• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

jWILL253

Banned
Witness the ultimate battle (Step into the Grand Tour)
Between the greatest of warriors (take a Grand Tour, Grand Tour)
In all the worlds.
Take a Grand Tour, Grand Tour (Time is running out!) GT!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (6 seconds, getting lower from the first half and lower the second half of the second half)
Step into the Grand Tour (GRAND TOUR, GRAND TOUR!!!)
Step into the Grand Tour (DRAGONBALL GT!!!)
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (6 seconds, getting lower from the first half and lower the second half of the second half)
One, two, three.
For many a year the Dragonballs have always been there and now,
The righteous, the innocent and the just must now depend,
On themselves to defend mother earth from the rebirth of the ultimate end.
Now the tournament is over the closer the greed creeps,
For every good that's done further can evil seeps.
Inside the very spirit that makes the good compete.
Get the just to prevail, the righteous CAN'T FAIL!
(Black-star Shenron speaking normally) Your wish has been granted.
Step into the Grand Tour (GRAND TOUR, GRAND TOUR,DRAGONBALL GT!!!)
Step into the Grand Tour,
A brand new adventure begins,
Another challenge for Goku and his friends.
Now, he's a Saiyan, strong.
Pilaf makes him a child again.
The Dragonballs are turnin', burnin' to end the world and everything within.
The ultimate battle between good and evil, who's gonna win?
When the sand clock dictates the consequence,
Will our heroes have the strength to be our LAST LINE OF DEFENSE??!!
(Goku yelling) KamehameHA!
Lets override the powers that seek to destroy,
Steal the innocence of our worldly joy with their evil schemes.
Hungry for the destruction that the evil brings.
The power to provoke, the hope to lose sight of the greater good,
Then allow the race to catch ablaze like sandalwood.
Step into the Grand Tour (GRAND TOUR, GRAND TOUR,DRAGONBALL GT!!!)

Uh.

Spinluck

The next Smash Bros. Week will shit on The Last Guardian. Holy shit, I just realized two Smash Bros will have been released since Versus, and TLG were announced. People still holding out hope that the game is some kind of god tier experience that changes gaming lol.

Spinluck

I saw that Witcher 3 trailer for the first time yesterday and was impressed. Hopefully the game is fun because that shit looks superb.

DBZ had a certain charm, but in the world of shonen... there's a LOT of shit that makes DBZ hype look like after school playground beef. Hajime no Ippo makes every fight feel like its the fight of the century. Gurren Lagann will have you calculating power levels ever 3 episodes. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece all do what DBZ did better all around. There's some good stuff out there and I wouldn't trust AnimeGAF to find it for you because they get pretentious as fuck.

DBZ was crazy accessible. That charm you speak of exist, I can't explain it, but it's one of those animes that people who don't like anime watch. It was also a fun series more than anything. That said Samurai Champloo and Gurren Lagann are still probably my favorite.

jWILL253

Banned
I never understand why people attack a celebrity that hasn't really done anything to piss people off.

I mean, people like Justin Beiber, Chris Brown, etc, I can understand. But Beyoncé? What exactly has she done to deserve that kind of wrath?

Also, my spider senses tell me that there are some racist undertones coming from the people that legitimately think that White woman (who, to be fair, is attractive) is miles and away objectively better looking than Beyoncé...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I never understand why people attack a celebrity that hasn't really done anything to piss people off.

I mean, people like Justin Beiber, Chris Brown, etc, I can understand. But Beyoncé? What exactly has she done to deserve that kind of wrath?

Also, my spider senses tell me that there are some racist undertones coming from the people that legitimately think that White woman (who, to be fair, is attractive) is miles and away objectively better looking than Beyoncé...

That always catches me too. I don't even particularly like Beyonce. She doesn't do much for me either (neither does Minaj or Rihanna) but will I fight and die on a sword saying that those women are in no way attractive? lol no

royalan

Pretty much.

I harbor a strong dislike for Beyonce, and even I find myself defending her in that thread. lol

DY_nasty

sooooo

my roommate just had shoulder surgery. his untrained dog is very untrained. its hilarious watching this 4 month old lab snatch dominance from him and his wife.

Alright fam, this Hunter X Hunter stuff is starting to become dope. It's a shame that the initial impression of this show/manga pretty much doesn't scream "pretty good battle shonen". On first glance it really looks like some Pokemon knock off/feel good/coming of age/summer fun type manga. This Kuparika vs Ovus fight was pretty dope.

Yea, pretty much how I see it, but I don't vocalize it. You know how GAF gets when the R word is thrown out without definitive proof to include, photos, written testimony, post history, DNA sample, and other things needed to prove something is racist on GAF…

As for that girl, she's cute; nice legs. However in context of that thread (and relative to Beyonce) I said she was okay.

1. Respect Audacity. You think it's trash now, but there are a lot of DAW's that can't do summer of the things that Audacity can.

2. If on Apple hardware, Logic Pro X & Pro Tools are the way to go, if you're going full on DAW. On the Windows side, Live & Reason should be fine.

If you're looking for a pure sequencer, though... just go with FL Studio.

That reminds me... Angelus, you said you dabbled with FL, but have you ever used Logic?

Never messed with Logic, I have messed with Pro Tools though.

jWILL253

Banned
Anyone know any good music/sound editing software I can use that isn't trash like Audacity?

1. Respect Audacity. You think it's trash now, but there are a lot of DAW's that can't do some of the things that Audacity can.

2. If on Apple hardware, Logic Pro X & Pro Tools are the way to go, if you're going full on DAW. On the Windows side, Live & Reason should be fine.

If you're looking for a pure sequencer, though... just go with FL Studio.

That reminds me... Angelus, you said you dabbled with FL, but have you ever used Logic?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

idk man

this just seems like some Beyonce worship to me, as someone who doesn't subscribe to the idea that Beyonce is objectively one of the most attractive woman on the planet.

Kreed

GT went to trash too

GT was trash to begin with. It had no source manga material/was just a way to keep cashing in on DBZ's popularity after the manga ended. Even most games for DBZ that come out, they are usually ignored/only added in when the game developers run out of DB and DBZ characters to add in.

I want to recommend "Until Death Do Us Part" to you guys, mainly for you guys to see the Black Unit (yes that is their name):

gDtdF.jpg

The only problem with this series is like Kenpachi from Bleach and Gutz from Berserk, the badass main character swordsman (blind, but with Daredevil like vision glasses) gets teamed up with an underage little girl sidekick in typical "Japanese writers have to fuck everything up with underage characters" fashion. But unlike the girls from those series, this girl's only purpose is to get kidnapped over and over and to make you question why someone hasn't called child protective services. There are strong, competent, "grown" women characters in this series though to at least counter this.

DY_nasty

I'm waiting for more classes to be added before I jump into FFXIV

Its a damned good game regardless. I'll probably end up running back to it this summer once I'm out of the military (for 2 months lol) on downtime between wedding crashing.

These Yorknew City battles in Hunter X Hunter doe! *wipes brow*

Its a damned good game regardless. I'll probably end up running back to it this summer once I'm out of the military (for 2 months lol) on downtime between wedding crashing.

Yea I enjoyed the beta, but none of the classes really grabbed me.

frr3.jpg

Man oh man. Mr. Montana, I’ve perused (read through with thoroughness and care) your #instagram profile description, pictures & posts… but despite my determined effort, I STILL don’t have a CLUE to one very simple question… “Who ARE you?”.. I mean other than reading that you’ve dated a Kardashian, and you seem to enjoy taking extraneous pictures with LEGITIMATE celebrities, I’m baffled (perplexed, confused) as to WHO you are & WHAT you actually DO? How do you contribute to society? What do you do to HELP those in need? What philanthropic works have you done? Are you on the board of any charitable organizations? Do you posses your own charitable organization? Do you own your name? How many of your followers are actually REAL followers and not computer generated? Oh.. And one other thing, if you are gonna post or repost things about other people (such as myself). FYI: Maybe you should put more effort into aligning yourself with people who can ASSIST you with building your brand for longevity, only THEN will you be prepared to (as your boy Martin would so clearly put it) “Stomp with the big dogs”. But either way, I’m pleased to know you are a true fan of the Martin show despite what criticisms you have. Your continued support is proof that for over 30 years, I have CONTRIBUTED something of VALUE on television to many people (including yourself) and many generations and hopefully more to come. Hit me up and maybe I can hook you into individuals who have “Serious Inquiries” regarding hiring you. I just need to know what exactly it is that you are SELLING, because unfortunately, I STILL don’t know. Keep your head up & GOD Bless! TICHINA … Oh! One more thing, if you know of anyone who has an auto immune disease such as #Lupus, go check out my 501c3 organization at www.wewinfoundation.org – Unfortunately thousands of women (and men) battle with this constant life threatening #autoimmune #disease everyday. It would be AMAZING if you made a donation instead of losing 40k in one on one basketball bets with your cohorts. Your positive & monetary support would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for your time.
God damn, slay him Pam.

Slayven

Man listening to the internet you would swear Edgar Wright swims in Oscars and his films post numbers that make Cameron cry.

Trey

Mega Sceptile and Swampert look fucking ridiculous. But the God forme ORAS legendaries make up for prior bullshit.

Man listening to the internet you would swear Edgar Wright swims in Oscars and his films post numbers that make Cameron cry.

You know what's funny? The TLG thread had people saying shit about it that would've had heads rolling regarding Wright's 8 year wait with Antman.

"There's no footage, what have they been doing?"
"They've had 5+ years and they haven't said anything, no shock it got cancelled."

Top Bottom