• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Most of Caps feats are pure nonsense. His power creep is Goku status.

It's like the Batman vs Superman thing. Deep down, everyone should know that Superman would destroy him: prep-time shenanigans aside. Same for Cap vs Hulk, Thor, Namor (this one is super wtf), etc...

He reps freedom though, so he gets a pass.

Most of Caps feats are pure nonsense. His power creep is Goku status.

It's like the Batman vs Superman thing. Deep down, everyone should know that Superman would destroy him: prep-time shenanigans aside. Same for Cap vs Hulk, Thor, Namor (this one is super wtf), etc...

He reps freedom though, so he gets a pass.

so much truth in this.

Slayven

Cap spent a good chunk of life taking L's for a living.

MC been wrecking fools since his teens.

And how many intergalactic wars have he won? Cap got 2, got board with those and now leading inter universal ones.

MC's armor can survive reentry, yet one of those little badger dudes can hit it and take out 1/4 of the shield?

I don't actually have a horse in this race but complaining about Captain America's power creep when comparing to Master Chief is being silly. Cap had a power creep because the character was created in 1941 and had to have his powerset grown to remain a relevant character in today's comic age. Every character back then had a lower power threshold, even Superman.

Master Chief, however, was written much more recently, with decades more Sci Fi AND Comic influences and thus created at a much higher "power" level right off the bat. Had Halo existed for 70+ some odd years, it's safe to assume he'd have been created much less powerful and himself had a power creep or a reboot or two by now.

I won't give a single goddamn about Halo 5 until them niggas show me they know how to make a fuckin' Halo game. I'm talking 90% approval rating from HaloGAF, and I aint talkin' dudes clearly in the tank for 343's trash like Tashi

Halo fans will forget all about how shitty Halo 4 is when Halo 5 is announced/shown off. Battered person syndrome like whoa.

And there in lies the problem.

Jesus Christ I feel like utter dogshit. My face is fucking red, eyes hurt and I'm up 3 hours earlier than normal. That Great America is the jam!!!

I won't give a single goddamn about Halo 5 until them niggas show me they know how to make a fuckin' Halo game. I'm talking 90% approval rating from HaloGAF, and I aint talkin' dudes clearly in the tank for 343's trash like Tashi

So basically as soon as they buy into the hype...like Halo 4. That rating will drop as the months go on.

And how many intergalactic wars have he won? Cap got 2, got board with those and now leading inter universal ones.

MC's armor can survive reentry, yet one of those little badger dudes can hit it and take out 1/4 of the shield?

He won 1, but he basically did it on his own.

I know you love your comics and all but looking at this objectively it ain't even close.

Trey

Halo fans will forget all about how shitty Halo 4 is when Halo 5 is announced/shown off. Battered person syndrome like whoa.

Nah. Halo fans stick to their guns. They side eyed Reach and straight up dropped Halo 4. 343 no longer has the benefit of the doubt. The fan base knows what it wants and will be really happy to get it but largely won't settle for less.

If Halo 5 brings people back then it was because it is a really good game.

And for however badly people dog Halo 4, it's still one of the better shooters released in the last few years. That says more about the genre than the Halo franchise, but so it is.

Slayven

So in a battle between 2 super soldiers, your going with the one who has less experience, less armor and less weapons.

Less experience how? Korvac placed Captain America in a pocket universe and dared him to lead a reblleon against him. Cap did, and Korvac kept rebooting every time trying to break Cap, he did this for the equivalent of thousands of years. Cap don't have the book learning but he learned it on his feet, busting heads.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So in a battle between 2 super soldiers, your going with the one who has less experience, less armor and less weapons.

I'm not sure I'd agree with less experience.

Also, Cap can take Iron Man, and we all know Iron Man would body Master Chief free.

Oldschoolgamer

Cortana is a copy of one of the smartest people in the series. Any lack of exp Chief may have is offset by his A.I.

I'm not sure I'd agree with less experience.

Also, Cap can take Iron Man, and we all know Iron Man would body Master Chief free.

How did that happen? I didn't finish Civil War.

Lemme guess, he decided to fight him hand to hand? smh.

Less experience how? Korvac placed Captain America in a pocket universe and dared him to lead a reblleon against him. Cap did, and Korvac kept rebooting every time trying to break Cap, he did this for the equivalent of thousands of years. Cap don't have the book learning but he learned it on his feet, busting heads.

Shit, CA just spent the last 10+ years living in another dimension fighting against a tyrant. He survived off skill living in the wild while raising a child.

Trey

Shit, CA just spent the last 10+ years living in another dimension fighting against a tyrant. He survived off skill living in the wild while raising a child.

Chief spent twenty straight years fighting against a superiorly-teched opponent across the entire galaxy. Then fought a week straight with no sleep against said opponent, robots created by the old gods, and a super fungus created by the older gods; all under the context of each faction fighting over a "blow up all existence" button.

Chief spent twenty straight years fighting against a superiorly-teched opponent across the entire galaxy. Then fought a week straight with no sleep against said opponent, robots created by the old gods, and a super fungus created by the older gods; all under the context of each faction fighting over a "blow up all existence" button.

Cap took down the most badass and advanced Army in the Galaxy in like a month.

Oldschoolgamer

They managed to make a NG game worse than Ninja Gaiden 3.

I can't even...

Why do I even follow game series anymore? Most of mine are going to hell, went there already, or aren't being worked on. :/

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Yaiba got slaughtered in the reviews. Ground Zeroes length has reddit all up in a frenzy.

Just another day in the gaming industry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yaiba got slaughtered in the reviews. Ground Zeroes length has reddit all up in a frenzy.

Just another day in the gaming industry.

Did they find all that horrific sexual content in GZ?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is GZ supposed to have cheeks in it?

I just want to sneak around guilt free

Don't think so. I believe it's more for horrific sexual content, like TROUBLE.

I was about to say "people knew this going in" but 2 hours was overshooting it? Well damn. Depends on how fun those two or less hours are. Fuck judging games on their length, I love a lot of short-ass games.

Don't think so. I believe it's more for horrific sexual content, like TROUBLE.

I was about to say "people knew this going in" but 2 hours was overshooting it? Well damn. Depends on how fun those two or less hours are. Fuck judging games on their length, I love a lot of short-ass games.

Word. I've been keeping myself in relative blackout to enjoy it more.

I don't mind games being short, especially since I have a lot less gaming time now. I downloaded it last night and just watched the opening part, and I like the atmosphere so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, fuck that. Not even Capcom tried that shit with Dead Rising 2. It was priced lower.

Case Zero was awesome. Perfect price and got me hyped as hell for DR2. Great game. Case West was...I think $5 more? And people had already got their fill, so it didn't work.

Top Bottom