• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Since you fucksticks aint worried about your boy no more......

Just playing, but goddamn its been a minute. And I must say this.....

That bomb ass skull i got the other night was fantastic. Who knew being homeless could be used as not only a conversation starter but as a goddamn deal sealer.

For those just tuning in hi my name is [REDACTED]

I am currently homeless(but on the 15th that apt is ready) but still standing strong. I have a lot more to say and or add but for right now.....

i miss you guys. Ill post as soon as shit gets stabler. And I appreciate the fact that some of you cats were legit worried. I am posting this now to ease you all that your boy is still standing strong. What use is a fight if you cant take a couple hits......

and when I come back fulltime I got a fucking doozy to tell you. Remember the limiter is off now family. As long as I have been with BCT I was involved. But in the words of Ving Rhames aka mother fucking diamond dog from Con-Air

"The day of the dog begins"

Good to see you're hanging in there. :3

JohnDoe

Banned
girlpnm4.png

ce2.png

Infinite

But why do we need black feminism tho

Funny enough a lot of people still unironically question that. Went to a black feminism talk with my girlfriend at her college and this white woman was there. She came to us and was pretty upset that she wasn't invited to come speak at the thing (she organizes a feminist group on the campus). My girlfriend told her briefly what this space was and why it needs to exists. The woman's response was "Well I am a woman and this looks like division."

JohnDoe

Banned
Funny enough a lot of people still unironically question that. Went to a black feminism talk with my girlfriend at her college and this white woman was there. She came to us and was pretty upset that she wasn't invited to come speak at the thing (she organizes a feminist group on the campus). My girlfriend told her briefly what this space was and why it needs to exists. The woman's response was "Well I am a woman and this looks like division."

smfh

She sounds like a self important idiot tbh. A lot of people who organise groups in college are.
You aren't entitled to an invitation to speak anywhere, let alone somewhere that's not about you at all.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Smdh.

Every single time these scenarios play out it comes down to:

"Black feminism? But what about all other women?"

Yeah, we've been asking the same of you.

JohnDoe

Banned
TBH you should have trolled her by saying "while we're at it, the term "feminist" is division too" and then engage in fedora mode.

Kraftwerk

So this video is making the rounds on my feed, and I saw it on reddit too. Lots of people saying how Ali is a racist, and if it was a white man saying this the audience would crucify him instead of clapping and laughing. Some comments I saw said why we call him a hero instead of a bigot.........I need a shower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VYWnU610pE

Infinite

smfh

She sounds like a self important idiot tbh. A lot of people who organise groups in college are.
You aren't entitled to an invitation to speak anywhere, let alone somewhere that's not about you at all.

Smdh.

Every single time these scenarios play out it comes down to:

"Black feminism? But what about all other women?"

Yeah, we've been asking the same of you.

Yeah exactly . People who are used to being represented everywhere aren't used to people who aren't creating their own spaces and not actively including them in it. But that's none of my business tho.

TBH you should have trolled her by saying "while we're at it, the term "feminist" is division too" and then engage in fedora mode.

Man, it was a lot of things we could have said to her but the cheese and wine made me stopped caring about her poor wittle feelings being hurt.

Robin Thicke stays losing. First week sales

I bet all 530 copies were bought by Alan Thicke.

I feel like a reason why they say that is because the word racism scares the shit out of white people. Classism eases the blow

Yeah. "Bu-bu-but Applachia!" I always wonder why the KKK and the Aryans aren't trying to help poor white people. Sponsor some Jefferson Davis scholarships or some shit. They just want to use them as cannon fodder.

Jado

Banned

Mainstream white feminism is... ugh. Hypocrites all the way through the way they drown out and treat the less privileged amongst their own. I'm sure this inconsiderate bitch wanted to be the main speaker because she's "most qualified/experienced."

This shifting of the focus is a disappointing given in racism discussions, but its prevalence is alarming in mainstream, white gay/lesbian circles. The stupid, disgusting venom that gay people say about minorities, trans people and even bisexuals just leaves me stunned.

Yeah. "Bu-bu-but Applachia!" I always wonder why the KKK and the Aryans aren't trying to help poor white people. Sponsor some Jefferson Davis scholarships or some shit. They just want to use them as cannon fodder.

"What about the Irish?!? They had it worse!!"

Infinite

I bet all 530 copies were bought by Alan Thicke.

Mainstream white feminism is... ugh. Hypocrites all the way through the way they drown out and treat the less privileged amongst their own. I'm sure this inconsiderate bitch wanted to be the main speaker because she's "most qualified/experienced."

This shifting of the focus is a disappointing given in racism discussions, but its prevalence is alarming in mainstream, white gay/lesbian circles. The stupid, disgusting venom that gay people say about minorities, trans people and even bisexuals just leaves me stunned.

"What about the Irish?!? They had it worse!!"
these post so much. If these people legit care about "poor whites" and how the irish was treated then why they only talk about it in spite of someone else discussion racism?

Trey

when are the PS4 and Xbox One gonna match the quality-pricepoint ratio of the Wii U? Been waiting for that other shoe to drop for a minute.

Slayven

How you going to swing on Prince? Everyone loves Prince. Especially when I learned abotu his secret skating parties with Questlove.

Infinite

Poor Angie, her albums were decent; but on the flipside she landed herself a lucrative radio career.
People gave her shit for leaving hot 97 to go to power 105. "Don't hate the player hate the game" applies here. Dudes acting like if hot 97 was in financial troubles they wouldn't start laying people off and cutting checks to make their outlooks better. When an employee does the same thing by jumping ship when they get a better offer somewhere else they are a traitor or some bullshit.

People gave her shit for leaving hot 97 to go to power 105. "Don't hate the player hate the game" applies here. Dudes acting like if hot 97 was in financial troubles they wouldn't start laying people off and cutting checks to make their outlooks better. When an employee does the same thing by jumping ship when they get a better offer somewhere else they are a traitor or some bullshit.

Preach

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

the new york radio scene must be real as fuck

Furyous

The new Juan Epstein touches on the everyone's response to her leaving. Ciph and Rosenberg do not seem happy about the direction Hot 97 is headed. Hopefully they get a new PD that is on that New Yawk shit born in NYC that brings it back to prominence.

On a much lighter note, I have a pre screen video interview for a major multinational consulting firm this week. I'm studying over the next few days to get this gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom