• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what fuck it all. I'm drunk as fuck eating Chinese food and drinking Four Loko. Watching Motherfuckin StarKid. Chatting with this broad and bout to get the penis spit on by another. I am fucking amazing right now. VIVA LA RIO DRUNK WHILE SINGLE VIVA.

And I got my router up so Internet is free.

Strawberry Lemonade 4 Loko is fantadtic.

They have that flavor?! And I've been getting Fruit Punch this whole time?

Destiny has me fiending. Gonna preorder that shit sometime this weekend. Got to Level 8 with my Titan, thinking about rolling someone else. Hunter is the one with those knives, right?

AfroMW

All this talk about destiny is making me want to get a PS4 way before I was planning.

Also the rafters section in the coli is amazing, I can't stop reading the antics going on in there

C2xkH.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well Destiny has the flavor. Guess that's $60 spent.

RedSwirl

I remember watching british television (on PBS or whatever, I dunno don't quiz me) in the 80s and 90s, and being absolutely dumbstruck at the amount of mixed couples making out on tv and whatnot, like it was no big thing.

that shit straight up did not happen. If you happened to see one on US television, they were virtually asexual.

Or if it does happen, it's usually treated as a main plot point.

Kraftwerk

Her heels game was nice....all I have to contribute. That movie took all my mental strength to finish.

Not trying to exaggerate, but the shaky cam really fucked my eyes up. I have a lazy left eye, and it made my left eye tear up a little due to the the shakiness.

I thought it was just me, and my friends also said it was really too much.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Watching it now. Frankly, it's not a patch on District 9 but a friend of mine is in the flick (bearded black guy
who shoots William Fichner
) so I feel like I should finish it out of loyalty. The weapons are pretty disappointing in comparison as well.

Ms. Foster though.......lawd have mercy. If she was wearing glasses I'd have to grab a cold drink or something.

The people I work with are hilarious. I'll preface this with I was the only white person in a van of 5. We got lost on the way to a work bbq in a very wealthy area and they were seriously like "uh oh we are asking for it." And when we first got in the area and saw a cop "I bet they already alerted everyone we're here."

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Read a bit about the UK/US differences when it comes to racism. In my experience, UK is better at putting on appearances.

Also they are painfully more racist to those from the middle east than any other group. Northern England is worse than the South.

At least in the States, shit was overt so i knew exactly where i stood with people.

Slayven

The people I work with are hilarious. I'll preface this with I was the only white person in a van of 5. We got lost on the way to a work bbq in a very wealthy area and they were seriously like "uh oh we are asking for it." And when we first got in the area and saw a cop "I bet they already alerted everyone we're here."

"Work" that involes a van? Devo don got herself a heist crew now,

Watching it now. Frankly, it's not a patch on District 9 but a friend of mine is in the flick (bearded black guy
who shoots William Fichner
) so I feel like I should finish it out of loyalty. The weapons are pretty disappointing in comparison as well.

Ms. Foster though.......lawd have mercy. If she was wearing glasses I'd have to grab a cold drink or something.

isn't that the movie she made them make it a female character instead of male or was that something else

So after a fantastically amazingly eventful night, I am now on my day off. Destiny beta? PS3. And looks like rogue legacy is out. Bout to partake in that shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Today is my first time hearing of the Israel/South Africa analogy

i6DfujEM7jLEi.png

Maybe I'm wrong though. I'd like to hear if you guys have anymore on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_the_apartheid_analogy here's the link that I saw immediately after it was brought up - and it didn't wait til the 2nd paragraph to make me feel as if I wasn't wrong for feeling the way that I did.

Still, might be something I'm missing though. About halfway through it but other opinions would be appreciated.

DY_nasty

South Africa is probably the closest thing that compares to the conflict in Israel.

It can't be. South Africa wrote its racism into law. I don't understand what makes Israel's extreme racism different from any other volatile state's racism.

Slayven

Militant dudes always trip me out. " We got to rise up and take down this police state". First you sound like those dudes in the woods up in Montana, and second the government got drones. I will take my change with dudes in suits talking shit out.

Infinite

That's kind of what I'm getting at.

If a country will do that to people when it's wrong - then imagine the shit dehumanizing shit that they could feasibly do if every document in that country suggested that those aren't people to begin with?

In this case you have extreme nationalism instead.

RP912

Banned
I used to be on a militant kick in my younger days. Reading soul on ice in front of white folks and listening to immortal technique.

Then I grew up...

I remember one time I was at my old job and a militant dude came in with a newspaper about revolution passing it to all the black folks that were working with the exception of my co worker whose so happen to be hispanic/white :/

DY_nasty

I did too back in my freshmen year in college. Its just fucking sad to watch now. Especially from people past the age of 25 or so.
In this case you have extreme nationalism instead.

Nationalism can do things but having a constitutional right to degrade other humans based on race, creed, sex is something incredibly dark. Even Sharia (sorta) had its good intentions (ish) (at the time) (out of a necessity) (ish).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If Marvel ever does anything with the Punisher, they should hire ole dude in The Purge: Anarchy. He's was giving off Frank Castle vibes the entire film.

I don't really believe in guilty pleasures. You like what you like. The movie was hella flawed, and I still fuck with it. Seeing that many minorities on screen, in a horror movie, that didn't get killed, brought a tear to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom