• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
btw

gundam unicorn isn't even entertaining. its pretty shit.

as in pretty - but shit. gundam 08th fucked the game up

edit: like... i feel i would've had a better time simply playing the dynasty warriors game. there's like, 2-ish, good characters in it but they're both jobbers in the end so it doesn't even matter.

does all the lingering pinesol in the air make your skin breakout cuz?

Gundam Unicorn isn't a good representation of the franchise imo

It's pretty much the most expensive piece of fanfiction ever produced. You probably won't get much out of it if you want more than crazy production values and aren't a long time fan that gets all the references it throws at you to older shows.(although I'm this and even I think it's shit)

Tokubetsu

I never understood the love for Char.

iIHeYmT4nYVde.jpg

Order

I like how Nick fucked over Korra JUST when the show was starting to become great. Same shit happened to Young Justice.

Slayven

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859975

It'd be an insult to children to call this childish behavior but seriously this is why I can't hang no more. Every thread whether gaming or OT is just about posting inane as fuck observations while the "adults" try to have a conversation.
I noticed that too, if something shiny is in the video or article fuck having a conversation. Like cats and tinfoil
I will counter with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDx8QADATo

J10

Banned
Post your k/ds.

Also which Halo so I can know how bad yours will be against me.

Halo Reach Competitive - 1.47
With DMR - 1.91
With Magnum - 3.31
With Sniper - 1.7
With Armor Lock - 19.67

Halo 3 Competitive - 1.3
With BR - 5.02
With Sniper - .996

My Halo 4 stats are garbage. I gave up after a month.

RedSwirl

Finally got around to renting 300 2. It's okay. I guess it couldn't escape from the inevitability of the whole concept.

Thing is, I still agree with the concept of doing a series about the Greco-Persian wars. I guess just doing Thermopylae works better because 1) The Spartans are a cooler fit for an action flick than the Athenians, and 2) that one battle in itself makes for a good storyline, punctuated by sowing the Spartans victorious at Plataea afterwards. Artemisium and Salamis on the other hand end up being a standard sword & sandal movie.

Still, Eva Green. Goddamn.

Final note: people like to groan when the Greeks in the movie talk about "defending freedom and logic" and crap. I think it's it's at least hinted in the movie the Greeks themselves are biased (I prefer to look at the whole story as the Greco-Persian wars imagined and re-told by the Greeks themselves). More importantly, beating back Persia is kind of what gave way to what we know as Classical Greece and through it the foundation of western civilization. Just sayin'.

Halo Reach Competitive - 1.47
With DMR - 1.91
With Magnum - 3.31
With Sniper - 1.7
With Armor Lock - 19.67

Halo 3 Competitive - 1.3
With BR - 5.02
With Sniper - .996

My Halo 4 stats are garbage. I gave up after a month.

Halo 4 - 2.34

Reach - 2.04
With DMR - 2.76
With Sniper - 3.24
With Pistol - 2.42
With Needler Rifle - 2.77

Halo 3 Competitive - 1.56
With BR - 7.089
With Sniper - 1.342

Halo 2 - 2.37

Armor lock? Pssh. Never used that bullshit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I mean. I know Gundam consigned itself to being nothing but a toy brand years ago but geez. I guess I'm just a Code Geass fan for life now. :|

#animeissaved
You know this doesn't even compete right? Garbage.

iC7uZM0DmMXAJ.jpg
Char is that dude. He will hit you with a rocket in the face in your office before lunch.

Why ya'll arguing about console FPSes?
#fpsissaved
Finally got around to renting 300 2. It's okay. I guess it couldn't escape from the inevitability of the whole concept.

Thing is, I still agree with the concept of doing a series about the Greco-Persian wars. I guess just doing Thermopylae works better because 1) The Spartans are a cooler fit for an action flick than the Athenians, and 2) that one battle in itself makes for a good storyline, punctuated by sowing the Spartans victorious at Plataea afterwards. Artemisium and Salamis on the other hand end up being a standard sword & sandal movie.

Final note: people like to groan when the Greeks in the movie talk about "defending freedom and logic" and crap. I think it's it's at least hinted in the movie the Greeks themselves are biased (I prefer to look at the whole story as the Greco-Persian wars imagined and re-told by the Greeks themselves). More importantly, beating back Persia is kind of what gave way to what we know as Classical Greece and through it the foundation of western civilization. Just sayin'.
Eva Green was the only good thing about that movie.

I wanted her to win over any one else. Meh.
I like how Nick fucked over Korra JUST when the show was starting to become great. Same shit happened to Young Justice.
I don't want to talk about it. :|

KumaJG

Final note: people like to groan when the Greeks in the movie talk about "defending freedom and logic" and crap. I think it's it's at least hinted in the movie the Greeks themselves are biased (I prefer to look at the whole story as the Greco-Persian wars imagined and re-told by the Greeks themselves). More importantly, beating back Persia is kind of what gave way to what we know as

Classical Greece and through it the foundation of western civilization. Just sayin'.

Eva Green so gooood. I love her so much. Listening to her talk is like hearing singing birds in the morning. Can't wait for Sin City 2. Might be the first movie I pay to see in a long time.

DY_nasty

Code ASS mechas are garbage designs.

Only when they got overdesigned (basically most of R2).

Most of Gundams stuff over the past few years has been awful. They made Frontier look conservative and reasonable.

Mortemis

Banned
^Yeah Code Geass mechs were alright in the beginning, it's when they started getting those butterfly wings shit and those knights came that it started looking like shit imo.

What Nick did to Korra is wack. Put it in a shitty time slot, then kill it when it does poor numbers. Serves me right, I should've been done with action cartoons or non-episodic cartoons after the shit CN pulled with YJ. At least Korra gets to keep going online though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Most of Gundams stuff over the past few years has been awful. They made Frontier look conservative and reasonable.

my turning point for gundam was turn A. no matter how much its praised, that design is ugly. some of the O gundam designs are too. but O gundam itself is so damn pretty

Kraftwerk

I came into this thread to have good discussions and learn more about the issues alot of you have to deal with, not be called a damn simp or watch you guys make fun of my bae Cocaine Lorraine.

pout.jpg

Slayven

I came into this thread to have good discussions and learn more about the issues alot of you have to deal with, not be called a damn simp or watch you guys make fun of my bae Cocaine Lorraine.

pout.jpg

And then you drop some Scott Piligrim shit? You are officially worse then Jandro no, Jandro you may rise to being mediocre

Tokubetsu

isn't SEED Destiny supposed to be even worse?

SEED is okay, it's got flaws but for the most part if you a ride or die Gundam or Mecha dude you can stomach it. Some cool shit.

Destiny is god awful. Multiple layers of awful with awful toppings. The weirdest thing about Seed and Destiny is they're lowkey sorta remakes of OG Gundam and Zeta Gundam. They share a lot of similar plot points/beats. Only with 00s anime awfulness.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I mean. I know Gundam consigned itself to being nothing but a toy brand years ago but geez. I guess I'm just a Code Geass fan for life now. :|
|

Bro....

00 has some pretty great suits in it

Y'all watched SEED? Could watch an anime where 95% of the cast is crying teenagers.

Better off reading The Origin manga if you want a retelling of 0079

SEED is for people that like Code Geass...(people that can't watch robot shows/anime period that doesn't take place in a high school setting)

Tokubetsu

Bro....

SEED is for people that like Code Geass...(people that can't watch robot shows/anime period that doesn't take place in a high school setting)

I already loved you because of that avatar but then you confirmed it <3

Code Geass is terrible y'all. At least Seed Destiny had gundams in it.

DominoKid

If you watched Geass for something other than the fuckery than you did it wrong. Geass was a masterclass in fuckery.

SEED is okay, it's got flaws but for the most part if you a ride or die Gundam or Mecha dude you can stomach it. Some cool shit.

Destiny is god awful. Multiple layers of awful with awful toppings. The weirdest thing about Seed and Destiny is they're lowkey sorta remakes of OG Gundam and Zeta Gundam. They share a lot of similar plot points/beats. Only with 00s anime awfulness.

yeah see i'm not ride or die on gundams or mecha. i remember tapping out on SEED when it aired. idk how i would feel about it now.

Slayven

Bro....

I jsut want giant robots fighting. Thought that gundam youtube show was that. But can't stand the main characters.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Emma Sheen is the greatest

Also if you want to watch a good modern Gundam show, watch Gundam Build Fighters or Eureka 7(this is Gundam to me)

G-Reco looks p dope this fall as well. Feels better to be a Gundam fan than it has for a good long while.

DY_nasty

00 was objectively aite. I couldn't fuck with it at all though. Never liked any of the designs personally.

I think I watched all of that the same time I saw Rahxephon too. (Speaking of which - Rahxephon may be one of the most garbage shows I've ever seen, but it has one of the best single episodes ever. It makes no fucking sense.)

Also, yes, Geass fukkery is legendary. Show is full of a bunch of Dios.

Edit: I would've like E7 more if it was about the other girl and guy instead of Simp Prodigy and Eureka. Holland was a goon but man... I felt cheated.

Tokubetsu

Emma Sheen is the greatest

Also if you want to watch a good modern Gundam show, watch Gundam Build Fighters or Eureka 7(this is Gundam to me)

G-Reco looks p dope this fall as well. Feels better to be a Gundam fan than it has for a good long while.

Definitely. I liked 00 but that second season...then the movie...

ibgWxLLxMvksSt.gif

Mortemis

Banned
If you watched Geass for something other than the fuckery than you did it wrong. Geass was a masterclass in fuckery.

Exactly, I came to watching Code Geass expecting crazy shit since that's what people told me it is, and I enjoyed the ride. I came in watching SEED expecting a good gundam show and that lead to anything but that.

At least CG was enjoying to watch and fuckery was top notch, the only thing top notch about Destiny is how trash it was.

ibgWxLLxMvksSt.gif

Is the movie really that bad? Still haven't got to watching it and may not after all.

Tokubetsu

Exactly, I came to watching Code Geass expecting crazy shit since that's what people told me it is, and I enjoyed the ride. I came in watching SEED expecting a good gundam show and that lead to anything but that.

At least CG was enjoying to watch and fuckery was top notch, the only thing top notch about Destiny is how trash it was.

Is the movie really that bad? Still haven't got to watching it and may not after all.

If you thought the second season of 00 was bad to garbage tier the movie will make you lose hope in a decent non UC or UC related gundam altogether. Like if you thought Wing was too much with the pacifist shit...whew.

I also have the controversial anime (mecha anime too) opinion that Evangelion is garbage and that RahXephon > Evangelion. I hate Evangelion, I hate people who crusade for it, hate hate hate hate. I actually actively ignore people tout mad love for Eva on some opposing gang shit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: I would've like E7 more if it was about the other girl and guy instead of Simp Prodigy and Eureka. Holland was a goon but man... I felt cheated.

Gundam at its core is essentially the tales of frustrated space virgins

So Eureka 7 is in a way the perfect Gundam show

ibgWxLLxMvksSt.gif

The 00 movie was insane

Season 2 I can fuck with though since the fights were still good, even though the suits looked worse

The movie upgrades were straight up garbage though. Tieria went from piloting the best suit in season 1 to Raphael

I'd hate everything about that movie, but I can't hate Saji taking ghost Ribbons THE FUCK OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom