• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Gorillaz

The most recent viral worldstar fight video (yeah, I know) and a segment of #blacktwitter's reaction got me kinda upset. People really have no chill.
WSHH is killing the black community
We should be ashamed of ourselves..

nah for real tho which vid is it there are a few on the front page

Infinite

Not that I wanna post bodybuilders booties but enormous glutes muscles don't really look like that. Also as a byproduct she'd have to have huge legs too, can't just get the glutes to pop on their own.
I made that post in jest. I don't think squats would do that to a booty either. But hey either way...

I wrote this in another thread, but:

I still don't see VR headsets catching on for multiple reasons.

First of all, it's a peripheral, and like all peripherals, it's doomed to subpar software support since it doesn't make sense to develop for a subset (those who own the peripheral) of a subset (those who own the platform in question).

Second of all, the price of entry is too steep. You have to have a Playstation 4. You have to have a Playstation Camera. And you have to have the VR peripheral itself, which is likely to be expensive in its own right.

And lastly, it's basically impossible to market/advertise. Unlike something like Kinect, you can't really convey the experience outside of actually experiencing it. It's basically limited to hands on impressions and word of mouth, which can definitely be a powerful form of advertisement, but not enough to carve out a legitimate market share.

Having said that, the idea of VR is awesome, and I really hope it catches on despite not being hopeful. My only reserve is the fact that I sometimes get motion sickness from games, especially first person shooters, so I'm a bit worried that the tech will wreck my body :(

I agree, videogame history is littered with failed peripherals.

This just seems like a beginning though. Maybe next-gen it becomes a standard part of the package like MS did with the kinect, the faith MS had in kinect will look pretty funny in retrospect.

Gorillaz

they are blowing up his IG too, one dude doing way too much

elevateddreams_
she'll never look at you the same,.

elevateddreams_
at least you at one with the universe... nigga shoulda went in the convenience store and purchased a mat and some beads..

elevateddreams_
did you meditate afterwards?

elevateddreams_
that nigga had you looking like a dexter victim..

elevateddreams_
you just got kicked out of wrestlemania by submission..

elevateddreams_
you shoulda asked the nigga holding the camera to put you in the walls of jericho just to wake up ya legs..

edit: yea he might need to go into hiding for a bit dude has a big ass L for this

Why does ground zeroes have fewer places to hide than MGS 2? Big ass open map with a bunch of chest high walls, nothing to crawl under, locked door after locker door, no lockers, no where to place bodies and no vents to explore. What is this shit!?!

How is this humanly possible?
My ass isn't remotely that big, but even then, I had a lady come up to me and ask where I had my implants done. (It took me a while to understand what she was getting at.) That was thankfully an embarrassing one-off. I mean, if mine is suspicious, then Nicki's is a no-brainer.

I agree, videogame history is littered with failed peripherals.

This just seems like a beginning though. Maybe next-gen it becomes a standard part of the package like MS did with the kinect, the faith MS had in kinect will look pretty funny in retrospect.

Doesn't it require a camera?

Kinect + VR > PS eye + VR

Doesn't it require a camera?

Kinect + VR > PS eye + VR

I keep hearing kinect latency is too high for VR pairing to work well but I don't know shit about that. VR for this gen is probably a lost cause for either company barring some crazy development.

edit: VR hype seems to be increasing pretty heavy here tho.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
bHkuxO7.jpg

How is this humanly possible?

I'd say the photo was doctored but I don't understand why people would alter their pictures to look like that.

Girl looks like she turning into a centaur or some shit

Slayven

VR systems seem like they would introduce some liability issues that don't really exist with the Wii, Move, or Kinect. Occulus Rift is essentially a sensory deprivation device. Enough time passes and people will be impaling themselves on coffee tables and falling out of windows.

yeah, that is why i can't see myself buying one. putting my head ina cage freaks me out

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, that is why i can't see myself buying one. putting my head ina cage freaks me out

That's been the only concern of mine. If I put this on, and I experience it the way I'm meant to experience it, I won't hear or see someone kicking in my door. I'm so goddamn vulnerable.

Guys let's get on this. VR Security System. You game in a steel box, impregnable in the real world. That'll be fun right?

Why does ground zeroes have fewer places to hide than MGS 2? Big ass open map with a bunch of chest high walls, nothing to crawl under, locked door after locker door, no lockers, no where to place bodies and no vents to explore. What is this shit!?!

There's definitely less places to hide than usual, but I think this time you're supposed to feel exposed. There are a few choice spots to shoot tranqs from though, and you have to deal with the spotlight operators.

I put my bodies in the ocean, mang

Slayven

That's been the only concern of mine. If I put this on, and I experience it the way I'm meant to experience it, I won't hear or see someone kicking in my door. I'm so goddamn vulnerable.

Guys let's get on this. VR Security System. You game in a steel box, impregnable in the real world. That'll be fun right?

Or you take it off and someone has clean out your house.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
QOTD: How much do y'all care about game framerate?

Honestly a lot. 60fps feels so goddamn good and responsive, but it depends on what kind of game it is. I don't need 60 in Dark Souls 2, but I need it in Titanfall or MGS GZ. I'm ok with a locked 30 but I would always prefer 60. Framerate dips are a real bummer, so it's GOTTA be locked if you pick one.

To think, once upon a time I depended on framerate drops. Never coulda beaten Life Force on NES without it.

BHZ Mayor

QOTD: How much do y'all care about game framerate? Specifically the 30 vs 60 debate.

Other than games that depend on fast reflexes like fighters or racers(console Sonic Generations would have been better with 60 as well), then not much as long as it's stable. I'm not gonna sit around and claim a game is unplayable just because it's 30 rather than 60.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
QOTD: How much do y'all care about game framerate? Specifically the 30 vs 60 debate.

The only game that ive been turned off of because of 30 fps is ridge racer for the 3ds. After playing the psp versions, I can't go back to that.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I'm sure this is no secret but.....

The majority of average gamers (whatever that means nowadays) can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps. The ones that can, or are sensitive to it usually don't care enough to base purchase decisions on that aspect.

I've always felt that locked framerate is preferable to higher framerate with (noticeable) dips. I also feel like the fierce debate really only matters for genres like fighting games for instance.

In a lot of cases in the industry, the desire to run at 60fps is an attractive proposition. Then reality sets in.

FreeMufasa

Busted out the DC again. Playing PSO solo. Thinking about getting a Saturn soon since I never played any of the games.

I got FFXIII-2 a few weeks back and that game made me vex. No idea what the hell is going on story wise. Gameplay still dope tho. Graphics too

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Busted out the DC again. Playing PSO solo. Thinking about getting a Saturn soon since I never played any of the games.

I got FFXIII-2 a few weeks back and that game made me vex. No idea what the hell is going on story wise. Gameplay still dope tho. Graphics too

If my Saturn still worked, I'd bust out Daytona and fighters megamix

Top Bottom