox since I don't follow them.

Oh, Deep Down as well. I don't know if we have a date, but given our luck thus far, probably somewhere in 2015
Destiny is the only thing in the future that got me Devo hot. Playstation Now could be the next big thing, all depends on the pricing.
Everyone getting out of the way of Smash U

It's gonna sell well into the thousands
Will do better than Bayonetta.
But Slay! Sony cares about me man. I mean they're "4 the gamers"! Surely a company that speaks like that will remember my favorite color and that time I fell off my bike!
If my lights going to get cut off Kojima ain't going to paypal me no money.

Kreed

Welp, there goes one of the only PS4 games I was interested in this year. Now we got UbiSoft Collectathon: Island Edition 4, UbiSoft Collecathon: Yearly Franchise Installment We Swear Its Good This Time Guyz, Dragon Age: LOL WE GOT YOUR MONEY AGAIN 3, Destiny, Alien Isolation, and struggle Left 4 Dead

I really hope Nintendo steps their game up by the time Bayonetta 2 comes out.

Nothing like coming to work and talking with a guy who still likes boondocks

Bet he's still mad the Cleveland Show got canceled.

Congrats, you graduated.. now sit your ass in these boring classes for the bar.

Ugh.

Those Mario Kart gifs have me wanting to take an L and get a U.

Slayven

Slay.. DoFP or Winter Soldier?

I am bias so I will say Winter Soldier. I always been meh on movie X-men. A universe of characters, and it all comes back to Wolverine, Mystique, and Wolverine.

But I will say this X-men is the movie most like their comics. Confusing continuity, time travel, shit just not explained or just dropped.

I am bias so I will say Winter Soldier. I always been meh on movie X-men. A universe of characters, and it all comes back to Wolverine, Mystique, and Wolverine.

But I will say this X-men is the movie most like their comics. Confusing continuity, time travel, shit just not explained or just dropped.

I kind of put DoFP in the same basket as Amazing Spider-Man (but for different reasons).

The pacing and character arcs of the movie, along with the cinematography were really enjoyable (unlike Spidey). But the movie basically asks you to turn off all common sense in how the story relates to the past films, how it would affect time and the availability/use of certain characters. Meanwhile, Spidey is just a pretty bad movie, where DoFP is a good one, but gets the characters really well and at least makes sense in it's trite plot.

I think Winter Soldiers gets it all right.

Spinluck

Eh, not interested in Batman at the moment, Batman AA was the only one I was able to playthrough. But it's good they delayed it. Smash and Bayo 2 for Wii U, and Destiny, Evolve for PS4, and Smash for 3DS. Depending on my mood I might wait till Bayo's cheaper. I would've spent $60 on it when there weren't that many games out. It's a hard sell to me now.

I can't remember what else comes out this year. Smash will be the best of the bunch for though. I hate games.

cdyhybrid

I think Winter Soldier is pretty clearly the best this year, but DOFP is close behind.

I don't mind ignoring certain plot holes regarding time travel and the previous movies (like Byakuya mentioned above) because theoretically the story going forward will be consistent and hopefully avoid future retcons.

Slayven

I kind of put DoFP in the same basket as Amazing Spider-Man (but for different reasons).

The pacing and character arcs of the movie, along with the cinematography were really enjoyable (unlike Spidey). But the movie basically asks you to turn off all common sense in how the story relates to the past films, how it would affect time and the availability/use of certain characters. Meanwhile, Spidey is just a pretty bad movie, where DoFP is a good one, but gets the characters really well and at least makes sense in it's trite plot.

I think Winter Soldiers gets it all right.

I like where New Class was going is showing other Mutants as a threat. Not just Magneto and his band of nuts. I mean Feds had bad mutants in that truck without giant robots. X-3 should have had some other bad guys. The Hellfire club or The Shadowking.

Spinluck

Cap 2 had better pacing and stuff. I really like both and they're honestly not far apart. X-Men has more blatant flaws, but I think I'd give it the slight edge. Only because of how generic the final act of Cap 2 got, except for that great scene with Cap and TWS that had a great payoff to a scene showed not too long before that fight. It gave me the feels. X-Men gave me more feels at the end though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Cap 2 had better pacing and stuff. I really like both and they're honestly not far apart. X-Men has more blatant flaws, but I think I'd give it the slight edge. Only because of how generic the final act of Cap 2 got, except for that great scene with Cap and TWS that had a great payoff to a scene showed not too long before that fight. It gave me the feels. X-Men gave me more feels at the end though.
Blink made fights in DoFP soooo dope though.

KumaJG

"Oh they a business" is a thought solves all my questions for many an industry. Companies are not my friend, they have a product and if i like it I will buy it. That is the extant of our relationship. Folks needs to learn that.

I wonder why people don't get this?

Gorillaz

Blink was the low key favorite mutant in DOFP.

I might honestly get Wii U this year and get ps4 early next year this point

It's obvious that ppl are starved for anything yet all these games avoiding the yearly's again for some reason. It'll be bullshite if February isn't jam packed or else you fuck yourself too far into the next year

Very good analysis IMO.

But dat Trouble Man from WS pushed Cap 2 over the feels threshold for me. I love that song so much now

JohnDoe

Banned
Is "social justice warrior" the new buzzword for privileged, straight, white and male basement dwellers who are afraid of their views being challenged?

Is "social justice warrior" the new buzzword for privileged, straight, white and male basement dwellers who are afraid of their views being challenged?

It's also for people are who are just assholes and want to dismiss any sort of power imbalance short of gang rape or racial genocide.

ReiGun

In a word, yes.

At first, I thought it meant to criticize the sort of shallow activism we sometimes see on social networks. But even if that was the original intent, it quickly turned into "easy way to dismiss people saying things I don't like."

Silky

Banned

I like how the last three games are the ones I'm really interested in.

I got no faith in Dragon Age: Inquisition

Slayven

It's also for people are who are just assholes and want to dismiss any sort of power imbalance short of gang rape or racial genocide.

In a word, yes.

At first, I thought it meant to criticize the sort of shallow activism we sometimes see on social networks. But even if that was the original intent, it quickly turned into "easy way to dismiss people saying things I don't like."

Shit is fucked up. It is one of those phrases that instantly identities an asshole.

Top Bottom