• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spilled innocent blood summons a Ghost Rider, a positive pregnancy test has the opposite effect on DY.

oh man. that's just wrong. I'm not one to pile on the guy though. Speaking of which:

this reminds me (gorgeous sade/corinne bailey rae clone btw)

anyone ever been hit with the "never sleep with someone more than once" thing in real life? i saw it on TV once or twice for effect of course, but when someone you respect says that to you... i mean, fuck

maybe i'm wrong

not sure what this even is. Who says that?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
not sure what this even is. Who says that?

i've seen it in on tv more than once. "never sleep with the same woman twice" in various forms and stuff.

the other day i ran into a guy that has been vetted and confirmed as real as fuck. when he said it, i was just like....

fuck

i'm never gonna be a family man. i don't have the mental capacity for it. and as soon as my eyes went off in pondering directions he verbalized it

"i'm not a family man either. i don't have the mental capacity for it. so why pretend and let others pretend? its a big world. be selfish and experience it all." then he did the closest thing to a james bond sip/closeoutmytab/sendmyregards in one movement that i've seen in my life and walked out.

shit blew my mind

harSon

Banned
Damn, some of the people in my family are sorry as shit. I cleaned my Uncles house from 9 in the morning, all the way until the evening because shit was bad. All the while his kids, grandkids, etc. layed around all damn day. These niggas can't even throw the garbage or clean up after themselves, and yet they're eating his food, driving his vehicles into the ground, etc. My Uncle's basically just there at the moment, between his Chemo and medication. How are you going to take advantage of, leech from and bum off of someone whose terminally ill?

And while on that subject, does anyone know of any Medicare programs for an inhouse nurse for terminally ill patients?

i've seen it in on tv more than once. "never sleep with the same woman twice" in various forms and stuff.

the other day i ran into a guy that has been vetted and confirmed as real as fuck. when he said it, i was just like....

fuck

i'm never gonna be a family man. i don't have the mental capacity for it. and as soon as my eyes went off in pondering directions he verbalized it

"i'm not a family man either. i don't have the mental capacity for it. so why pretend and let others pretend? its a big world. be selfish and experience it all." then he did the closest thing to a james bond sip/closeoutmytab/sendmyregards in one movement that i've seen in my life and walked out.

shit blew my mind

Family man or not, this is a horrific attitude to have towards women and relationships. Tell your boy to get his act together.

Kraftwerk

this reminds me (gorgeous sade/corinne bailey rae clone btw)

Whoaaa kinda getting Denise Huxtable vibes

Yeah, That hair slays me;

bmsom1ll.jpg

;____;

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

fuck

shit blew my mind

Yeah, that's kinda fucked up.

fuck

shit blew my mind

Can't say I don't agree with him. It ain't for everyone. Honestly I commend that cat for having this realization. Some dudes and ladies wait years of misery before they have this epiphany. And sometimes it's too Fucking late.

Good shit.

DY_nasty

i wouldn't call it fucked up, but i don't know if i'm ready to commit that hard.

its not like i fuck my friends anyways. some people do - and that's really grimey because people know when they're dealing with someone who's more invested than they are. and some are especially shameless about it. that's much worse imo. trying to rationalize it with "i think i could grow to care more about them one day" and shit like that when they know it isn't true deep. people who just say all the things that the other wants to hear because it validates them personally and throws all of their real issues to side. all that stuff that nobody ever talks about.

on top of that, relationships are all over the place. you can run into two people raised in the same house, who grew up in the area around the same people and the little things that differ in their preferences in a relationship from boundaries to expectations to commitment to sacrifices etc would be vastly different. someone's 'little things' could be another's heretical sin. as such, i don't even 'date' anymore and haven't even considered myself attached to anyone in anything close to a mutual sense for nearly a year (last one doesn't count [both knew it'd be short term as hell, convenience more than anything])

i just don't know if i'm 100% about that life like he is because that's a door you only go through once. i've seen the door though. it is definitely fucking there.

Can't say I don't agree with him. It ain't for everyone. Honestly I commend that cat for having this realization. Some dudes and ladies wait years of misery before they have this epiphany. And sometimes it's too Fucking late.

Good shit.

I can't see how that position is justifiable.

There's nothing wrong with realizing that being a family guy isn't for you. It isn't for everyone, it's a lot of work. There's nothing wrong with realizing that long term or exclusive relationships aren't for you- as long as you're up front about it. Casual relationships and just having fun are part of life, we've all done it. Sometimes those relationships cease to be worth it, you find someone better, and move on. Nothing wrong with that.

But having a "once I've slept with you once you have lost value" position is just arbitrary and disgusting, and something tells me the women he's with aren't aware of that up front.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
In the back of my mind, i feel like things will "click" eventually and i'll settle down with the one for me.

Right now though, that's the scariest thing i can think of besides death. Doesn't help that, at 30, my Dad and his side of the family are now slowly getting on my case about it.

BUT, i could never say never. That's seriously deep, imo of course.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't see it as a door that you can only go for once. For exampleI've just had nine years of instant family man life. assisted in raising twin teenage daughters to adulthood maintaining a household bills in all the whole nine. do I firmly believe that there's a possibility that I will have a family? Hell yeah! Well am I going to be looking for it? thats a big hell no! Personally I'm going to live everyday with the old mantra if it happens it happens. But I will always reserve the right and have the knowledge to know it may never happen. The family man is always going to be there to think that it may never happen? but at the same time mad respect if you know walking into anything that isn't what you want. That I can give props. But when it does happen be prepared to man up.

Edit: I see your point manmade. And I was referring to the casual aspect. Totally ignored the idea behind sleeping with a woman once.

In the back of my mind, i feel like things will "click" eventually and i'll settle down with the one for me.

Right now though, that's the scariest thing i can think of besides death. Doesn't help that, at 30, my Dad and his side of the family are now slowly getting on my case about it.

BUT, i could never say never. That's seriously deep, imo of course.

you might. 30 isn't all that old, and men can get married and start families whenever.

But ask yourself why you want to settle down in the first place? do you have a need to? or is it just what you're "supposed" to do because you're 30? if it's that last one it's probably not the best idea for you.

DY_nasty

I can't see how that position is justifiable.

There's nothing wrong with realizing that being a family guy isn't for you. It isn't for everyone, it's a lot of work. There's nothing wrong with realizing that long term or exclusive relationships aren't for you- as long as you're up front about it. Casual relationships and just having fun are part of life, we've all done it. Sometimes those relationships cease to be worth it, you find someone better, and move on. Nothing wrong with that.

But having a "once I've slept with you once you have lost value" position is just arbitrary and disgusting, and something tells me the women he's with aren't aware of that up front.
*value as anything close to a romantic interest

it is kinda fucked up, but i really don't know. if you place so little value on that one aspect of people to begin with - then losing value in it means nothing, right?

to some people, sex is a monumental part of the relationship process. to others, its the end of the prologue in a 50 chapter book. that's one of the biggest headaches of all to deal with. how people weight things differently in relationships of this nature. i know how i do, now. (but i've got this thing where i'm brutally honest with myself way past the point of being healthy about any kind of self-correction.)

if someone's presence is strong enough to jolt you out of the habit of never going past a certain level, then clearly they're worth changing for. it'd be abundantly clear and obvious right off the bat.

in the meantime, you're not wasting your own time trying to feel people out and you're not doing someone who you're not all that interested in a disservice by playing the crappy dating games and #wynning. people go through tons of shit to get laid. lets not try and pretend that's not true. every first time with someone new i've seen the picture get clearer and clearer where a woman tries to see if i meet her requirements and i try to meet hers. then she tries to hit my checklist sheet and i try to hit her's. its always been a bullshit that i've been comfortable with but more and more aware of.

the "why' part of that is what's been bugging me more and more. if treating everyone like they have a chance to be a potential key figure in your life is one side of the coin, then treating everyone like they absolutely cannot be is the exact opposite. i've been into more and more casual relationships over the past 2-3 years and i gotta say... its overrated - primarily because its messy. not because of what you say and do to people, but because of what they say and do to themselves in regard to you.

i kinda skirted on this stuff back when i was in college. now that i'm kinda revisiting it... i'm really much, much more comfortable of the idea that people would be better off simply hating me for not returning calls or cutting them off when they've done nothing wrong instead of people going crazy trying to make stuff "work" after a real significant investment in the form of time

Story time I guess

I don't even know where to start with this shit. So my sister been having problems with her baby daddy. 3 years ago dude does some dumb shit with his friends and get his ass put in prison. His sentence was 3 years and he came out of prison this spring. During the beginning of his sentence they break up. Basically he wants her back but my sister moved on and was seeing another guy. He starts stalking the guy she was seeing Instagram page (he had to friend the guy since his instagram page is private, afaik) and notices a picture of her son and the dude with the caption that says “that's my boy”. He gets mad and sends my sister angry texts about “don't let me son be around this nigga” and then starts threatening her with physical violence and threatening to take the boy. Naturally my sister is keeping this guy at arms length and not happy with this situation at all but doesn't know what to do about.

He comes over today to my mother’s house unannounced to take his son to the park but my sister isn't there. My mom pulls him to the side and talks to him about what he's doing and why it's wrong and a stern “yo moms!” like manner. So this seems like enough drama already but here is where shit gets interesting. My cousins and aunt actually jumps to the guys defense. They start saying like my sister has a mouth, we don't know what she said to him, he don't mean what he said anyway, and it's not fair that he can't take his kid to the park etc. They even start arguing with my mom saying she's wrong for talking to him the way she is. They even said that he’s just in telling her who she can’t and can have their son around. My aunt drops this little jewel "I know where he coming from if I had a chair and I see someone else sitting in it imma feel a way about."

So guys idk wtf to do about this shit at all and it’s really killing my vibe right now.
do you have evidence of his threats?

someone threatened my sister, their ass would be back in jail SUDDENLY.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
you might. 30 isn't all that old, and men can get married and start families whenever.

But ask yourself why you want to settle down in the first place? do you have a need to? or is it just what you're "supposed" to do because you're 30? if it's that last one it's probably not the best idea for you.

If i'm being perfectly honest, its a mix of wanting to, and supposed to due to tradition.

First thing that popped in my head is relationship bingo. To have aspirations of something better but the brutal honesty to know it's not what you want. The question is if it were to happen would you turn it down?

I never understood when family doesn't stick together in a situation like this. The cat that just got out making threats....

just got out making threats....

I don't give a fuck, a mudhole would have been created in that ass. It would have been a family function from the ass beating. They would celebrate that shit like a family reunion every year.

Enough with the jokes though, the best you can do us wait it out, observe then react. The situation 9 times out of 10 will resolve itself.

real talk.

in a situation like this, i can't comprehend why or how anyone would side with dude. even in some situations where someone is dead wrong, the rest of my fam will stick up for them until the interloper leavers... wait 5 minutes, look left, look right.. then be like *smh* #scustface "you know you wrong."

DY_nasty

real talk.

in a situation like this, i can't comprehend why or how anyone would side with dude. even in some situations where someone is dead wrong, the rest of my fam will stick up for them until the interloper leavers... wait 5 minutes, look left, look right.. then be like *smh* #scustface "you know you wrong."

my dad's side of the family? "we is our own worst enemy"

my mom's side? *restraining order on both mother and father* *kid living with random aunt*

stepmom's side "you still sell drugs? put me on breh"

OT is so 12 about some things.

Also, don't think you have to settle down because you're at that prime age. That's the kind of thinking that ensures you'll settle for less.

nvm, discussed

Though I will say this - the other way around - that is, a woman who chooses solely to sleep around because "fuck it" isn't wrong either. Sexual compatibility doesn't mean romantic compatibility, and people don't deserve a chance or whatever. If you're not into the relationship thing, what difference does it make? You're not attracted, you're not attracted. That's just my narrow viewpoint, though.

Crazy Life/Family Stuff.

Man I had a similar situation with my nephews father. A few family members jumping on ole boy bandwagon for no apparent reason. I take it you and your sister are somewhat successful moms doing good. One thing I've learned in my 35 years of living some of the closest family members you could have are the ones most envious of your/your offspring's success. You sis and moms need to make that circle smaller and push out anyone that's not one of the 3 of you. Take every threat serious.

Also I doubt dude even really wants your sister back, its more of a my possession thing. Think about this my grandfather used to always say you can gauge a person's selfishness by how many times they Me, My, or I in any given conversation. I can imagine baby pop's is like this:
I want you back
Keep ole boy away from My son
I need you in My life
What about Me etc, etc,.

Bottom line as was in my case. My moms is way to easy on her sisters. It took her vulgar, disrespectful son to put people in their place.

Infinite

do you have evidence of his threats?

someone threatened my sister, their ass would be back in jail SUDDENLY.

We do have evidence of his threats. He texted them. She's going to file a restraining order and have family court spell out to him in black and white we he can see his son. It sucks that it even has to come to this but this is what you get for being diplomatic :-(

Man I had a similar situation with my nephews father. A few family members jumping on ole boy bandwagon for no apparent reason. I take it you and your sister are somewhat successful moms doing good. One thing I've learned in my 35 years of living some of the closest family members you could have are the ones most envious of your/your offspring's success. You sis and moms need to make that circle smaller and push out anyone that's not one of the 3 of you. Take every threat serious.

Also I doubt dude even really wants your sister back, its more of a my possession thing. Think about this my grandfather used to always say you can gauge a person's selfishness by how many times they Me, My, or I in any given conversation. I can imagine baby pop's is like this:
I want you back
Keep ole boy away from My son
I need you in My life
What about Me etc, etc,.

Bottom line as was in my case. My moms is way to easy on her sisters. It took her vulgar, disrespectful son to put people in their place.

Yeah my aunt is really abusive and I mean emotionally. She is a bitter woman and she has been jealous of my mom since God knows when for almost no apparent. My mom and sisters just have to move out of that house but they can't atm

There's enough people on the planet that having a surviving population should have killed all this traditional bullshite on relationships in the global economy age

We do have evidence of his threats. He texted them. She's going to file a restraining order and have family court spell out to him in black and white we he can see his son. It sucks that it even has to come to this but this is what you get for being diplomatic

Have texts, aunt still siding with the punkass, I can't even.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Over the last month, I've probably spent as much time playing a mythical broken 3DS as I have spent playing my Vita

i use my vita more than my 3ds.if i were to say the reverse it would still be nonsensical

harSon

Banned
i use my vita more than my 3ds.if i were to say the reverse it would still be nonsensical

You could always get the 3DS XL repaired though, and it'd probably end up costing quite a bit less than a 3DS XL would cost otherwise. And you'd also have a software library that's worth a shit and has a future.

Parallax

You could always get the 3DS XL repaired though, and it'd probably end up costing quite a bit less than a 3DS XL would cost otherwise. And you'd also have a software library that's worth a shit and has a future.

with smash being the only game im interested in coming west in the next year, im not all sure about that. but then again, im satisfied with my vita titles so theres that

harSon

Banned
Didn't you just buy a Wii U?

I bought a Vita too. But the Wii U does have a software library that's worth a shit, and while there's likely to be next to no 3rd party support, unlike Sony with the Vita, Nintendo is going to support the platform moving forward.

Parallax

I bought a Vita too. But the Wii U does have a software library that's worth a shit, and while there's likely to be next to no 3rd party support, unlike Sony with the Vita, Nintendo is going to support the platform moving forward.

Worth a shit now?

harSon

Banned
Worth a shit now?

Yeah, it's pretty good. Super Mario World 3D, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101, Pikman 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Sonic Lost World.

As I said, it's very first party centric. And taste is definitely a factor. If you're a fan of Nintendo's games though, then it's definitely an extremely good backlog to jump into, especially considering we're only 18 or so months into the console's life cycle.

Vita definitely has a worthwhile existing library too, but I'm mainly down on it due to its lack of a future. I regret purchasing the thing a few months ago at full price, especially when the writing was on the wall regarding Sony basically giving it the cold shoulder.

Mortemis

Banned
The vita has an alright library, but there's no way I'm paying full price for it. I have a big PS+ library for it already, but those memory card prices are the biggest turn off for any console. I'm sure if I wait a bit I can get it cheaper, it looks like Sony has almost given up so it should be cheap.

Anyone else watching Power?

That starz show? My brother's been saying good things about it, so I might check it out soon.

Jado

Banned
Damn, some of the people in my family are sorry as shit. I cleaned my Uncles house from 9 in the morning, all the way until the evening because shit was bad. All the while his kids, grandkids, etc. layed around all damn day. These niggas can't even throw the garbage or clean up after themselves, and yet they're eating his food, driving his vehicles into the ground, etc. My Uncle's basically just there at the moment, between his Chemo and medication. How are you going to take advantage of, leech from and bum off of someone whose terminally ill?

If they wanna be unhelpful sloths during normal days, fine whatever. But aren't you enabling their laziness by not making them help while you're there? If it were me, I would have gone in guns blazing and ordering people around, assigning tasks and making people accountable that shit gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom