• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Man, I figured Yaiba would get slaughtered in the reviews, but deep down I think I wanted that game to do well.

I mean, I knew it wouldn't be as good as a classic NG game and was willing to just treat it as its own entity... I liked the art style and humor.

I'll try it out regardless. I'll wait for a BOMBA though, which seems very likely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I figured Yaiba would get slaughtered in the reviews, but deep down I think I wanted that game to do well.

I mean, I knew it wouldn't be as good as a classic NG game and was willing to just treat it as its own entity... I liked the art style and humor.

I'll try it out regardless. I'll wait for a BOMBA though, which seems very likely.

Give it a month and you can get it from Gamefly for $13

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I was about to say "people knew this going in" but 2 hours was overshooting it? Well damn. Depends on how fun those two or less hours are. Fuck judging games on their length, I love a lot of short-ass games.

Yeah. That hour count value proposition is the worst thing about current gen. More = better regardless of genre or content.

I mean yeah the game is about being open and having multiple approaches. Why does it make sense to measure content in such a linear way?(Run to the end. Skip cutscenes)

I bought Stick of Truth at full price and it was short, but it was genuinely enjoyable and I didn't feel like I wasted my money.

There are also plenty of games priced comparably or cheaper that were longer, but not as enjoyable or even same-week returns.

It's all relative

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Call it ass backwards or whatever you want. They tried to sell not even half of their full game for full price, at first. It's not my fault Konami sucks with releasing games and they need revenue.

I like short games too, but when their competitors are dropping identical situations at a lower price point, I can wait. This isn't even adding indies into the equation.

Yeah. That hour count value proposition is the worst thing about current gen. More = better regardless of genre or content.

I mean yeah the game is about being open and having multiple approaches. Why does it make sense to measure content in such a linear way?(Run to the end. Skip cutscenes)

because that's legit how some people actually play their games.

Nah. Halo fans stick to their guns. They side eyed Reach and straight up dropped Halo 4. 343 no longer has the benefit of the doubt. The fan base knows what it wants and will be really happy to get it but largely won't settle for less.

If Halo 5 brings people back then it was because it is a really good game.

And for however badly people dog Halo 4, it's still one of the better shooters released in the last few years. That says more about the genre than the Halo franchise, but so it is.

Problem is videogames are a front loaded business and while you might argue that Halo fans left Halo 4 quickly. The sad fact is that like a gaggle of sex deprived albino silverback apes; Halo fans snatched up Halo 4 upon launch like it was pussy in a can.

Gorillaz

I look at Ground Zero as a kickstarter for MGS 5.

Now the fact that they even need something like this, to help for making MGS 5 speaks more volume about their financials and the way Konami runs it's business, but I can understand why people are cool with buying it at "full price". Idk if my love for kojima runs that deep to buy at launch (dark souls 2 doe) but I don't see the problem is people are truly interested and fans of the series and are hungry for it.

just hope this isn't a trend tho....wouldn't be surprised if it becomes one

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hold on, are we really defending 30 bucks for a half hour game?

I know Metal Gear fans have long been weird enough to buy entirely unrelated products just to have a demo, but at least with ZoE you were actually getting a game for your money.

Also back in MY day demos were free, get off my lawn, etc.

Satch

Banned
30 for a 30 min game is too much, even with multiple ways to approach

gamers practically ask to get price gouged these days. its madness the things that people will defend lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm just sayin, if it takes less time to play your game than it takes to play the last mission of Metal Slug 3, you might wanna take the price down another couple notches.

Also, get FUCKING HYPE, INCREDIBLES 2 IS COMING

So I'm coming in late.....*one sec*

Man fuck that Metal Gear price. I don't give a damn how much I like the series, they jacking folks with those prices. Now if this was the street you know exactly how it would go down. That's like buying a record from your favorite artist, pay the deluxe price and getting 2 versions of the same song, when the box says otherwise.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand making a game that's straight to the point, or a condensed story but 30 dollars for a short ass experience. Really folk. Really.

That's like going to a "lady of the night" and getting close but no cigar and still paying like you went all the way.

And hell yeah for the Incredible 2. Hype.

So I'm coming in late.....*one sec*

Man fuck that Metal Gear price. I don't give a damn how much I like the series, they jacking folks with those prices. Now if this was the street you know exactly how it would go down. That's like buying a record from your favorite artist, pay the deluxe price and getting 2 versions of the same song, when the box says otherwise.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand making a game that's straight to the point, or a condensed story but 30 dollars for a short ass experience. Really folk. Really.

That's like going to a "lady of the night" and getting close but no cigar and still paying like you went all the way.

And hell yeah for the Incredible 2. Hype.

Lady of the night lol

Also, for no real reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2slwxpQRYQ

Most of Caps feats are pure nonsense. His power creep is Goku status.

It's like the Batman vs Superman thing. Deep down, everyone should know that Superman would destroy him: prep-time shenanigans aside. Same for Cap vs Hulk, Thor, Namor (this one is super wtf), etc...

He reps freedom though, so he gets a pass.

Cap is like Goku's spirit bomb, he gets stronger the more freedom we get!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
30 for a 30 min game is too much, even with multiple ways to approach

gamers practically ask to get price gouged these days. its madness the things that people will defend lol

I'm just sayin, if it takes less time to play your game than it takes to play the last mission of Metal Slug 3, you might wanna take the price down another couple notches.

Also, get FUCKING HYPE, INCREDIBLES 2 IS COMING

I'm sorry, but $30 (originally asking for $40 for PS4/One) for something where if I skip the cutscenes, I can complete before a frozen pizza finishes baking, let alone a couple hours with cutscenes, is unacceptable.

Oh damn this nonsense is here too.

Measuring entertainment by such rigid metrics is bound to make you unhappy.

Like damn do you count the pages of a book before you buy it too? Or look at the length of a movie before you buy a ticket?

Or do you just read and watch what interests you?

J10

Banned

Like damn do you count the pages of a book before you buy it too? Or look at the length of a movie before you buy a ticket?

It's reasonable that people would expect both a certain quantity and a certain quality from a product if they're being asked to part with their money. It's not one or the other.

BHZ Mayor

This argument doesn't fly with me because books and movies typically don't cost as much as games, nor do they have a precedent for charging half-price for a 20 page book or a 10 minute movie.

Oldschoolgamer

It's not all nonsense. Yes, at the end of the day, entertainment value is consumer defined. Hell, value itself is. People see the value in 300 shoes and others don't. I've spent ridiculous sums of money are parties and people thought I was wildin. That's fair to them.

Why is it such a jump to believe that people wouldn't be cool with the price, when during PS2 era, it would have been free or packaged with a FULL game? This same gen, other companies have done the same, for less.

Same shit with Titanfall. People are really shocked that some people are mad that the game lacks STANDARD features (not even talking SP) in comparison to other AAA titles and aren't biting on the price?

The better comparison would be, are you okay with buying a movie with One scene and some bonus shit, at full price, with the promise of the rest of the film later? Might be the greatest scene ever, but I'm not buying the 30 dollar version of it. I'll wait for the rest. *shrugs*

It's not even just Konami. I got to start with Atari and I'm fucking disgusted seeing how much the industry regressed and how we praise it for adding shit that was standard, ten fucking years ago.

BHZ Mayor

It's not even just Konami. I got to start with Atari and I'm fucking disgusted seeing how much the industry regressed and how we praise it for adding shit that was standard, ten fucking years ago.

Don't forget this is the same industry where Sony received heaps of praise for their console being the same as it's always been, now with an added multiplayer paywall.

Slayven

I think i got a respiratory infection. If I die, make sure JC knows what an L the Wii U is, correct people when they say Static Shock instead of Static, and make sure Devo goes on without me.

so you would drop $11.95 on an amazing 1/2 page hardcover short story?

Don't forget this is the same industry where Sony received heaps of praise for their console being the same as it's always been, now with an added multiplayer paywall.

E3:

"We promise not to fuck you in the ass about used games"
"OMG BASED SONY THEY GET IT THEY'RE NOT FUCKIN' US IN THE ASS KAZ GIFS INCOMING"

is this one of those douche vs turd sandwich choices we suppose to be happy about

like it really came down to niggas getting hyped about being able to play used games for $400 dollars, plus whatever online paywall they brought in. Woot

Oldschoolgamer

I know right.

I think i got a respiratory infection. If I die, make sure JC knows what an L the Wii U is, correct people when they say Static Shock instead of Static, and make sure Devo goes on without me.

Black people don't ever want to go to the doctor. smh

BlackJace

It took THIS fucking long for the Incredibles 2?

Ah I shouldn't be mad, but daaaaamn, one of the best things Pixar's put out, and it gets ignored because CARS 2 and PLANES.

I was under the impression The Incredibles 2 has taken so long because Pixar wouldn't do it without Brad Bird at the helm and he wanted to wait and make sure he had a good enough premise/story.

Top Bottom