• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I refuse to tell anyone that I know offline that I've ever played Arcana Heart games.

Hell, even when someone recognizes that I'm a beast a fighting games and they openly disclose that THEY have played it - I look at them with scust to be safe.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's a cycle
Pawg
Anime
Fitness
"We is our own worse enemy"
WSHH
Fuckery

Basically this is what goes through a black male nerds head 85% of the time. The other 15% is random and subjective to the individual. I would argue Pawg can be replaced with "sex" but its basically the same.

cdyhybrid

That Dutch court thread

lJ9FOmM.gif

Gorillaz

You forgot Ratchetmess

I was going to put ratchetmess but I just went there an hour ago....didn't want to bring up that scust feeling again

Only thing really missing is Comics and shit talking..but that falls under the fuckery tab
edit: RM is under the fuckery tab as well tbh

KumaJG

A lot things falls under fuckery if you think about

For Example: Pawg > Slay absurd statement about said PAWG > Fuckery

Infinite

I won't lie, I'd play it but the aesthetic is really unappealing for me. Only anime I play ain't really even anime imo, like GG or Persona.

I don't mind the aesthetics I can even go a far to say that I like them. I like 90s fighters where the games not only had their own mechanics but their own aesthetics and personalities. I appreciate arcana for being full of female anime tropes and standing out like that but I also see how that could be alienating to some. I'm just not one of those dudes who's repulsed by playing a game with an all female cast and more than a little cutesy.

ReiGun

I occasionally mess around with Arcana and Persona, but that's about it for me and anime games.

no because we don't talk about underage girls and debate camera angles while pretending that the vast majority of us have never pirated a thing
Welp. lol

"You don't act like a black nerd" is the new "you don't act black"
Having my blackness and my "nerd cred" questioned at the same is a double dose of asinine shit I don't want to deal with.

Infinite

Having my blackness and my "nerd cred" questioned at the same is a double dose of asinine shit I don't want to deal with.

Always weird when people look at you and surprised to see you occupying their nerdy spaces. Like people look and me and be like "you play video games? you getting the new madden/NBA2k/CoD/gears of war soon?" Or when people say shit like "you don't look like you watch anime". What does that even mean? What is an anime watching person suppose to look like.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
played like every version of this series. never found a character i enjoyed playing and never fell in love with it.

I mained Lambda/Nu for the entire duration and just... well, GG is back and Persona is good enough for me to forget about it all.

If KOF ever brings back Vanessa tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom