• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT6| Monica Enjoys Being Black

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My 'real' issue with 3, because I don't think I fairly clarified was how they ruined a lot of what made 2 great with its move to create more spacing between characters and encourage a lot more long-rage stuff. In which, the gameplay just wasn't nearly as diverse. Yes, out BRing someone who has already put two shots on you is still the panty-wetter. There's still a ton of other weapons in the game that just barely got airtime in Halo 2 back when dual-wielding was establishing itself as something that made a lot of sense going forward potentially. By ruining short-range stuff by ruining melee altogether, making maps waaaay more spacious, short arming grenades, adding equipment cheese, and essentially neutering a host of other considerations... there is only one real way to play now.

Then 4 went and fucked all that up by taking that one way to play and CoD'ing it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I had never played Halo until I played multi on Halo 2...against vets. Imagine my surprise when SSJ Spartan comes flying with that Op ass sword.

Last half of Nymphomaniac vol 2 is ultra fukkery. :/ So was the negro conversation (fuck outta here). The scene with the two Africans might be one of the funniest scenes I've seen.

That ending though. Wheww

My 'real' issue with 3, because I don't think I fairly clarified was how they ruined a lot of what made 2 great with its move to create more spacing between characters and encourage a lot more long-rage stuff. In which, the gameplay just wasn't nearly as diverse. Yes, out BRing someone who has already put two shots on you is still the panty-wetter. There's still a ton of other weapons in the game that just barely got airtime in Halo 2 back when dual-wielding was establishing itself as something that made a lot of sense going forward potentially. By ruining short-range stuff by ruining melee altogether, making maps waaaay more spacious, short arming grenades, adding equipment cheese, and essentially neutering a host of other considerations... there is only one real way to play now.

Then 4 went and fucked all that up by taking that one way to play and CoD'ing it.

The first Halo was actually the best sandbox outside of tweaking the pistol a bit. You could kill with all of the weapons, nothing was particularly gimped. AND power weapon placement put you at risk of getting fucked up. There was a lot of risk vs reward just never seen again in Halo.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
XD I know the drake jokes are old but this got me

xZ4ayL9.jpg

Infinite

I have like 14 episodes of kill la kill to blow through now that it's over. Gotta dodge twitter for a while to keep away from spoilers but I heard the final episode was great.

Gorillaz

So Kill la Kill was really just one long advertisement for "Sonic the Hedgehog" this whole time? I see you, Sega.

I saw the opening credits for it..those...transforming suits......thought maybe it was just something small and for the intro only...until I saw the first fight between the main character and the one chick with the other suit dressed in white.....

Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

I can't with the fanservice type stuff bruh

DominoKid

I saw the opening credits for it..those...transforming suits......thought maybe it was just something small and for the intro only...until I saw the first fight between the main character and the one chick with the other suit dressed in white.....

Jake-Gyllenhaal-shaking-head.gif

I can't with the fanservice type stuff bruh

you gotta embrace the fuckery.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I have like 14 episodes of kill la kill to blow through now that it's over. Gotta dodge twitter for a while to keep away from spoilers but I heard the final episode was great.

same.
I watched like one ep but wasn't in the mood for comedy at the time. I might plow threw it this weekend since I'm still getting over a cold.

ot: I need to visit gafhop more. Im mad nobody told me about troy ave.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I enjoyed the fuck out of Kill la Kill minus a couple scenes. Worst protagonist of all times though.

It doesn't come close to reaching GL....

JoJo's is about to be back though. I'm ready for the fukkery that's about to take place.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I enjoyed the fuck out of Kill la Kill minus a couple scenes. Worst protagonist of all times though.

It doesn't come close to reaching GL....

JoJo's is about to be back though. I'm ready for the fukkery that's about to take place.

I'm anticipating season 3, but I'm afraid that season 4 will start before the scans finish. And I cant with those duwang scans.

ReiGun

......Well, I'm already watching Space Dandy so it couldn't go passed that level of fuckery

Since my back's been fucking up lately I'm not even attempting to go anywhere so I'll catch a few episodes tomorrow

I've only been casually watching Space Dandy and it doesn't even touch some of the fuckery in KlK.

Overall, I know KlK is supposed to be all "big dumb fun" but I felt like it had too much of the former two and not nearly enough of the latter. Really underwhelming overall.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what's this colbert thing going on? i don't watch TV like I used to

So there's been this ongoing discussion about whether or not the Washington Redskins should change their name, because it's a fucking slur for Native American people.

The Redskins's owner, Dan Snyder, decided he could solve the problem by founding the "Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation to provide resources that offer genuine opportunities for Tribal communities."

Colbert did a sports segment on his show, which ended with a look at how ridiculous it is to "solve the problem" by making an organization that's ostensibly helping a group of people you're insulting with a slur, while putting the actual slur in the name of the organization.

This led to him "sympathizing" with Snyder, because being an out-of-touch rich white conservative is his entire shtick, and forming his own organization to deflect criticism of a racist Asian character, which he then called the "Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever."

Colbert's twitter account sent out a tweet with that joke, and silly people on twitter decided to miss the entire point and call for Colbert's cancellation because he was being offensive.

Crocodile

*Is Black but has no idea what a Black Culture discussion thread would entail*

*Expects topics pertinent to Black History, major current events in the African American Community, tangential conversations about the goings on of Africa, the Caribbean and other places with a large population of people of African descent in the short term, some music related conversations, etc*

*Finds conversations about Halo, Anime, Colbert, Occulus Rift, etc.*

Not at all disappointed or perturbed, just surprised :p

So is this mostly an anything goes kind of thread?

*Expects topics pertinent to Black History, major current events in the African American Community, tangential conversations about the goings on of Africa, the Caribbean and other places with a large population of people of African descent in the short term, some music related conversations, etc*

Grits with cheese or sugar? Slayvenous behavior? Dehumanizing 101(Its an innate skill that can be perfected, not taught) and other Crab like shenanigans. We also discuss how people look like cartoon characters.

Welcome to the party, stay for refreshment.

Trey

The "best chicken joint" cycle is a timeless BCT tradition.

We also recently discussed barbershop etiquette.

But it's a general thread where anything goes for the most part. You learn the cadence quickly.

I open up the thread and the first thing I see is a badly drawn comic with Spartans freefalling and posing like they're the Ginyu Force.

Where did we go wrong?

I dunno, I should organize some sort of thing for shits and giggles tho, like a big team night every week or every other week. Dunno if anyone would be down though and it wouldn't be limited to halogaf.

Kreed

have these people never watched cable tv?

I've had to sadly "explain" Colbert to a few people (Jon Stewart fans even).

We welcome the bolded discussions in any form and if you go through the thread/stick around you'll find a lot of what you're talking about being discussed. But in addition to this we also talk about our day to days and other GAF threads, particularly ones related to gaming, racist subjects, and/or baffoonery.

We tried to have a discussion about how the media influences hair styles but Slay wouldn't shut the fuck up about comics. So we just said fuck it.

Crocodile

We welcome the bolded discussions in any form and if you go through the thread/stick around you'll find a lot of what you're talking about being discussed. But in addition to this we also talk about our day to days and other GAF threads, particularly ones related to gaming, racist subjects, and/or baffoonery.

I feel like this would have been a great safe haven back when the Zimmerman trail verdict came out. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in GAF as I was that day/surrounding days :/

Since you're here. Popeyes or KFC?
EPMD or PMDawn?
Sugar grits, or sugar cream of wheat?
choose wisely...

A) Popeyes
B) I don't know what either of those things are
C) Cream of Wheat with some brown sugar or maple syrup

We tried to have a discussion about how the media influences hair styles but Slay wouldn't shut the fuck up about comics. So we just said fuck it.

I've never been a fan of how the American media (I assume worldwide honestly) demonizes black hairstyles, ESPECIALLY Black Women. "OUR HAIR DOESN'T WORK LIKE YOURS, DEAL WITH IT!" I often want to scream :(

Top Bottom