• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ... uhh ...

A GIRLS: These are the hottest of the hottest. Models. MUST have real hair - no extensions, very classy looking, great bodies. You can be black, white, asian, hispanic, mid eastern, or mixed race too. Age 18-30.

B GIRLS: These are fine girls, long natural hair, really nice bodies. Small waists, nice hips. You should be light-skinned. Beyonce is a prototype here. Age 18-30.

C GIRLS: These are African American girls, medium to light skinned with a weave. Age 18-30.

D GIRLS: These are African American girls. Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone. Character types. Age 18-30.

http://gawker.com/straight-outta-compton-casting-call-is-racist-as-hell-1606524197

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Casting agency says ad was "innocent mistake":

But we spoke with a rep for Sande Alessi Casting who tells us ... the ad was an "innocent mistake" -- and when it comes to casting the "poor" people, they're also looking for women of various skin tones and body types.

As for people who claim the A,B,C,D grouping system was racist -- Sande Alessi Casting says it's the usual method they use to look for different types of people for any project and it wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Universal distances itself from 'Compton' casting:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Universal Pictures and the filmmakers behind the planned N.W.A. biopic are distancing themselves from an offensive casting announcement for the film.

The company said in a statement late Thursday that "the filmmakers ... did not approve and do not condone the information in this casting notice. We regret and sincerely apologize for being in any way associated with the offensive descriptions it contained."

Sande Alessi Casting posted an open call earlier this week that sought women in four categories. "A girls" were described as "the hottest of the hottest" and could be of any ethnicity. "B girls" were to be "light-skinned," whereas "D girls" were "African-American... Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone."

Gawker.com quoted the casting call in an article Thursday. The casting company has since removed the announcement from its Facebook page.

A woman who answered the phone at Sande Alessi Casting on Thursday declined comment and would not identify herself.

Universal has not said if it is still working with the casting company.
The Sande Alessi Casting website shows it is still inviting African-American men and women to audition as extras for "Straight Outta Compton" at an open call later this month.

What a trainwreck.

Crocodile

Innocent my anus :/

I'd surprised people like Ice Cube and Dr. Dre would put up with that shit but I guess they didn't know (tons of benefit of the doubt being given here.........)

So you had a podcast and I didn't get invited again. Yall making me think you don't like me anymore....*sniff*

But anywho, what has been happening family? What's this a, b, c, d shit. What else I missed of relevance?

DominoKid

e5fXW.png
@ beyonce being a B girl.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
anyone trying to group up for the iron banner event today (in like an hour and 20 minutes)?

and devo throw OT in the bushes and get back on halo this new bungie game

Kraftwerk

Holy shit that thread. The "how is this racist" crowd is coming in droves. Like moths to a flame

That comment really threw me off.

Usually you have people do mental gymnastics and type out a long post trying to defend shit like that.

But this guy comes and out and is so straight to the point.

Wat da fuk

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That comment really threw me off.

Usually you have people do mental gymnastics and type out a long post trying to defend shit like that.

But this guy comes and out and is so straight to the point.

Wat da fuk
almost as bad as the "it's 2014 racism is dead, and if it's not ignoring it will solve all our problems" crowd.

Silky

Banned
There's this person who texted my number at like 4AM in the morning. Obviously the wrong number of course but uh...I think he was texing some girl and then he sent my phone a photo of his dick. Hours later I'm still trying to tell this asshole to stop texting me/misunderstanding and whatnot. It's as if some people don't know how service providers work.

This guy could be crazy. I'm going to send his number to the police juuuuuuust in case.

Kreed

I don't know man, after TI got caught with those choppas in the house, I don't think Money wants to do this. Honestly I think TI is the kind of cat who would actually kill someone on some petty shit.

Yep. A lot of time has passed since the Lil Flip/BET award days, but I can't see T.I. being content with some twitter beef and a couple of diss tracks. I don't think he will kill anyone at this point in his life, but he will do something reckless again.

Yep. A lot of time has passed since the Lil Flip/BET award days, but I can't see T.I. being content with some twitter beef and a couple of diss tracks. I don't think he will kill anyone at this point in his life, but he will do something reckless again.

Easily, dude doesn't care about his career he's made that clear with the number of times he's fucked up. Shit most other rappers have like A gun...a hand gun. This nigga had the entire 2012 military budget in his house.

Like who does shit like that? If I was rich as fuck the last thing I'm doing is throwing it all away because my boy got killed. Like nigga you can hire Blackwater to watch your back 24/7 for the price you paid for those guns.

TI pls. Go home and be a family man.

What's so bad? Not only will blacks have more of a shot to be employed, they are also represented in group A. Sounds good to me.

I really wish this board wasn't so moderated because I'd have a bit of a field day with this.

Then again, it should go the other way too. Makes you wonder (not really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom