• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Also LOL at people thinking the Destiny "beta" is an actual beta.

200_s.gif

IrishNinja

Wish I could have gotten his autograph from him. And yes I did see the chicken but didn't take a pic.

he was pretty down, Kaare Andrews gave my other buddy a free sketch which was pretty great of him as well. totally missed Peter David though.

You going to Evo so I can body you in something

nah man, i'll be streaming it alongside that budden/hollow fight though!
you don't want none of this in shaolin style, beefs

DominoKid

I get why the Tribune even releases those "X shot, X killed" reports but I figured somebody in city govt would tell them to chill w/ that. Or at least phrase it differently.

BCT, I hope you guys had a good 4th. I had a quiet one after a busy fucking week covering my supervisor's duties. I didn't realize how much shit he was doing until I had to it, lol

This Monday is trying because I'm dealing with medical bill fuckery and it's depressing. I have insurance and it's a cushion I'm thankful for, but the way they bill you is infuriating. I thought I had taken care of the costs the day I was in the ER, but no. In the words of the billing person I was talking to, "That was just a deposit". After that conversation I'm out another $200, but it doesn't end there. The doctor who saw me was out of network and they are trying to get me to pay full price. I think something got processed wrong because my insurance sent one amount and the doctor is saying another. I wanted to avoid going to the ER so much due to this kind of stuff, but at the time my tongue swelled up and I thought I was about to lose the ability to breathe.

To top it all off they didn't really do much of anything besides give me some pills. My primary physician told me what I had going on, but his solution was just a injection version of the pills, which did next to nothing. After suffering for a weekend I googled what I had and came across a home remedy that fixed me up in like 24 hours.

In funnier news
This Lil John song (glorified hook?) is my head now because I can't stop laughing at the video-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU&feature=kp

After shooting through all of Game of Thrones in a couple days....I had always heard about how hot so and so is.....where's the fan club for Missandei aka hottest woman in the known world?

yqYJ3xQ.jpg

After shooting through all of Game of Thrones in a couple days....I had always heard about how hot so and so is.....where's the fan club for Missandei aka hottest woman in the known world?

yqYJ3xQ.jpg
I don't even watch that bullshit show and know that's a lie
Yara Greyjoy looks better then her
, come at me! Heh

FyreWulff

They actually made substantial changes from the pre-alpha to the alpha just based off feedback we gave them. It also went from looking like a mid-gen 360 game to what it looks like now.

just saiyan'. It's not a beta in the engine sense, but they're definitely changing some of the UX and player experience stuff based off these alphas and betas.

I generally agree that most betas are just early demos though. It's blatantly obvious when a game's beta is put on the marketplace a month after release as it's demo (ala Blur)

http://i.imgur.com/yqYJ3xQ.jpg?1?7527[IMG][/QUOTE]

That scene in misfits when you see her ass

Rudy won

JohnDoe

Banned
You know - I can post anything related to race and racism here. But I realize that there's no real place to put anything related to feminism except OT, and...

But this is related to both, so whatever... I just saw this:

Yep, privilege can blind people even if they are massively disenfranchised at the same time (in this case being at a disadvantage for being a woman but having white privilege at the same time).
You'd think that experiencing discrimination yourself would learn to help you empathise with other people but a lot of the time it doesn't.

Wait, never mind.

oh well, whatever

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
I feel I need to post this after seeing that one of my not so smart comments from the Kardashian thread popped up here.
Blackface is a US thing. It doesn't exist in Europe. Our history with black people is different.
It is.
I wrote this to Bish after he banned me because of this post.

I'm Italian. Italy was never in the slave trade. There was a time in the 16th century were a city state called Genoa was briefly in the slave trade. If you search for blackface and Italy you will probably find a article about some super racist politician who painted his face black because he thinks that being black will help him living in Italy. You will probably find another one or two examples but thats it. I never denied that racism in Italy doesn't exist because that would be a downright lie. But Italian racists are more in banana throwing and monkey sounds as in blackface. Not that it is much better. I tried to explain that people in Italy generally don't use blackface to make a racist statement.

I tried to explain that our history is in fact different. But yeah, I did it poorly and I was going overboard. I shouldn't even have started trying to "explain" this. I can be real idiot sometimes.

I actually changed my tune about Zwarte Piet completely in the same thread after seeing black people demonstrate against it for the first time. I apologized numerous times and feel still real bad about it. I was ignorant about the Zwarte Piet problem. I feel like shit and probably rightly so.

And this is the reason I wrote this. If I offended you or any other person I'm sorry. I truly am..
So yeah, I'm sorry if I offended you guys. My ban was deserved. I do hope Zwarte Piet changes but I do believe it will take some time.

That's all.

I feel I need to post this after seeing that one of my not so smart comments from the Kardashian thread popped up here.

I wrote this to Bish after he banned me because of this post.

So yeah, I'm sorry if I offended you guys. My ban was deserved. I do hope Zwarte Piet changes but I do believe it will take some time.

That's all.

You're good, b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom