• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

...that time at work when you hear one of your most hated/disliked supervisors listening to some AfuRa, Mos Def & Erickson on their player..........W...T....F?

DominoKid

QOTD: How much do y'all care about game framerate? Specifically the 30 vs 60 debate.

Considering i cant tell frame rate differences w/o there being noticeable slowdown, not one bit.

Somebody post a YT link for this new worldstar fight. Im not pulling up wshh at work.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm sure this is no secret but.....

The majority of average gamers (whatever that means nowadays) can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps. The ones that can, or are sensitive to it usually don't care enough to base purchase decisions on that aspect.
Here we go again.

Onemic

QOTD: How much do y'all care about game framerate? Specifically the 30 vs 60 debate.

Depends highly on the genre.

Fighting game: 60fps is a must
FPS: 60fps is ideal
RTS: 60 fps is ideal
3rd person: depends on the game but in most cases 60fps is not necessary
RPG: 60fps is not necessary

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, Assassin's Creed Unity leak :O

If it's a controlled leak it was wise. Looking forward to it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Oh man, Assassin's Creed Unity leak :O

If it's a controlled leak it was wise. Looking forward to it.

Definitely a controlled leak. Here's two screenshots and a logo, carefully selected to show name and setting while revealing absolutely nothing about the protagonist.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DYLqzqi.jpg

IN THE GODDAMN PAPER NO LESS

Jamaica has no fucks left to give for these swizzle stick "singers"

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it does, because the first time I did it it didn't show up as a kill on my results screen. I actually knocked him out, but he slid off a cliff.

I always thought it was funny when indirect kills like that aren't recognized as such in games.

It's like hey man I just dropped him off a cliff. What happens next is on god not me.

Doesn't make sense from a game perspective either as it basically allows you to delete guards with no consequences.

Looking forward to doing the same shit when I play

Nicki's ass been fake for a long time, and I don't care.. Still wanna take crack at it.

Fake hair and eyelashes is probably the only thing that bothers me about her.

and she has shown she is stunning without them.

Moving on..

I wonder how Esco is feelin about dat AC leak.

Slayven

VR is like 3D, a mythical selling point that shows up every few years then goes away, only to come back in a few more years.

It really is, I was watching Murder She Wrote a few days ago and they had an episode about a VR video game. If it was going to blow it, it would have done it by now. People are moving away from sitting at a computer, they damn sure don't want to be enclosed in one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Oculus Rift is totally a game changer. The true next gen experience I wanted. Nothing else has come close. VR is the real deal and isn't going away. My time with a Rift made me a believer.

It really is, I was watching Murder She Wrote a few days ago and they had an episode about a VR video game. If it was going to blow it, it would have done it by now. People are moving away from sitting at a computer, they damn sure don't want to be enclosed in one.

This may be an instance of the tech being mature enough to actually be compelling unlike the VR attempts in the past.

I wouldn't consider the tech for VR to be fully there until it has at least one of two implementaions. Either full Star Trek-esque Holoroom that allows full body movement and real feeling environment (that prevents people from walking into walls) or a headset that is capable of being controlled simply by the thoughts of the user. We're a long long way from either at the moment but stuff like OR and Morpheus are good starting points.

Top Bottom