• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
plus benefits, I don't knock a hustle. But be honest about yourself.

Yeah, depends where you end up as CM. If you are at a big pub, then you'll be doing some element of Digital Marketing and probably a bit of PR, as well as being a CM.

I know one dude who is a Global CM, he manages like 6 games at any one time.

Slayven

Yeah, depends where you end up as CM. If you are at a big pub, then you'll be doing some element of Digital Marketing and probably a bit of PR, as well as being a CM.

I know one dude who is a Global CM, he manages like 6 games at any one time.

Did they come in from reviewing games or from other areas?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Did they come in from reviewing games or from other areas?

Its a mix. A few got hired directly from the communities they now manage. One or two got marketing degrees and are progressing through CM to digital marketing gigs. The rest are ex journos/ the odd youtuber who works for Respawn now.

Slayven

No offense to your industry but that sounds like a lot of nepotism and very little people who know wtf they're doing getting jobs.

It's weird, cause I seen a lot of people that spent money and energy shitting on a developer/game, only to get hired by them. I am talking about you Blizzard.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
No offense to your industry but that sounds like a lot of nepotism and very little people who know wtf they're doing getting jobs.

No offense taken. And you are partly right. That being said, lack of experience/ knowledge shows up very quickly. Those who go on to senior positions usually know their shit. Community positions (amongst others) are visible as fuck. You mess up, you get dropped (easily expendable)

Trey

300 sucked, with only two caveats saving it from utter damnation.

Ultimately, I'm upset I chopped out for that film.

FyreWulff

I guess "industry insider" is a new career path now huh?

More fun for some people to get the attention and make statements in threads. They're not concerned about getting the information out, they just want everyone to hang on their every word.

At least cboots has an interesting gimmick to get himself over with.

The people who have a lot of time to expend as a critical voice about a game probably don't have much else going on. I say this as someone who did the same in college btw. Easy to play a lot and piss/moan on forums when you don't have a lot of work to do.

J10

Banned
I guess so, cutting off the head of the snake. So to speak.

When I pointed that out in relation to 343 Industries hiring community members post Halo 4 they said I was off base and cynical.

Then 343 released DLC with more CoDisms and rocky piss filtered maps.

Slayven

More fun for some people to get the attention and make statements in threads. They're not concerned about getting the information out, they just want everyone to hang on their every word.

At least cboots has an interesting gimmick to get himself over with.
That shit is too dangerous to me. Being an internet hero ain't going to feed you if they find out and sue your ass into the Home For Infinite Losers.

The people who have a lot of time to expend as a critical voice about a game probably don't have much else going on. I say this as someone who did the same in college btw. Easy to play a lot and piss/moan on forums when you don't have a lot of work to do.
That is always sad to me. It is one thing to excited about something and maybe getting a little into it. I mean as long as it is making you happy and you ain't hurting no body, do you. But those nuts that sit waiting to piss on something I will never understand. Why devote so much of yourself into somethign pains you so much?

When I pointed that out in relation to 343 Industries hiring community members post Halo 4 they said I was off base and cynical.

Then 343 released DLC with more CoDisms and rocky piss filtered maps.
Blizzard did the same thing and WoW started sucking. Just because they are the loudest doesn't make them right.

That is always sad to me. It is one thing to excited about something and maybe getting a little into it. I mean as long as it is making you happy and you ain't hurting no body, do you. But those nuts that sit waiting to piss on something I will never understand. Why devote so much of yourself into somethign pains you so much?

Couldn't answer at this point. Mostly just depressed these days that Halo 4 went the way it did, on top of such an excellent core game too. You know how many one shot kills exist in that game?

There's railgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, shotgun, spartan laser, sticky detonator, binary rifle, scattershot, incineration cannon, boltshot, beam rifle, and fuel rod cannon.

It's just a mess. A clusterfuck mess. There's no chess. CoD run out and get blained nonsense.

Trey

Couldn't answer at this point. Mostly just depressed these days that Halo 4 went the way it did, on top of such an excellent core game too. You know how many one shot kills exist in that game?

There's railgun, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, shotgun, spartan laser, sticky detonator, binary rifle, scattershot, incineration cannon, boltshot, beam rifle, and fuel rod cannon.

It's just a mess. A clusterfuck mess. There's no chess. CoD run out and get blained nonsense.

I'm not bothered given how easy it would be to just give people old Halo back. You can have Infinity Slayer or whatever, just give people options.

http://youtu.be/KiB7ny52-xw

I cannot stop laughing at this dude's face

idmb48eauEe9b.gif

(not my gif)

I don't venture into those sales figures threads on gaming side, but I would imagine this gif will be the standard for whatever happens.

Slayven

Played every halo except for ODST and wars, Halo 4 jsut did not interest me. Especially when I saw this. Why is he wearing a cloak?

tehhaloz.jpg

J10

Banned
Infinity Slayer giving me frags on big team maps full of vehicles was like "lol wut."

Big maps, let players spawn with active camo, ordnance priority for faster weapon drops, and ordnance re-roll in case you don't like what you get. What could possibly go wrong?

Invisible snipers everywhere.

Professionals made that game.

Big maps, let players spawn with active camo, ordnance priority for faster weapon drops, and ordnance re-roll in case you like what you get. What could possibly go wrong?

Invisible snipers everywhere.

Professionals made that game.

Invisible snipers, invisible rockets, invisible shotties.

Rock paper scissors if they haven't already got the one up on you.

OS everywhere too.

Trey

Doesn't want to be seen.

Put camo on every loadout.

Where's his?

Hey. Chief never got camo in the campaign. The other Spartans get the new new shit.

Reminds me of Halo 2 when they tried to explain in game why the AI allies could cloak forever but the Arbiter couldn't. Fuck outta here.

Arbiter and MC supposed to be da best, on that gimped shit. Anyone ever play WoW pre-WotLK? It's like how Thrall was the baddest mofo on Horde but in fucking scrub ass gear before they updated his model.

Only in your drunken fever dream. Cap already took the L in the off topic thread.

Steve beat Kang. Spartan Armor is Ironman armor plus nothing. No flight, no repulser no nothing. Against Steve "I lead gods" Rodgers. MC is still a super soldier in a powered suit against Steve. I'm biased but this is no contest.

And I'm officially fucked up. Thank god for auticorrect.

I swear that m just typing and letting my phone do the work. If comes out like it comes our in happy. But every time I ßtand its a gogamn stighle. My cars lookin at me finny.

Kreed

Charlamange outed himself as a damn TOM on a past episode of The Read that he was on a while back. he was saying all kinds of shit about how black people need to start to ignore race and how hes colorblind and all other kinds of trash. you know, the same shit you hear on GAF in literally every race thread.

lily white justin bieber of canada gets caught up with the law, and Mange wants to try to pass the buck on "niggers," like niggerdom is some kind of cold that you catch only from the "nigger" race. he even said that niggers are different from any old other black people! quoting that chris rock joke! aint that some shit! and now we got one more black man for white folks to prop up as their anecdote! and he aint even joking this time! hes serious! aint that some MORE shit!

kick rocks with no shoes on, you damn clown.

I think you're taking Charlamagne act too serious (or you should take the clown part of your comment more seriously). It's like taking Gary Williams serious when he plays Uncle Ruckus on the Boondocks. Charlamagne is rarely out of character and is trying to build his brand on other shows, and that brand is being a troll to celebrities and being an Uncle Tom. For example, he regularly does a skit where he pretends to be a white supremacist caller on his radio show to talk to himself and the other hosts about black issues they were discussing before the fake call.

The issue with his act is that he doesn't realize he needs a "straight man/woman" (Angela Yee/Envy on his radio show) to make this act work well off the show. Because on the show they play his comments off/challenge him, similar to Huey/Granddad on the Boondocks with Uncle Ruckus.

I do agree that he could eventually be used as a prop for more anti black nonsense, but I doubt Charlamagne will ever get to Chris Rock level unless he leaves radio, and that act won't work in other mediums.

Top Bottom