• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Ultimate Alliance > MvC

give me my beat em ups back

Once again I have to agree with you. Not a fan of Ultimate Alliance 2 but 1 is that jam, even with the broken ass DLC characters. Thats the type of game we need again.

But I love some Marvel period. I aint gonna lie I am a fucking fanboy.

FyreWulff

I'm personally not bothering getting a degree at the moment. It's a pointless debt for me to put myself into. There's also an aspect of the gaming industry still being wild-west enough that you can get away with it, though.

In 20 or so years, the gaming degrees and schools will have matured to the point people will expect them. As it is, the obsession with hiring only people that have shipped games makes it easier to just self teach and get a game out than spend thousands of dollars on a degree, when a 10$ beer and the right person is just as likely to get you a job in it's current state.

I'm not putting down people that have gotten degrees, but if you're going to get one, get it early. Getting one now would set me back.

Capcom hasnt done too bad of a job with the marvel license. And I know way back when Disney and Capcom were besties. SO maybe they can bring back that magic. But who knows.

I just dont want any bullshit like Xmen Destiny.

I'm not in the gaming industry but it seems to me that you could probably get a degree outside of it even in the future considering there is a consistent need for artists, graphic designers, sound engineers, screenplay writers, PR, communications etc.

FyreWulff

I'm not in the gaming industry but it seems to me that you could probably get a degree outside of it even in the future considering there is a consistent need for artists, graphic designers, sound engineers, screenplay writers, PR, communications etc.

This is the best course of action. The more flexible the degree / more industries that degree exists in, the more useful it will be.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Capcom hasnt done too bad of a job with the marvel license. And I know way back when Disney and Capcom were besties. SO maybe they can bring back that magic. But who knows.

I just dont want any bullshit like Xmen Destiny.

i bought that shit day 1

FreeMufasa

YW0CHgo.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Coming in late on this one, but here's the advice I've given my (not quite 13) oldest son:
Your mileage will vary with any "gaming" degree. A solid background in computer sciences will go a lot further. Cut his teeth on an introductory gaming ecosystem like Gamemaker and walk through as many tutorials as he can. Play around with the variables in those tutorials, make mistakes, break things, track down the bugs and fix them. I learned more at an early age from typing in umpteen lines of Basic and machine language code from old Compute!, Ahoy and Compute!s Gazette magazines than I ever could have planned for.

Play board games. Lots of board games. Try to break them down, figure out why some take longer than others, why some bring people together (Zombies!) and others pull teammates apart (Risk). Same goes for D&D, a good DM can teach a lot about competent scenario building, and a shitty DM can teach even more if you're paying attention.

Get a CompSci degree above all else. Even if he doesn't use it much going forward, it will help a lot when engaging in cross-discipline communication with coders, and that makes all the difference. I'm self-taught, but I want to go back when I have time and get that degree under my belt as well...

Thank you.

BHZ Mayor

so how bout dat new SF4 character

much better than Linn Kurosawa tho amirite

I already knew that "only 4 people on the entire internet guessed it" was some bullshit. There was a whole thread on here that called that Decapre was going to be the fifth character on the reasoning that it's the laziest possible choice (considering that all they have to do is change Cammy's textures), and guess what? They were right.

I really wanted Santamu to be the 5th character, but oh well. I understand why it seems Capcom is taking the lazy/troll lane but it's frankly because they don't have the biggest budget for Street Fighter right now especially after putting so much money into a game that bombed (Street fighter X Tekken). I was honestly surprised they didn't take the Kickstarter route with any of the production for USF4. I think Capcom is really doing the best that they could with the money they have for the project and they're also putting money into the FGC finally and sponsoring events. They're only selling this game for $15 if you already have the SSF4 or AE disc/download.

Now about Decapre.. I'll definitely be using her since I really liked Cammy and her design already. One thing that throws me off about Decapre's design is that they didn't keep the full face mask on, kinda looks weird. Hopefully one of her alt costumes will have her mask off.

Here's a picture of the character/doll I did want, for those who don't know who Santamu is

Would've really preferred her over Decapre but oh well.
sorry if the picture is really big, posting from my phone at work

RedSwirl

Actually several ancient cultures were well aware that younger mothers were more likely to die in childbirth but married them off anyway. Misogyny runs deep.

One of them being Sparta actually. While Athenian girls were married off and made to have children around 14, Spartan girls went through it at around age 19 instead.

Deprive

Ultimate Alliance 2 sucked :| Civil War instead of a game built around that UA1 ending
galactus

Also Capcom should have saved SxT for next gen. Same thing with Namco's TTT2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The soul of Marvel Ultimate Alliance vanished from the second one. It was a shame, I loved the first MUA. So many costumes! So much mindless fun!

I bought into the fixed hype and got Diablo 3 with the 2.0 patch for $20 over the weekend. It's pretty fun and already addicting even though I was lagging like crazy last night.

I also read an article this morning about Kelis dropping a new album and she has a cooking show. She was rolling through SXSW with a food truck handing out samples.

http://flavorwire.com/445773/kelis-comeback-rolls-through-sxsw-with-a-food-truck/

I didn't know she had a cooking background. It looked pretty good.

Kreed

Is sue black too. Thought they was bro and sis

That's my only issue with the casting because Sue is still white. Not because they can't be adoptive brother and sister (although both being black would have been nice), but because there's a 99.9% chance that Johnny will be the poor black child from the ghetto who was saved by Sue's rich white family.

Slayven

That's my only issue with the casting because Sue is still white. Not because they can't be adoptive brother and sister (although both being black would have been nice), but because there's a 99.9% chance that Johnny will be the poor black child from the ghetto who was saved by Sue's rich white family.

If Jordan breaks out in a cover of "Hard Knock life" I would see the movie two times a day for it's whole run.

Straight up he looks like a jackass.

He looks like a background character from Hammerman.

Looking like he just stepped off the set of a live action Hey Arnold.

Damn after earth bombed that fucking bad that he just put together whatever happened to be in the closet.

So him and willow do exchange clothes.

DAT Scientology. He trying to hit Jr. Theta level.

Damn after earth bombed that fucking bad that he just put together whatever happened to be in the closet.

These cartoon references are too on point lol

You warned us…#dead

But I get the feeling that Willow hasn't had anything like that in her closet since 4th grade.

Top Bottom