• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

1) fake ass
2) angles, camera tricks and, posture.

Example:

This 'tranformation' took 15 mins to make. No photoshop just changes in posture and shit.
man the effects of black on screwing with your eye's is crazy and who ever noticed it making you appear slimmer fucked up trusting pictures for everyone

Slayven

Fox aint serious with this quicksilver&scarlet witch casting
The casting is the lease of that movies problems
file_178577_1_sentinel_singer.jpg

Esco we need args for AC

Esco probably laying low due to recent events. Don't blame him.

I wouldn't consider the tech for VR to be fully there until it has at least one of two implementaions. Either full Star Trek-esque Holoroom that allows full body movement and real feeling environment (that prevents people from walking into walls) or a headset that is capable of being controlled simply by the thoughts of the user. We're a long long way from either at the moment but stuff like OR and Morpheus are good starting points.

Those are some pretty high standards.

I try to think of it in terms of 3d graphics, we're really not at the pinnacle of that yet.

We went from:

tauo7eu.jpg

to this

Pvah0fq.jpg

to this

to this

in 4 console generations, VR could follow a similar evolution. It's biggest obstacle is going from peripheral to essential part of a console. Hopefully we'll see that next gen.

FyreWulff

Unreal was the talk last gen, haven't heard peep about hem lately.

They largely benefitted from the Renderware exodus. Everyone was desperate to not subsidize EA by continuing to use Renderware, and Unreal was the engine at the time that was the most usable. Gen was so long, everyone was able to get their internal engines up to speed, plus Epic's.. lacking licensee support (if someone is paying you the amount they are, I shouldn't have to be told to go dig through a poorly maintained wiki to get help with something) led to everyone going elsewhere.

Plus companies with previous UE licenses have the skill now to just revamp their existing Unreal based code. As far as I remember, some Ubi projects are still using their engine that's based off Unreal 2. The era of engines as a meta-generation are kind of over at this point.

The SK thing also poisoned the well for a couple of developers I know.

Those are some pretty high standards.

I try to think of it in terms of 3d graphics, we're really not at the pinnacle of that yet.

We went from:

to this

to this

to this

in 4 console generations, VR could follow a similar evolution. It's biggest obstacle is going from peripheral to essential part of a console. Hopefully we'll see that next gen.

The fact that we're still not even fully there with 3D graphics is why my standards are still high. I wasn't saying that VR won't be a viable product until it reaches those points.. just that if/when it reaches one of those points, that's when I would consider it fully mature.

In it's current state, to gather a foothold and grow, it will need 2 or 3 absolutely killer apps. Not just games/experiences that are immersing but they also have to be fun. We're talking being immersive while also hitting all the key notes to gain popularity along the lines of Halo, CoD, TLoU, etc... It's hard enough for most developers to hit that goal within the confines of standard gaming application but for OR and Morpheus there's really no data to pull from to guide VR devs to those sweet spots. So it'll be a guessing game. This is what I mean by good starting points. The tech is finally there to start experimenting and testing to find those sweet points for VR.. but I don't think it'll get to the kind of saturation that PS3/360/Wii did for a long time.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
plus Epic's.. lacking licensee support (if someone is paying you the amount they are, I shouldn't have to be told to go dig through a poorly maintained wiki to get help with something) led to everyone going elsewhere.
If I ever see any of you at E3 or something, buy me a drink and I'll share you some UE horror stories from the Propaganda days.

Oh, shit. Are they serious about that look? I've avoided 95% of the the stuff going on with that movie.

Looks like they got that Dyson dude to make a robot.
oh hohoho

Everything about Marc Singer's X-Men character designs seem like some ol year 2000 bullshit. He would probably put Captain America in a black jacket with some a white star on the back.

FyreWulff

If I ever see any of you at E3 or something, buy me a drink and I'll share you some UE horror stories from the Propaganda days.

I should be there again this year, I'll keep it in mind.

Also as a side note to everyone here, don't shy away when your buddy is hormonal. This woman in particular is like just pressing the win button literally anywhere on her body. Not even the last woman was to this level.

RedSwirl

DYLqzqi.jpg

IN THE GODDAMN PAPER NO LESS

Jamaica has no fucks left to give for these swizzle stick "singers"

That image has sent me on a wiki walk about patios and creole languages. Is there like, a written form of Jamaican English or something?

I been on that on and off. I just wanna play the OG PSO n see if I can hit lvl 100 offline.

Well shit. Maybe I should get back to my level 91 dude on the DC.

KumaJG

That image has sent me on a wiki walk about patios and creole languages. Is there like, a written form of Jamaican English or something?

Well shit. Maybe I should get back to my level 91 dude on the DC.

Lorde look like an old racist white women. She scares me yo.

Gorillaz

nothing about that design looks scary or menacing, put a little more yellow/gold on him and you would think it was a lakers mascot

Slayven

They largely benefitted from the Renderware exodus. Everyone was desperate to not subsidize EA by continuing to use Renderware, and Unreal was the engine at the time that was the most usable. Gen was so long, everyone was able to get their internal engines up to speed, plus Epic's.. lacking licensee support (if someone is paying you the amount they are, I shouldn't have to be told to go dig through a poorly maintained wiki to get help with something) led to everyone going elsewhere.

Plus companies with previous UE licenses have the skill now to just revamp their existing Unreal based code. As far as I remember, some Ubi projects are still using their engine that's based off Unreal 2. The era of engines as a meta-generation are kind of over at this point.

The SK thing also poisoned the well for a couple of developers I know.
If I paid all that money and I had to read a wiki for support? I would pay some church ladies sit in your company lobby and shade your ass.
Oh, shit. Are they serious about that look? I've avoided 95% of the the stuff going on with that movie.

Looks like they got that Dyson dude to make a robot.
They have another form, that honestly looks worse.
giant walking hairdryer designed by iMac apple designers.

Shout out to the cube.
g4-cube1.jpg

tumblr_n2nqv5tRQW1tv27two1_1280.jpg

You mean I was looking at in-game footage the whole time?

I think we are going in the right direction. I really though this was an actual game. I was like, why is this random pic in BCT?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I bought the Virtual Boy. No fucks given, it had some damn good games. Too bad it was Game Gear-tier with the batteries.

it wasnt even close. my virtual boys batteries could last all day. a six pack only lasted a damn hour on thew game gear

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The mogli commercials almost sold me on the Virtual Boy as a kid

Then I played one at the mall

I played the Virtual Boy at Sears one time, of course it was Wario Land I think that was only game released on that mothafucka. Had me lookin' like Leona Lewis

My eyes, don't wanna start again
My eyes no, they don't wanna understand
My eyes, they just shake and try to break whatever peace I may find

Top Bottom