• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

Imm0rt4l

No. You can at least tell us if you feel its worth it. Me personally I'm not.

Not worth it imo. But fwiw, I haven't played the bonus missions....because who gives a fuck about a bonus mission. I'll say it's fun though, and having a big open map is great for mgs. I think it will have a bit of replayability, a lot more than say the tanker chapter of mgs2. Maybe after I play some more I might feel differently, but I doubt it.

But charging for multiplayer and people not only take it, but blame MS for Sony choosing to add the paywall is ridiculous.

After a generation of most people harping on parity despite it being free, you have to blame the consumers in the first instance.

Honestly PSN's multi options were kind of shit. MS would have taken less crap for paying for Live if it continually improved on the options like party chat and such. And if those fuckers would have put their biggest selling game Halo on some god damn dedis.

FyreWulff

Honestly PSN's multi options were kind of shit. MS would have taken less crap for paying for Live if it continually improved on the options like party chat and such. And if those fuckers would have put their biggest selling game Halo on some god damn dedis.

Before I liked paying for Live because there were no cheaters and they were banned quickly. Later on in the OXbox and for most of the 360 run, MS pretty much let modders run rampant.

And yeah, it would have been much more worth it if you actually got something for the sub, like dedis, file space to store game data on, and if they had actual GMs on games who's entire purpose was to catch people being fuckwads in chat/in game and ban them.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Since when were games not 8-10 hours in the ps2 era? The major titles from the major players sure as hell were.

Plenty were longer. Plenty were shorter.

Games like Z.O.E 1 and 2, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Viewtiful Joe. All full price games at launch from "major players". All games you can beat in one sitting.

Then there was the NES era where people would pay 60-70 bucks for a cart of Contra, a game they probably couldn't even finish the first level of. Why? because it was a good game. Hour counts and shit weren't apart of people's vocabulary. People judged games by how fun they were to play

Vs today. Where people don't think a game they were otherwise interested in is worth paying 20 dollars to get without even leaving your house because some guy on the internet just said he beat it in 30 minutes while ignoring the bulk of the content

Like it's just crazy to me how disposable entertainment has become to people to the point that it almost has no value to them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Sorry, dude. You're never going to get me to think it is a failing of modern society that people aren't hyped for paying 30 bucks for a piece of a game.

Gorillaz

They get credit for their indie courtship and pulling a fast one with the RAM. The design of their console is really good by most accounts, so kudos.

But charging for multiplayer and people not only take it, but blame MS for Sony choosing to add the paywall is ridiculous.

Consumers helped set that precedent. We're enablers.

It's interesting...the question I ask myself is if Sony didn't fuck it all up this past gen, and went in as the leader again with it's piss poor setup from the start but still free...where would we be right now?

Would it have resulted in another free generation? or a bigger backlash from the media because the leader is making you pay for it?

I always wonder how this gen would have went down if it went the other direction

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"Plenty were longer. Plenty were shorter."

That's such a copout. You know damn well that most of their main titles were sitting right on that mark. :/ If the main game wasn't, then they had a bunch of extras to offset the shortness (now it's dlc).

Who cares if they "can be" beaten in one sitting? I beat MGS 3 in one sitting, because I didn't have school. It wasn't a 2 hr game. I could beat RE 4 in less than 5, aka...one sitting. That doesn't mean that on my first play through it didn't take me 18. Hell, none of the games you listed are going to take the average gamer 2 hrs on their first play through unless they have a guide on hand. What are you even qualifying as one sitting?

Again, I bring up Case Zero. The exact same situation as this.

Besides, now you can watch people cruise through it on youtube.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, dude. You're never going to get me to think it is a failing of modern society that people aren't hyped for paying 30 bucks for a piece of a game.

I have absolutely 0% interest in doing anything of the sort.

You keep doing you and counting pages. I'll keep doing me and just playing/reading/watching what I want when I want.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate to be able to consume entertainment without having to sweat the difference of like 10-20 dollars towards something I enjoy

Not that I ever play any of the PS+ games I get but I implicitly feel that the service is worth paying for. Must be the Steam game Pokemon factor at work.

The GZ length debacle, if you're a big enough fan to buy it day one then do it. If you aren't but you still want it, wait for a price drop. If your still an MGS fan but you can't see yourself paying $20 or whatever it drops to for a taste then borrow it or cop it second hand.

I don't fault its existence, is up to people to evaluate it's worth. If it does terribly Konami will know better next time.

I guess I should consider myself fortunate to be able to consume entertainment without having to sweat the difference of like 10-20 dollars towards something I enjoy

This is a good point. Really, GZ is the price of going to the theatre a couple times and grabbing a drink. There's a fucked up value scale when it comes to games as if time spent gaming is inherently less valuable than time otherwise spent doing another activity. For a person that really likes MGS, a couple hours might be worth a lot.

I have absolutely 0% interest in doing anything of the sort.

You keep doing you and counting pages. I'll keep doing me and just playing/reading/watching what I want when I want.

Monica, you think you better than us? Flashing your chain round might get it snatched.

Spin takes another L

DSC_0055.jpg

You was hyping this mess!

If I don't end up enjoying GZ I will salt the crow myself, but I've spent more on games that were hyped up significantly to end up not feeling them at all.

I do however think other pubs will be discouraged from similar sales tactics by the vocal backlash against this.

Gorillaz

Spin takes another L

DSC_0055.jpg

You was hyping this mess!
spindashingavatar.jpg

scust

Hopefully not. The games been in production for a long time and im sure konami is desparate to make some ends since the game is taking longer than originally projected.

Yea they been kind of deseperate for awhile now. MGS on the console front is there bread and butter. I remember Kojima mentioning
well he always says it after each Metal Gear now that I think of it
that he wants a break from the series. I wonder if this will be the last one from him while he trains a team to take it from there.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yea they been kind of deseperate for awhile now. MGS on the console front is there bread and butter. I remember Kojima mentioning
well he always says it after each Metal Gear now that I think of it
that he wants a break from the series. I wonder if this will be the last one from him while he trains a team to take it from there.

I'm pretty sure the main reason Kojima is making MGS5 was to get Konami to sink the resources into his studio to develop the Fox Engine. They need a big game to justify the big cost.

Hopefully after that his team will be able to do more experimental titles on the engine. but who knows. Last time they tried to make something too different they had to cancel the game.(original Rising)

Gorillaz

yea that shit looks like it could have been a boss in dark souls 2

actually I would take that demon burger over some of the boss designs in the game so far.

BlackJace

yea that shit looks like it could have been a boss in dark souls 2

actually I would take that demon burger over some of the boss designs in the game so far.

I was afraid this was gonna happen. I'm holding off for the PC version, so I've kept myself in the dark for everything. I guess it's expected since the bar was set so fucking high in DS1. Some of the designs are craaaaazy.

Gorillaz

I was afraid this was gonna happen. I'm holding off for the PC version, so I've kept myself in the dark for everything. I guess it's expected since the bar was set so fucking high in DS1. Some of the designs are craaaaazy.

I mean, I like it still, it's on par with 1. Not better but not worse. Too many humanoid type of bosses tho and some areas aren't as memorable. Other then that, it is worth it. Map is freaking huge.

Also finally know what anime your avatar is from, Black Lagoon was hype as fuck hope there is a 3rd season soon

BlackJace

I mean, I like it still, it's on par with 1. Not better but not worse. Too many humanoid type of bosses tho and some areas aren't as memorable. Other then that, it is worth it. Map is freaking huge.

Also finally know what anime your avatar is from, Black Lagoon was hype as fuck hope there is a 3rd season soon

Heh, humanoid bosses were some of my favorites lol. But it's good to hear that it's still a good experience.

And it's always good to see another BL fan! The creator got off his hiatus recently, so I assume season 3 will start to be teased when the manga gets going again.

The Roberta OVA was a good sign.

Top Bottom