• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Dude in Japan 500k is a shitload that's 2x platinum. For an 'J-R&B' artist she does well (4 platinum albums and 2 gold albums); she'll never do AKB48 numbers; because she's considered and marketed as a J-R&B artist. As far as J-R&B sales go, she's selling on par/better as most of them.

Honestly the only J-R&B artist who can do AKB numbers is Utada. Not even Amuro does those numbers, her latest album has only gone platinum (388k). Alternatively you can look at the sales of her versus other half black artists like Thelma Aoyama (latest album only did like 18k). R&B in general is on the major decline in Japan; pop runs the world for a reason. Vivid did pretty bad though…

What about Koda? I would step over Devo to get to Koda

AfroMW

GAF struggle is real.

I dunno, folks seem content to be dense.

Then when you point out something it becomes but what about my opinion which is not relevant to the topic at hand! Surely I set the standard right?! right?!

A lot of pages to read, great way to kill time at the office

Slayven

Damn lol.

As for Koda, her popularity has declined at around the same rate the popularity of J-R&B has declined, her latest album has only done 59k to date, and the one before that only did 151k.

In the age where them jpop stars were doing cutesy little 2 steps, she was putting those hips into it.

I wonder when an Asian popstar will break through? I mean if the Asian Beyonce. BoA couldn't who can?

Always trying to start stuff
Perhaps one day you will present a challenge.

Kraftwerk

I've been thinking about how I should style my hair. Right now it's just shaped up and curly. Same old, same old; it's getting boring.

Get the True Detective look, it's all the rage right now;

YLhTywM.png

So my lady decided to show me all the thirsty private messages she gets on facebook, jesus I wasn't ready she laughed it off but this shit crazy

The Asian music market in general is shrinking. Even AKB isn't doing AKB numbers nowadays.

Eh this isn't true in regards to AKB, their new (Jan 2014) album is their second highest selling album of all time at 1,015,000 only like 20k units behind their best selling album. It's also by far their highest first week sales at 980k.

Infinite

Eh this isn't true in regards to AKB, their new (Jan 2014) album is their second highest selling album of all time at 1,015,000 only like 20k units behind their best selling album. It's also by far their highest first week sales at 980k.

Yeah. I was mainly thinking about their single sales from 2013 when I made that comment. It's hard to compare any act to AKB though. Their sales are based on exploiting existing fans with "character goods". The fact that an artist like Utada can reach those kinds of numbers with out similar schemes is truly a statement.

Yeah. I was mainly thinking about their single sales from 2013 when I made that comment. It's hard to compare any act to AKB though. Their sales are based on exploiting existing fans with "character goods". The fact that an artist like Utada can reach those kinds of numbers with out similar schemes is truly a statement.

From 2010 onward every AKB single has done 1m at least; then you have their 2014 single which has done 1.7m making it the third highest single for them with the other two being 1.8m and 1.9m in 2012 and 2013 respectively. AKB isn't going anywhere any time soon unfortunately. I think Utada would be the only solo artist who could release an album and sell 1m. Even the highest selling solo artist of the year (Amuro) only did 380k.

Amazon sent me an email saying SWS ain't shit. Seriously, they said the website has to be fleshed out more.

"increase content which is original/beneficial to visitors"/"Can't have pages that are mostly empty without Amazon Ads"

Don't worry, mark my words, SWS WILL sell out. Believe you me.

Imm0rt4l

Amazon sent me an email saying SWS ain't shit. Seriously, they said the website has to be fleshed out more.

"increase content which is original/beneficial to visitors"/"Can't have pages that are mostly empty without Amazon Ads"

Don't worry, mark my words, SWS WILL sell out. Believe you me.

Shiiiet

Moris like we major now. Nigga gonna be advertising soul glo, and popeyes and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom