• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

ReiGun

I binged AoT and still walked away thinking it was just alright. It's funny that the first half is considered the slow part, cause that engaged me far more than the second half.

Shit would have been hilarious. Maybe, someday.

It still ain't coming doe, neither is FFXV at this point.

I still laugh when I think about Square's inability to get XV out the door after 8 years. What the hell is going on with that game?

Gorillaz

theres at least trailers for FFXV.

Heavy handed trailers of gameplay that seems to change each time.

That shit doesn't exist, friend.

edit: posted in the last guardian thread
tumblr_n6s5tcKqiO1qdlh1io1_250.gif

damn

Infinite

I binged AoT and still walked away thinking it was just alright. It's funny that the first half is considered the slow part, cause that engaged me far more than the second half.

The show is kinda "eh?" to me all together. glad people are hyped about something tho

ReiGun

I'm amazed people held onto The Last Guardian this long. I put that one in the shovelware category after it missed its third E3 with nothing to show.

FF15 gets a new trailer every now and then, sure, but when you consider that it started life back in 06 as an FF13 spinoff and had to be bumped up to mainline game to make people care again after 8 years of nothing, it doesn't look that much better.

Silky

Banned
I don't get the blind hype/enthusiasm for games that have been in development hell. there are very few games that pull off a 5+ year development cycle and come out being pretty okay/good. (bless Ubisoft, I Am Alive was actually /good/)

I was just about to call Homefront 2 quits, thank GOD they rebooted that, now it's on my radar again. Shit like The Last Guardian really needs to die.

Then again the consequences of a pub canceling a game are pretty severe, what with explaining/paying shareholders and dev costs after the fact, especially with a game as deep in development/ambitious as The Last Guardian

Spinluck

I can't breathe brehs.

This was the best one for me.

I mean, this damn image still captivates me.

ICfJ4Fb.jpg

It's like it represents the all hidden possibilities of gaming that is unrealized, unannounced, wholly original, laying in the shadows somewhere, chained up, and one day those chains will break, and whatever it is will blow our god damned minds again. Maybe I'm projecting all that pent up need for something on Shadow of the Colossus's level, maybe its been too long since something truly great came along and changed everything I thought was possible with gaming, but till then, I'm gonna keep the hope alive.

BELIEVE.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
black gaf loves to laugh and be extra cynical but TLG pain is real.
Like you need to stop gaming imo if that false news didn't make your heart skip for a second.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
people are going all out on the fakes now.

a psasb 2 gif of the title? i have to say im impressed

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I never played a single Team ICO game. I got the collection for ps3....it's still in the plastic wrap. :/

play it. the magic is real. Not gonna lie though the controls can be frustrating at times.

But yeah, as I said in the thread, if it was gonna be at E3 they probably would've just let the rumour rock and revealed it then, so there's gonna be alot more waiting...

yeah, unfortunately I can see this happening easily. I'm hoping for at least a blurry photo of a title screen in the meantime though.

black gaf loves to laugh and be extra cynical but TLG pain is real.
Like you need to stop gaming imo if that false news didn't make your heart skip for a second.

I woke up early (UK) and saw the thread at like page 6. Really thought it was gone b
UmopDNE.png

But yeah, as I said in the thread, if it was gonna be at E3 they probably would've just let the rumour rock and revealed it then, so there's gonna be alot more waiting...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wish my first experience with SOTC was the PS3 version. I like the game, a lot, but the framerate was the woat of any console game that I've played.

Had 3 hrs of sleep since Friday. Not sure if it's the lack of sleep or the fast food that has me feeling terrible.

I'm so glad I got over TLG years ago.
The boss battles are amazing in SotC, in creativity and scale, the controls pretty much make it not fun to actually play.

I keep hearing good things about it. I may crack it open in the next few months. A friend of mine told if I like God of War I'd like SotC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heavy handed trailers of gameplay that seems to change each time.

That shit doesn't exist, friend.

edit: posted in the last guardian thread
tumblr_n6s5tcKqiO1qdlh1io1_250.gif

damn

The New Japan Dojo treats new dudes rough

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Shit would have been hilarious. Maybe, someday.

It still ain't coming doe, neither is FFXV at this point.

At least FF15 is a game that still makes sense in today's market

If TLG is anything like the other Team Ico games it'll be a very short game with no replay value.

In an market where people want at least "15 hour" campaigns from single player games, and those games still have to add multiplayer just to keep people from selling the games back a week later, I can't imagine TLG being released as a full price box release. The industry is completely different from when the game was announced.

Even if it does live up to the 8 year hype(no game can), it's just an antiquated product at this point. It's like the Duke Nukem Forever for art students

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yo, you guys know of any anime that has that Dragonball Z type of intensity?

The anime I've been following AnimeGAF on is a bit light in the ass...

DBZ had a certain charm, but in the world of shonen... there's a LOT of shit that makes DBZ hype look like after school playground beef. Hajime no Ippo makes every fight feel like its the fight of the century. Gurren Lagann will have you calculating power levels ever 3 episodes. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece all do what DBZ did better all around. There's some good stuff out there and I wouldn't trust AnimeGAF to find it for you because they get pretentious as fuck.
I'll probably hop back on Dragon's Dogma after I finish Xillia.

I'm on my second playthrough right now. I haven't touched it since last year and its kicking my ass all over again on Hard. Forgot everything and going down Jude's path this time instead.

I saw that last guardian stuff when it blew up last night and the rebuttal right before I went to bed. The game of thrones gif was funny.

IGN may have forced a statement, but I wonder if that game is even going to be at E3.

zero_suit

DBZ had a certain charm, but in the world of shonen... there's a LOT of shit that makes DBZ hype look like after school playground beef. Hajime no Ippo makes every fight feel like its the fight of the century. Gurren Lagann will have you calculating power levels ever 3 episodes. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece all do what DBZ did better all around. There's some good stuff out there and I wouldn't trust AnimeGAF to find it for you because they get pretentious as fuck.

I'm on my second playthrough right now. I haven't touched it since last year and its kicking my ass all over again on Hard. Forgot everything and going down Jude's path this time instead.

They used to. Now, they're both trash.

Slayven

GT went to trash too

Witness the ultimate battle (Step into the Grand Tour)
Between the greatest of warriors (take a Grand Tour, Grand Tour)
In all the worlds.
Take a Grand Tour, Grand Tour (Time is running out!) GT!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (6 seconds, getting lower from the first half and lower the second half of the second half)
Step into the Grand Tour (GRAND TOUR, GRAND TOUR!!!)
Step into the Grand Tour (DRAGONBALL GT!!!)
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (6 seconds, getting lower from the first half and lower the second half of the second half)
One, two, three.
For many a year the Dragonballs have always been there and now,
The righteous, the innocent and the just must now depend,
On themselves to defend mother earth from the rebirth of the ultimate end.
Now the tournament is over the closer the greed creeps,
For every good that's done further can evil seeps.
Inside the very spirit that makes the good compete.
Get the just to prevail, the righteous CAN'T FAIL!
(Black-star Shenron speaking normally) Your wish has been granted.
Step into the Grand Tour (GRAND TOUR, GRAND TOUR,DRAGONBALL GT!!!)
Step into the Grand Tour,
A brand new adventure begins,
Another challenge for Goku and his friends.
Now, he's a Saiyan, strong.
Pilaf makes him a child again.
The Dragonballs are turnin', burnin' to end the world and everything within.
The ultimate battle between good and evil, who's gonna win?
When the sand clock dictates the consequence,
Will our heroes have the strength to be our LAST LINE OF DEFENSE??!!
(Goku yelling) KamehameHA!
Lets override the powers that seek to destroy,
Steal the innocence of our worldly joy with their evil schemes.
Hungry for the destruction that the evil brings.
The power to provoke, the hope to lose sight of the greater good,
Then allow the race to catch ablaze like sandalwood.

Witness the ultimate battle (Step into the Grand Tour)
Between the greatest of warriors (take a Grand Tour, Grand Tour)
In all the worlds.
Take a Grand Tour, Grand Tour (Time is running out!) GT!
One, two, three.
For many a year the Dragonballs have always been there and now,
The righteous, the innocent and the just must now depend,
On themselves to defend mother earth from the rebirth of the ultimate end.
Now the tournament is over the closer the greed creeps,
For every good that's done further can evil seeps.
Inside the very spirit that makes the good compete.
Get the just to prevail, the righteous CAN'T FAIL!
(Black-star Shenron speaking normally) Your wish has been granted.
Step into the Grand Tour,
A brand new adventure begins,
Another challenge for Goku and his friends.
Now, he's a Saiyan, strong.
Pilaf makes him a child again.
The Dragonballs are turnin', burnin' to end the world and everything within.
The ultimate battle between good and evil, who's gonna win?
When the sand clock dictates the consequence,
Will our heroes have the strength to be our LAST LINE OF DEFENSE??!!
(Goku yelling) KamehameHA!
Lets override the powers that seek to destroy,
Steal the innocence of our worldly joy with their evil schemes.
Hungry for the destruction that the evil brings.
The power to provoke, the hope to lose sight of the greater good,
Then allow the race to catch ablaze like sandalwood.

iqUNtBZfFRofS.gif

Top Bottom