• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jado

Banned
Tumblrism is the new SJW since the latter is an easy red flag.

I've seen both and "feminist" used together in racist and anti-LGBT Youtube posts. The purpose is singular and blatant. Gaffers either being dumb or playing dumb.

All that shit that happens to you sucks btw. Sorry it's so rough. I've said some shit in the past to stir the nest and never had it 1/100 as bad as you.

Spinluck

GAF has its problems, but they're posting on Reddit. That's an even bigger L.

I will admit, Reddit can be pretty resourceful for certain things.

But yeah, there is a large chunk of it that is a shithole filled with angry nerds and losers.

Much prefer Gaffer overall, some of this shit on here isn't nearly as bad.

Jado

Banned
Ripclawe... I vaguely recall someone referencing his self loathing a couple weeks ago... I think after that guy posted about hating being black cuz white women didnt like him.

Ripclawe... I vaguely recall someone referencing his self loathing a couple weeks ago... I think after that guy posted about hating being black cuz white women didnt like him.

Yeah one who kept pushing that narrative a while back was CrushDance. Really fucking annoyed me since you know I'm with a black guy. Dude kept trying to paint all white women as black men haters and I couldn't say anything because "his experiences." Never mind that he came off like a fucking weirdo creep on the internet, can't imagine how much he freaked them out especially the way he kept fetishizing them and refusing to date outside that mold or whatever his problem was.

Spinluck

From that sub reddit, this shit is gold.
But still shit.

8jD4GV5.jpg

giphy.gif

ReiGun

I try not to judge cause I stay on my "all people are dope and deserve happiness/we are the world" shit but how fucking sad do you have to be as a human being to hold a grudge against someone over shit said on an online forum? Like, how little do you have to have going on in your life to dedicate portions of your day to some one-sided blood feud because someone was mean to you or banned you from NeoGaf?

I really, really want to know. Cause the shit is perplexing/fascinating to me. I've never even gotten mad enough over some Gaf shit to put someone on ignore. lol

Spinluck

I try not to judge cause I stay on my "all people are dope and deserve happiness/we are the world" shit but how fucking sad do you have to be as a human being to hold a grudge against someone over shit said on an online forum? Like, how little do you have to have going on in your life to dedicate portions of your day to some one-sided blood feud because someone was mean to you or banned you from NeoGaf?

I really, really want to know. Cause the shit is perplexing/fascinating to me. I've never even gotten mad enough over some Gaf shit to put someone on ignore. lol

Even in real life I try not to hold grudges against people.

Yeah, there will always be those people in your life you are better off avoiding, but at least I know I gave them a chance or a second chance if they deserve it. On GAF I usually forget arguments I've had the next day, and do not hold the past over the heads of other users (I've seen posters dig up dirt from years back). I do understand that sometimes certain people need to be called out on their shit, and other times it is for comedic effect.

When I go to sleep and wake up, I like to think of it as a fresh start. And I try my best to let go of petty feelings. If they wanna stay mad, then it is whatever--I won't lose sleep. It is surprising how butthurt some people can be about stuff posted on a gaming forum. One thing that isn't surprising is that haters like those Redditors seem to target and single out female posters a lot more on here, and it is not by coincidence. They are obviously not the only ones guilty of this, but it says a lot about these communities and why girls tend not to be as outspoken in them. Too many assholes.

J10

Banned
What's this thread about? Also. How do you even know who is black? All the avis are cartoon and games characters.

Serious answer: Nobody here cares who is or isn't black. This is kind of a sanctuary for cool people of all colors, Alligatorjandro and Slayven aside.

'politicians pander to X to get the X vote'

Romney on Florida radio was asked what his favorite fruits were and he went 100% tropical in a weird attempt to relate to Cubans and other Floridian Hispanics.

It is gross when its not a specific interest group like farmers or factory workers, but instead a ethnic or racial group.

Someone explain this shit.

10568846_10100871113663143_6909475276419167507_n.jpg

I mean...why?!

Serious answer: Nobody here cares who is or isn't black. This is kind of a sanctuary for cool people of all colors, Alligatorjandro and Slayven aside.

This x 100. I'm not even sure who is or isn't black and I really don't care. I just find BCT to be the only place on GAF in which I can discuss being black in America and have people understand and empathize and realize that shit isn't all peaches and roses. We have inside jokes galore; we talk about a myriad of things. If I found out tomorrow that everyone in here was Hispanic, it wouldn't change a thing.

And besides, BCT has a PonyGAF representative, I mean shit we're more diverse than OT.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That black privilege thing is hilarious.

My favorite is the privilege to commit violent crimes against other races without being considered racist.

There's so much going on in that one line

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
wtf

They made a new subreddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/NeoGAF_Sucks/

I Don't care that they are talking shit, but they are posting pictures of gaffers form the facegaf thread, its even in the banner. Is that even allowed legally?
A lot of people had issues with Sentry and another guy cataloging EVERYONE who posted a picture in that thread.

They swept a lot of the weird shit under the rug in that community. A lot of people don't remember, but it was started by bct guys. It was fun for a while too until it turned into a validation, stalking, and repressed emotion echo chamber.

That was probably the last time I let the site piss me off.

My mother in law is getting reckless....fighting with my wife and daughter over house stuff
My parents are fighting with my sister over custody of my nephew
......... I'm in the middle of all that shit

I just wanna play the Destiny beta brehs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My mother in law is getting reckless....fighting with my wife and daughter over house stuff
My parents are fighting with my sister over custody of my nephew
......... I'm in the middle of all that shit

I just wanna play the Destiny beta brehs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A Wrasslegaffer is on that heading image on reddit. We made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom