• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
I went to a bonfire last night with some PHDs and pre-school teachers. Because I'm trying to smash this PHD MILF. But unrelated to that, the topic got really weird when a professor stopped by (at fucking Ivy Tech, so his inflated ego was even more hilarious). This dude works in my city and another one. Out of the blue, he started going on about he as a white male is a minority hire.

Mother fucker, my city is 78% white. The other city he works in is 81% white. This piece of shit started ranting and we decided that was time for us to bail out. This is central Indiana. A white man is a minority hire no where in this area. Maybe if he worked in Gary, he'd have a point. But he doesn't. He lives in white as fuck central Indiana where with in 2 miles of any point, you can find Confederate and Don't Tread On Me flags on houses/in windows. This kind of dude is (technically) a professor.

Other topics that educated white people in Indiana talk about when not being weird and racist out of the blue: How fucking miserable they are with their kids, how they hate their kids, how their kids aren't special, and how they handle "the masturbation issue" with their young sons. Really bothered me that one of the dudes said penis like 40 times. I don't think I trust someone who refers to dicks exclusively as a penis. Also, one of the guys was a sociology major, so EVERY FUCKING THING that was said, he would break it down from a sociological view point and knew absolutely everything about everything.

FyreWulff

Yeah ADS and unbalanced supers in PvP Destiny are meh but I feel like I'm transitioning to preferring PvE anyway. Destiny feels like I don't need to play PvP to enjoy it, unlike Halo.

Mortemis

Banned
Yeah ADS and unbalanced supers in PvP Destiny are meh but I feel like I'm transitioning to preferring PvE anyway. Destiny feels like I don't need to play PvP to enjoy it, unlike Halo.

This is how I feel about it. PvE is so fun that I'm not caring about PvP. Supers are a pain though, especially warlocks.

FyreWulff

PvP is whatever, feels like an unbalanced side attraction

If I want Bungie PvP, the Halo collection comes out in November

This is how I feel about it. PvE is so fun that I'm not caring about PvP. Supers are a pain though, especially warlocks.

Yeah most of my time in Reach was in Firefight too. I just.. it's getting hard to care about multiplayer anymore.

Either you can have fun before DLC splits it, or you try to go back and play it and lifers don't give you a chance, or it's dead.

Honestly if Halo 4 had legit Firefight and not the damn super scripted Spartan Ops I would have played it more.

Silky

Banned
Bs7u9o2IEAAQcSG.jpg:large

late, but still classic

royalan

Since most of y'all are currently playing Destiny (and I'm unable to), what's the general consensus? Good? Great? Wack as fuck?

Gorillaz

Since most of y'all are currently playing Destiny (and I'm unable to), what's the general consensus? Good? Great? Wack as fuck?

Borderlands with less customization and more Star Wars vibes. Mechanics are Halo movement/float and CoD ADS (which is a terrible mix out side of PVE)

I'm kind of wondering just how much content the full game will have since the level cap in the beta is 8 and the highest you can go is 20 at release. There doesn't seem to be much difference in what you are going to use since everyone will use the best gear to handle PVE, which in turn will make everyone look about the same PVP and in the "city" area.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There's a hell of a lot you can do at level 8 though. People putting the sticks down are missing out on all the perks that still take exp and whatnot.

Slayven

Borderlands with less customization and more Star Wars vibes. Mechanics are Halo movement/float and CoD ADS (which is a terrible mix out side of PVE)

I'm kind of wondering just how much content the full game will have since the level cap in the beta is 8 and the highest you can go is 20 at release. There doesn't seem to be much difference in what you are going to use since everyone will use the best gear to handle PVE, which in turn will make everyone look about the same PVP and in the "city" area.

Best enemiy AI i seen in a long time.

RedSwirl

code geass doesn't compare

logh is THE space opera. the bar hasn't been placed so high that people just forgot about it. amazing show. throws a lot at you at first but man its all worth it

What does it compare to in terms of space opera in general?

Gorillaz

yea I would only mess with this for the PVE parts of it, unless they balanced out the vehicles and powers

I shouldn't be able to walk in to a room with 3 or 4 dudes caping the flag and give them the
QyIMD.png
and just shit on it like that with the titan ability

Under The Skin tho... Wasn't expecting any of what that movie ends up being, at all. Not sure if should thanks or fuck you to whoever mentioned it was worth watching in here

DY_nasty

What does it compare to in terms of space opera in general?

man... its more like an A&E than your typical anime. Its dry at times too. I guess Dune? with more polidrama. You could start a thread for it and get way more in depth discussion on it than I could offer you right now. Destiny only allows so much time for posts.

Trey

Destiny does look fun to play. And it's a pretty solid twitch shooter - I prefer it to Titanfall or CoD.

But I was basically in it for the story/world building since I saw the game had ADS. The supers with no tells, no checks and frontrunner meter sealed the deal competitively. Still will play some Crucible here and there.

Silky

Banned
I think Crucible would thrive for me if it had a barebones mode. No Supercharge, One grenade a spawn, certain class abilities nerfed (things like additional jumping can stay.), etc. No vehicles either.

PvE will be the huge selling point for me.

Slayven

Order

That was a good episode. The New Orleans discussion was real as hell. So many things happen that the media ignore for more "important stories."

You know there is a Kidzbop version of "Timber"?

Damn dude needs a hobby.
Wouldn't doubt it. Was surprised by how google now/voice recognition is the main thing she uses at 6. As she uses it when she doesn't know how to spell a word she just speaks it and after awhile she knows how to spell it

DY_nasty

• Episode #18: In The Workplace
Devolution, Moris, Immortal, DY, Angelus and Slayven talk Dwight Howard, Jay Z getting Solange'd, Justin Bieber's N-bomb videos and the main topic of workplace experiences.

Run time: 124 minutes 51 seconds

Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did we release before Popgaf?

reposted for new page so ppl can't act like we didn't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom