• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

speaking of anime, is Bleach worth watching past the first arc?

They just
rescued Rukia
, and it looks like there's a ton of filler in the future. Should I just stop or keep going?

If you enjoy being in train wrecks, keep going. Otherwise you should just stop and pretend Aizen became Glasses Jesus.

Same goes for Naruto. Just imagine Sasuke and Naruto leave the village and become nomads and the time skip never happened. It's much better than this "Space Rabbit" BS I keep hearing complaints about.

Anyone read Hitman Reborn?

No to this as well. It becomes a Pokemon manga later.

JohnDoe

Banned
If you enjoy being in train wrecks, keep going. Otherwise you should just stop and pretend Aizen became Glasses Jesus.

Same goes for Naruto. Just imagine Sasuke and Naruto leave the village and become nomads and the time skip never happened. It's much better than this "Space Rabbit" BS I keep hearing complaints about.

What? No.

Jiraya vs Pein is an amazing fight.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Naruto fell off hard as fuck. At least with Bleach, you knew what you were getting at all times. It was your own fault for hoping for more than fight reasons.

Trey

Naruto is so bad people are posting pages of recent chapters and I don't remember them at all. convoluted and unremarkable.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yall gotta stop reading shounen jump for more than merchandise advertisements

It's all the same shit

Infinite

It's all the same shit

That maybe the case but some of the shit is enjoyable until it inevitably falls off. Also that shonen jump shit got a lot of us in the anime and manga game.

KumaJG

You guys should just read Toriko. The fight scenes are epic and world building is the best in shounen. The main character not dumb as shit either.

Son of Batman was struggle as fuck, bring on Assault on Arkham. If they got to smuggle a Suicide Squad movie inside a Batman one to get it made, so be it.

Kreed

It's all the same shit

There's still some decent shounen. Hunter X Hunter being the stand out when it's around, along with Silver Spoon if you can tolerate a manga with no fighting in it/a manga about farming. Attack on Chicken Scratches is good but most of you guys watch the anime and should probably stick with that. One Piece is good, but chaotic with a bunch of crap in the panels. Toriko is a One Piece/Jojo Lite, and Hajime No Ippo is still going.

Gorillaz

There's a reason I'm very selective with manga/anime, shonen in particular.

Pretty much the same. I have to hear enough about it from certain people before I jump into something.

Also yall need to check out the new episode of Space Dandy, they had this Goku/Michael Jackson mix of a dude on there causing fuckery for a few seconds

Silky

Banned
Pretty much the same. I have to hear enough about it from certain people before I jump into something.

Also yall need to check out the new episode of Space Dandy, they had this Goku/Michael Jackson mix of a dude on there causing fuckery for a few seconds

tumblr_n8awe8CCoL1qig535o1_500.gif

KumaJG

the whole food thing seems kinda lame , my lil bro likes it tho

The concept of a manga being based around food could be a turn off, but Toriko a lot more than that. Power levels are insane and you get a real sense of adventure with each arc.Read the first 100 chapters and tell me that's not heaven. If you don't like Toriko after that you just don't like it.

Dandy is awesome.

Man...I turned away for a few seconds to get some chips and the fight was already over.

I knew Rousey was going to win, but I was expecting AT least a minute's worth of a fight. Had my food in front of me ready to watch; first round starts and I'm like "Aw shiiiiiit" 16 seconds later I'm like "aw shit!".

I've never understood Naruto. Like, I tried watching through the beginning and it didn't click with me - all the episodes feel insanely bloated with expositional content that doesn't actually go out of its way to explain much, episodes have a ton of "LAST TIME ON NARUTO" tacked on, the fights don't last long enough to be worth it or they are but they're also constantly interrupted with exposition and so on. Then I tried going to Shippuden and it's the exact same formula!

I'm not a huge fan of anime pacing in general, but some shows like Space Dandy manage to avoid it.

You should actually read Hitman, the box weapon animals really don't have a personality or anything like that and they never went around collecting them like Pokemon, nor do the animals themselves actually fight. Hell you don't ever see them except for when they show up as part of the weapon as ornamental figures.

"Sure they have this all this empirical evidence of systematic racism, but are you sure it's systematic racism?"

Well maybe it's because black people look more suspect! Stop dressing like suspects~

Slayven

You should actually read Hitman, the box weapon animals really don't have a personality or anything like that and they never went around collecting them like Pokemon, nor do the animals themselves actually fight. Hell you don't ever see them except for when they show up as part of the weapon as ornamental figures.

Well maybe it's because black people look more suspect! Stop dressing like suspects~

Why the little dude look like that in Hitman?

Kreed

I read it and dropped it (got really unbearable when they traveled through time). I wouldn't recommend/tell Slayven not to read a manga I didn't at least give a fair chance. I'm just saying I know a Pokemon when I see one.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Son...

omg...

Who @ Platinumgames decided on the last two verses in the Lost Chapter, in Bayonetta? I haven't felt this defeated playing a videogame in a long time...

I struggled past the 3x Jeanne (umbra) and thought that shit was done. NOPE. Bayonetta was waiting on the other side of the bridge. Got faded like shit...
4pfZXq5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom