• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

i7fz3RlV3PXn3.gif

Don't, it's not worth it!

NthsXVT.gif

DominoKid

that KG gif will work in so many situations lol.

Great read, thanks. The key standout for me is the power of networking - I was lucky enough to have that drummed into my head by the producers at my first gaming gig. No matter how nervous you might be when first reaching out, it will come in handy when you want to step past the next wo/man for a plum assignment.

the networking thing is hard for me. it's hard to make connects when your job consists of talking through a phone all day. i'm hoping there's some sports industry events (tournaments, conventions, exhibitions, etc) in the next few months we participate in and i get to go to them.

either that or i land a PR job somehow.

because i'm definitely not looking at staying at my current job for long even if they do keep me past this season.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that Terry Richardson thread is some good shit

and by good I mean what the fuck am I reading

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm hearing the word right on FF13-3 to play that on easy to start with, right?

I did not like. when I played a few hours on normal. Maybe I was dumb though.

I would like to hear more about this.
Ha. When I was a bouncer on south beach years ago, my boss would go off this shit! He'd get plastered and tell tales of cloning factories. "Chickens" born with no feathers, beaks or feet..just this gelatinous, yet, semi sold goo. Obviously, the USDA/FDA required them to change their name to KFC.

After all, they couldn't keep the name Kentucky Fried Chicken. That'd just be..fowl.
I'm not sorry..lol.

Question especially for the game industry brothers here:

Would you have any advice for a 13 year old black boy who is interested in pursuing a degree in gaming and working for the game industry?

J10

Banned
Question especially for the game industry brothers here:

Would you have any advice for a 13 year old black boy who is interested in pursuing a degree in gaming and working for the game industry?

I'll parrot advice I've received elsewhere: Whatever disciplines he's interested in - programming, design, art, 3d modeling, animation, sound design, whatever - just learn everything you can about them. Practice creating playable things that showcase your creative strengths, create as much as you possibly can, and be prepared to show your best stuff off - game companies tend to care less about gaming degrees and more about ability, so you have to prove that you can actually make things that work because they will test you on that.

There's a thread here on indie game development with links to game development tools, some of which can be used free of charge: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491431 There's a free game creation tool coming out for XboxOne/360/Windows8 later this year called Project Spark which is geared towards easy visual design and learning coding logic for people who want to just get their feet wet, and it's currently beta testing right now and is open to the public.

Is the r&b game that stale that monicas are redoing soul for real candy rain? They remixed it with that 2chain im different beat but keep the lyrics

Where in fucks name did manners go? I mean shit is turning into borderline racism in this mother fucker. I'm out getting my girl some sweets and maybe because I'm running on 3 in 48 and a little sensitive but I'm two steps away from checking these jerky boys in this goddamn restaurant.

And now I know I'm subconsciously being an ass. I'm sitting in the only aisle blocking their path and making them go around me because of their prior rudeness.

I am an eloquent person and these fuckers are on the verge of breaking my calm. And then on top of that some old guy trying to make conversation with me.

So I was in KFC getting cookies.(I will take that L begrudgingly, my lady loves them) and you know when you pass by someone within a certain radius its common to say excuse me/pardon me etc. Well this motherfuckers have no goddamn manners. Kept invading my personal space. TWICE. Well I got that ass back. I sat in the middle of the aisle and when he tried to walk pass me, I stuck my motherfucking leg out in front of his girl, kids and his damn friend. And when he looked down at me I looked at him and mouthed the words "Say something". He for the rest of the time I was there walked all the fucking way around the restaurant. Thats when the old dude approached me about some conspiracy bullshit about KFC no longer using the word chicken in the ads and that the meat was from clones. I shit you not.

I am not responsible for this. But I should partake in the conversation to fuck with the notion.

My tag came from this.

akira28

I remember that hood rumor from...was it the 90s? Like Mistic drinks were owned by the KKK, and KFC changed their name because they started using genetically modified beakless and clawless creatures instead of chickens.

I'll parrot advice I've received elsewhere: Whatever disciplines he's interested in - programming, design, art, 3d modeling, animation, sound design, whatever - just learn everything you can about them. Practice creating playable things that showcase your creative strengths, create as much as you possibly can, and be prepared to show your best stuff off - game companies tend to care less about gaming degrees and more about ability, so you have to prove that you can actually make things that work because they will test you on that.

There's a thread here on indie game development with links to game development tools, some of which can be used free of charge: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491431 There's a free game creation tool coming out for XboxOne/360/Windows8 later this year called Project Spark which is geared towards easy visual design and learning coding logic for people who want to just get their feet wet, and it's currently beta testing right now and is open to the public.

Thank you for the advice.

KumaJG

Only way to argue with Onemic is over Skype. Monica too swoll to be having debates with in person.

Edit: Was confusing Onemic with Immortal. Some of Rio's MD must have gotten in the Ga water supply.

Onemic need some Patrice O'Neal in his life.

Only way to argue with Onemic is over Skype. Monica too swoll to be having debates with in person.

Edit: Was confusing Onemic with Immortal. Some of Rio's MD must have gotten in the Ga water supply.

Hey it causes diarrhea not memory loss. That other stuff is from my imported collection. Along with Fred Sanford's Ripple and Jesse Spanos Caffeine Pills.

Top Bottom