• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I wish there was more weapon variety, halo had some cool shit

We must have played different Halos. There were what? 4 weapon types. Hand gun, shotgun, rifle, sniper rifle...that in the end were just different skin and glowy bits; they all ultimately felt and played the same across the species.

I hate when futuristic shooters do this.

It's 500 years from now, why am I still using this totally-not-an-M4?

Because realistically ballistics do a shit-ton more damage to flesh than lasers. Lasers cauterize wounds, ballistic tears through flesh, bounce around, break bones. Though Bungie already stated there are 'laser' guns but you don't get those until mid to end levels. In real life if we had a time machine and went 150 years into the future I'm willing to bet bank that we'll still be using bullets.

15 is when subclasses come in right? Has Bungie even said how far you can level up in the full release?

20 is the max level

And man, I'm regretting selling GTA V so much right now, would love to play again. I wanna buy the ps4 version whenever that comes out, but shit I'm not feeling like paying $60 again.

GTAV is one of those games you can come back to later and still find new shit. I was playing the other day as Franklin, ran into the back of some dude's car...he follwed me all the way to the crib just to fight me. As soon as I pulled out the guns like TI though, dude back away quickly.....so I killed him.

'Mericuh

Trey

We must have played different Halos. There were what? 4 weapon types. Hand gun, shotgun, rifle, sniper rifle...that in the end were just different skin and glowy bits; they all ultimately felt and played the same

Yeah, we did. Plenty of weapon diversity on Halo.

I think you can hit the max(lvl 20) pretty quick in the real game, and then it becomes about the hunt to get the best set-up between your gear/weapons/various upgrades and powers so you can tackle the real boss level strike/raids and shit

Slayven

We must have played different Halos. There were what? 4 weapon types. Hand gun, shotgun, rifle, sniper rifle...that in the end were just different skin and glowy bits; they all ultimately felt and played the same across the species.

Because realistically ballistics do a shit-ton more damage to flesh than lasers. Lasers cauterize wounds, ballistic tears through flesh, bounce around, break bones. Though Bungie already stated there are 'laser' guns but you don't get those until mid to end levels. In real life if we had a time machine and went 150 years into the future I'm willing to bet bank that we'll still be using bullets.

20 is the max level

GTAV is one of those games you can come back to later and still find new shit. I was playing the other day as Franklin, ran into the back of some dude's car...he follwed me all the way to the crib just to fight me. As soon as I pulled out the guns like TI though, dude back away quickly.....so I killed him.

'Mericuh

I bet a 150 eyars in the future clips are bigger.

Cause most of the guns suck ass; gun diversity only works in a FPS if all the guns are worth using. If people end up using the same guns then...is it really diverse?

I think you can hit the max(lvl 20) pretty quick in the real game, and then it becomes about the hunt to get the best set-up between your gear/weapons/various upgrades and powers so you can tackle the real boss level strike/raids and shit

I 'know' a guy at Bungie (vaguely, we chat often enough though) from what he tells me. It'll be a bit over twice as long to go from 8-15 as it did to get from 1-8 and that's factoring in playing increased difficulty on every mission. Then the last 5 take even longer; not quite double 8-15 but he does say it takes a bit.

I bet a 150 eyars in the future clips are bigger.

I don't know man, those liburls were trying to get extended clips banned.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
learn the sound of heavy weapon fire

don't be like my team in the crucible lol

Silky

Banned
Gonna hop on Destiny in a bit after this food finishes cooking. Might see what Warlocks are about.

I really hope that the races in Destiny actually mean something other than just being there for fun.

This Destiny beta got me hyped for the release.

Having selfish/bad teammates is a death sentence tho. Went through the same section I played with DY/JC with some randoms and they were playing too free.

Crazy how quick a situation can turn you from feeling like rambo to feeling like

DY_nasty

This Destiny beta got me hyped for the release.

Having selfish/bad teammates is a death sentence tho. Went through the same section I played with DY/JC with some randoms and they were playing too free.

Crazy how quick a situation can turn you from feeling like rambo to feeling like

breh

I tried to tackle the Den and we didn't even make it down the first flight of stairs. I went through it again with a friend of mine and we were shuckin and jivin mid-fight.

Gonna hop on Destiny in a bit after this food finishes cooking. Might see what Warlocks are about.

I really hope that the races in Destiny actually mean something other than just being there for fun.

Warlocks straight merkin cats, I swear all of my shit fills up faster when I'm playing as my lock than my Hunter.

Damn I watched NYC cop video. My day is fucking ruined right after watching one of the best films ever. :( At least Boyhood was better than the hype.

boyhood gonna make me cry tears and do the coli-blessed smiley in cinema.

it's not out here until the 15th though :/

are you guys using auto rifles or scout rifles in destiny? i'm not a fan of the scout rifle tbh. is it cool to roll with a hunter with a machine gun? because this knife shit and double jump is great.

boyhood gonna make me cry tears and do the coli-blessed smiley in cinema.

it's not out here until the 15th though :/

are you guys using auto rifles or scout rifles in destiny? i'm not a fan of the scout rifle tbh. is it cool to roll with a hunter with a machine gun? because this knife shit and double jump is great.

More smiles than tears. Hawke and Arquette being snub'd at the Oscar's this year is going to piss people off.

KumaJG

Which one of ya'll is this?

Bs30y3rIMAAsC7Q.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Village : Those challenges they had at the arcade were evil as hell. Lol. Got my ass beat in mk3 and f-zero. :/

Some little girl had a crowd while she was cracking heads on some indie shooter.

Artscape was cool, but the mayor's party was where it was at. ColiShaq.gif

DY_nasty

tonight on the podcast

"yal think handicapped people can't be assholes? well let me tell you somethin"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom