• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing. I haven't been on here long enough to see the fakes. I guess I just gave him the benefit of the doubt. I can't believe I rationalize that concerning a suicide threat. GAF is changing me for the worst.

Infinite

*right click, search*

ZPpn7kB.gif
Dude trust me it's good. It's not what you think it's really sweet and entertaining.

Gorillaz

Lmao DY what have you done to people to say you pushed them to suicidal thoughts breh? Is that the same people from the real pic/IRC threads?
I thought Eyeshield was done; I did watch that show. Good shit.
I"m going to speak for Htown and say watch black lagoon just because. Also I'm watching this one called Baccano(?) which is about these 2 chicago gangs going at it, but it's taken place between different people's point of view. Only seen an episode

Black Lagoon is amazing; I recommend it in every 'I want to watch animu' thread in OT. I always get mad no one else mentions it until like 3 pages later; but everyone keeps mentioning shit like Naruto every 3 posts.

Dude trust me it's good. It's not what you think it's really sweet and entertaining.

2574284-5088804136-dont_.gif

Josei eh...nah, I'm okay. I'll pass.

Someone says they wanna die and your response is "good luck?" That seems insensitive.

They had already deleted the post as I was clicking to quote, so I got thrown to a GAF page displaying nothing, for a second I thought I was banned and was like 'Yo, what in the actual fuck is this bullshit?! For what?!'

Trey

Someone says they wanna die and your response is "good luck?" That seems insensitive.

I truly wished him luck. I understand how people would take it that way. All the relevant info was posted and my only contribution was to tell that person good luck, whatever their choice.

I thought Eyeshield was done; I did watch that show. Good shit.

Nah, I've been into anime for a while. I just didn't have anything I wanted to watch until Attack on Titan (I started to follow the manga for that).

I've watched:
DBZ (natch)
FMA: Brotherhood
Naruto
Eyeshield 21
Kuroko no Basuke
Kenichi
Black Cat
Cowboy Bebop
Afro Samurai
Darker Than Black

And probably more that I'm forgetting. I've also watched a couple of episodes of:

One Piece
Black Butler
Tsubasa Chronicles

Yea, Eyeshield is done. I thought you were just looking for shit.

Hit up hulu for some decent stuff. I'm watching Majestic Prince on there now. It's semi-serious mecha series.

Of the newer crop of anime that started in past few months I'm watching No Game No life and Black Bullet. I guess it's a trend, but both are good series wrapped in this big brother little sister motif.

Black Bullet--Think Gunslinger Girls, but with giant bugs and martial arts.

No game No life--Slacker brother and sister get transported to a world where you fight battles with games instead of actual fighting..

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Hit up hulu for some decent stuff. I'm watching Majestic Prince on there now. It's semi-serious mecha series.

Of the newer crop of anime that started in past few months I'm watching No Game No life and Black Bullet. I guess it's a trend, but both are good series wrapped in this big brother little sister motif.

No game No life--Slacker brother and sister get transported to a world where you fight battles with games instead of actual fighting..

Wait, black bullet has an anime?

I know we've covered this a lot, but what are some good games with good black protagonists?

Already got AC Freedom Cry, Remember Me (good is subjective), and Shadowman.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I know we've covered this a lot, but what are some good games with good black protagonists?

Already got AC Freedom Cry, Remember Me (good is subjective), and Shadowman.

borderlands? hes not really much of a character in the first, but roland is a major character in the second

Spinluck

Black Lagoon is amazing; I recommend it in every 'I want to watch animu' thread in OT. I always get mad no one else mentions it until like 3 pages later; but everyone keeps mentioning shit like Naruto every 3 posts.

2574284-5088804136-dont_.gif

I was never able to get into Naruto, I don't know how you can recommend that shit to someone at this point. I'm not dissing it or saying that it's bad, it's just that shit is so far along lol.

I feel like it is one of those animu that are better when you're there from the beginning. The barrier for entry gets really high from there on. There is no way I'm starting that shit this late. It's not as crazy as One Piece which has a zillion episodes, but it's enough for me to just say, "I'll ask my friends about it" whenever something big/crucial happens in the show, lol.

Zaverious

Where you're from- Little Rock, Arkansas
Where you live- Little Rock, Arkansas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American and some Irish a while back.
Do you know your roots- My great great great? uncle on my mom's side was John R. Lynch.
Your Age- 16
Favorite musical genre- Don't really have a favorite but I lean toward Funk and Rock
Your profession/major/career interest- Not sure
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Playing the sax, video games
KFC or Popeyes- Popeyes is better but Food Giant chicken is just on a another level. I'll give Popeyes the biscuits though.

I've been lurking this site and this thread for too long with very little discussion done. I need to change that.

I was never able to get into Naruto, I don't know how you can recommend that shit to someone at this point. I'm not dissing it or saying that it's bad, it's just that shit is so far along lol.

I feel like it is one of those animu that are better when you're there from the beginning. The barrier for entry gets really high from there on. There is no way I'm starting that shit this late. It's not as crazy as One Piece which has a zillion episodes, but it's enough for me to just say, "I'll ask my friends about it" whenever something big/crucial happens in the show, lol.

I wouldn't recommend Naruto now for sure. Part 1 sure but post time skip, hell nah.

It hearts my heart when I see people wave off One Piece. Yeah it has alot of episodes, they aren't going anywhere. No one is telling you to go watch all of it to catch up. It's there to enjoy.

Also anime has a ton of filler that can be avoided by a filler guide on the wiki.

edit: Welcome Zaverious!

KumaJG

I play this tone til the wheels fall off. Watch Hellsing Ultimate OVA or Jormungand(same person who made Black Lagoon)

DominoKid

funny pic

a1S3ZPV.jpg

as much as i like NGNL (so much fuckery) this is a trend i just dont get. must be a weird ass target audience.

Zaverious

I loved Naruto when it first aired on Cartoon Network, but since the end of the Hidan and Kakuzu arc a lot of stupid stuff happened that I tolerate, like Kakuzu being straight dumb vs Naruto, Sasuke surviving Deidara's suicide bomb, the lack of character development of side characters that aren't Shikamaru or Gaara. Then there's the stuff I just shake my head at like everything about Kaguya, Obito's motives for his evil plan, Naruto hyperventilating over finally realizing that Sasuke is criminal that needs to be stopped, Sasuke just shows up and becomes accepted by everyone while proclaiming he's going to be hokage, and a lot more stuff. It's just man, why did it have to be like this? At least the fights are good.

Gorillaz

I play this tone til the wheels fall off. Watch Hellsing Ultimate OVA or Jormungand(same person who made Black Lagoon)

I said it in another thread but Jormungand is weird to expect from the BL guys since the Jormungand is alot more goofy about everything. That and the color palette is weird. Like the main chick is pale as fuck.

Where you're from- Little Rock, Arkansas
Where you live- Little Rock, Arkansas
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American and some Irish a while back.
Do you know your roots- My great great great? uncle on my mom's side was John R. Lynch.
Your Age- 16
Favorite musical genre- Don't really have a favorite but I lean toward Funk and Rock
Your profession/major/career interest- Not sure
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Playing the sax, video games
KFC or Popeyes- Popeyes is better but Food Giant chicken is just on a another level. I'll give Popeyes the biscuits though.

I've been lurking this site and this thread for too long with very little discussion done. I need to change that.

Welcome. I guess the question of the day would be can you swim? If so, can you also tread water?

I feel you, Naruto went down the proverbial shitter ages ago, but people like to delude themselves into thinking it's still great. Shit is utterly nonsensical at this point; it reads like fanfiction written by a 10 year old with ADD and shit.

ReiGun

One Piece fans get damn near violent if you say you don't want to bother with it because of its length. And don't even try to say you attempted to get into it without watching to some arbitrary point in the story.

"You can't criticize One Piece unless you've seen up to Water 7!" Dawg, the Water 7 arc ends at episode 325. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom