• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure how I felt about DiU, I mean Josuke was kinda cool; but most of his squad was wack as hell. Then the mangaka did that annoying thing where all of the ex-baddies who became allies became all chibi-fied and shit. It annoyed me slightly.

It makes sense tho in context of the setting since most of the enemies that joined were high school kids

then there's Rohan, who is still antagonistic towards Josuke even when he "joins" the team

Part 4 is my favorite part. Thought it was an interesting take on what high school kids would do if they had super powers. Instead of saving the world they just live regular lives and use their abilities for regular things

cdyhybrid

I reinstalled it and even bought the compendium, I've played once match so far since I've been back. Already losing the urge to play. I just can't do randoms with this game, I like playing with people I know. Unfortunately everyone I know who plays is like on some next level ish.

I mostly feel the same way.

I can do randoms if I just mute everyone, but then you get reported by idiots for not "working together" even though I can still clearly tell what they're trying to do by looking at the damn screen.

Wish there were a way to mute everyone and only communicate by pings (pings are blocked when you mute someone right?) - I don't have to listen to their dumbass comments and we can still communicate at 90% efficiency (for a pub match anyway).

Yea, that's my main issue with DOTA as well.

It makes sense tho in context of the setting since most of the enemies that joined were high school kids

Gotta disagree with that, Josuke and Okuyasu are never chibi-fied so it makes everything weird when other high schoolers are introduced looking like high schoolers and proportionate like Josuke and Okuyasu then after they join they're like 3 feet like Koichi without explanation; then you have like Josuke's mom, Jotaro, and random other side characters who stay proportionate and it's just weird. Especially since the whole chibi thing has never been a "thing" for the Jojo series. It's most annoying when it happened to Tamami who's 20 and not even in high school anymore.

then there's Rohan, who is still antagonistic towards Josuke even when he "joins" the team

Part 4 is my favorite part. Thought it was an interesting take on what high school kids would do if they had super powers. Instead of saving the world they just live regular lives and use their abilities for regular things

DiU is kinda of whatever for me, I'm like most Jojo fans who basically love SDC and merely like everything else.

I've never gone to a romantic movie with a couple as the third wheel but that sounds like a recipe for eyerolling.

If I remember right things don't really get interesting until Hisoka shows up. I forget what episode that is.

Already showed up and while his 2 second fight scene was dope, overall this is still cheesy as hell. I can see glints of amazingness like when Skateboard kid got annoyed with that old dude and randomly killed two people who bumped into him. But man this show has ALOT of cheese to it. When does said cheese let up and battling and shit got real moments take over?

Did you actually go in the movie? You should have just said "lol nah I'm going to see ANYTHING ELSE instead."

...Yes ;_;

See, it got progressively worse. First it was like "okay, movie." Then it was like "okay, sad movie." Then I get in there and I'm like "oh, romantic sad movie."

I'm clueless. What's the problem with watching a romantic drama with a friend and his girl exactly?

It's definitely something that shouldn't be experienced like that.

Gorillaz

I only usually 3rd wheel to parties or bars. Even then it feels "off" tho. The benefit obviously is them putting you on with one of there friends but that isnt always a good ending either

Seeing a Rom com as a 3rd wheel almost comes off as flaunting tbh

This is totally not what I expected in the black culture thread.

But yeah, if Naruto isn't ending, I have no clue what Kishimoto can do next.

I've never gone to a romantic movie with a couple as the third wheel but that sounds like a recipe for eyerolling.

Already showed up and while his 2 second fight scene was dope, overall this is still cheesy as hell. I can see glints of amazingness like when Skateboard kid got annoyed with that old dude and randomly killed two people who bumped into him. But man this show has ALOT of cheese to it. When does said cheese let up and battling and shit got real moments take over?

That hunter exam arc has its moments. If you've seen Yu Yu Hakusho then expect a similar progression path since it's the same guy behind it.

This is totally not what I expected in the black culture thread.

But yeah, if Naruto isn't ending, I have no clue what Kishimoto can do next.

Whatchu tryin to say bruh!? Black people can't appreciate the animus?! D:

That hunter exam arc has its moments. If you've seen Yu Yu Hakusho then expect a similar progression path since it's the same guy behind it.

Shit even YYH's exam arc had more action than this. Just let me know what arc the battles get serious and I'll just skip to it.

jWILL253

Banned
Yo, Angelus... I was doing a thread search, and I noticed that you started a thread about getting into music production back into 2011. Did you ever go anywhere with that?

Yo, Angelus... I was doing a thread search, and I noticed that you started a thread about getting into music production back into 2011. Did you ever go anywhere with that?

I mess around with my MPC a little and dabble in FL studios, met some production cats out here in Orlando, but honestly I never got super vested into it in any meaningful capacity.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Whatchu tryin to say bruh!? Black people can't appreciate the animus?! D:

Shit even YYH's exam arc had more action than this. Just let me know what arc the battles get serious and I'll just skip to it.

The hunter exam was pretty brutal. But its the york shin arc that gets things started

DominoKid

That 5/28 Catfish is crazy. This dude named Kidd Cole was telling folks he was down w/ GOOD Music and getting people to set up limos, events and shit for him. Ran this one chicm up 23k worth of bills w/ the promise of a label job.

Dude was so committed to his story too when he had multiple opportunities to come clean. One of the hosts tossed dude's iPhone in a river.

Pure fuckery.

Satch

Banned
somebody in here inspired me to main the rapcar setup in MK8 with Pink Gold Peach

for anybody that wants to try the kart itself, use Bandwagon, Retro Off-Road tires (these are white, which i like better for the motif, but the standard Off-Road tires are black and have the same stats), and Peach Parasol (which i only use because i use Peach). its a pretty good setup for heavy characters, but i dont know how it works with anybody else since i only play PGP. you can get better stats with different tires but at this point i prioritize the aesthetic over winning, since i always lose to Koodo anyway.

cute detail: the speakers in the back bump to the music ingame :D

Got drunk with couple friends and a friends younger sister....fallout tomorrow is gnna be interesting.

This check basically said these two dudes last gfs weren't shit and they werestupid for thinking that they were. Was hi fiving this girl and laughing alll night. She was soooo real.

jWILL253

Banned
I'm thinking about making an album where all the beats I make sample video game soundtracks. And I don't mean no 8-16 bit crushed electronic shit... I mean actual legit soundtracks, like inFAMOUS 2, or FFXIII.

Good idea, or nah?

I'm thinking about making an album where all the beats I make sample video game soundtracks. And I don't mean no 8-16 bit crushed electronic shit... I mean actual legit soundtracks, like inFAMOUS 2, or FFXIII.

Good idea, or nah?

if you do please use either this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILB1aj82990

or something like this..lmao:
http://youtu.be/BodNRjVCHjU?t=35s

forreal though that unatco track is pretty fucking amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuTtb02dbCQ hhahahaha

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Good idea, or nah?

its hardly uncommon at all

i'll link some later. i used to have a really big collection on my mp3 player

Well, fam, I bit the bullet. Got the Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle. Also snagged Wind Waker HD and The Wonderful 101 too.

Can't wait to race after work.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
*Note to self: Peep the DE:HR soundtrack*

That last one makes me upset because it's a dope beat ruined by French Montana's struggle flow...

here's a couple between ff13 and 13-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoituh9yu3o serah's theme. kinda lounge style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C0moZgXXJY will to fight. i always thought it was one of the most underrated tracks from the game so it getting treatment was nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7UBlPVC_g0 could've used a more professional touch, absolutely, but the guy had a damned good idea with this and it still works despite his flaws

i'll post some more later

edit: another will to fight remix, its long but damn it picks up really well around 2 minutes in and the production isn't bad at all considered...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta disagree with that, Josuke and Okuyasu are never chibi-fied so it makes everything weird when other high schoolers are introduced looking like high schoolers and proportionate like Josuke and Okuyasu then after they join they're like 3 feet like Koichi without explanation; then you have like Josuke's mom, Jotaro, and random other side characters who stay proportionate and it's just weird. Especially since the whole chibi thing has never been a "thing" for the Jojo series. It's most annoying when it happened to Tamami who's 20 and not even in high school anymore.

DiU is kinda of whatever for me, I'm like most Jojo fans who basically love SDC and merely like everything else.

Wait I'm confused what chibified means now and who it happens to.

Word so there's this black female butler stopping these cats in this Hunter X Hunter joint, please tell me she's not a push over.

Wait I'm confused what chibified means now and who it happens to.

How Tamami looks when they first meet him (Koichi as well)

tamami2.jpg

How he looks after he joins the crew, kinda applies to Koichi as well tbh. Funny thing is the site I grabbed these from complains about this as well.

tamami.jpg

harSon

Banned
I still have to believe. I haven't been feeling it from the jump, and that kind of scares me.

Literally the only thing it has going for it in my eyes is the fact that Bungie's making it. Hopefully the multiplayer blowout at e3 is legit.

Top Bottom