• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you kept the first half of that post a lot of people would have fell for it lol

I just edited it out so mods can still see it's satirical but most posters will get in there too late to notice. If I had just posted the first half I'm pretty sure I'd have been bished in a heartbeat.

Slayven

Where are all those dudes that say pedophilia is a just a sexual orientation? I remember we had a grip of them back in the day.

Trey

I've never seen a franchise as badly mishandled by its network as the Avatar franchise is mishandled by Nick.

There's some new bullshit surrounding the show every day now.

BHZ Mayor

I'd get banned real fast. I know when to stop posting.

Add another one to the list though. Groups of people easier to identify with than black kid

Damn. Never even thought about that. You're right too. So many more people here willing to try to understand and empathize with a fucking pedo than a black person or a woman.

Pedo gets his ass kicked for spying on a young girl in her bedroom: "He didn't deserve that. He just needs help for his mental illness."

Black person gets killed by a cop for whatever mundane activity: "He probably had drugs. He shouldn't have been giving that cop black crap."

Guy goes on murder spree because he can't get laid: "Oh just needed help for his mental illness. A woman should have given him head and this would've never happened."

Damn. Never even thought about that. You're right too. So many more people here willing to try to understand and empathize with a fucking pedo than a black person or a woman.

Pedo gets his ass kicked for spying on a young girl in her bedroom: "He didn't deserve that. He just needs help for his mental illness."

Black person gets killed by a cop for whatever mundane activity: "He probably had drugs. He shouldn't have been giving that cop black crap."

Guy goes on murder spree because he can't get laid: "Oh just needed help for his mental illness. A woman should have given him head and this would've never happened."

Like lil buddy who got spat at the other day. Had he retaliated he would more than likely be in the wrong.

I said this on the latest podcast. It's ALWAYS a mental illness and that as a result there should be sympathy and empathy. Black people? Well they must have done something to deserve their misfortune.

Shit is really sad when you realize the narrative.

Is being black that alien of an experience?

Only in the states. I have a few African friends here in Raleigh and the running gag among them is how most of them em feel like citizens until they have that first run in with American racism and they do label it American racism.

BHZ Mayor

The more I'm thinking about this, the angrier I'm getting. Like, adults that want to or have had sex with children get more benefit of the doubt than a person who just happens to have a different skin color or genital than them. It's fucking mind-boggling, but at the same time, not.

The more I'm thinking about this, the angrier I'm getting. Like, adults that want to or have had sex with children get more benefit of the doubt than a person who just happens to have a different skin color or genital than them. It's fucking mind-boggling, but at the same time, not.

Because women and black people are different from these people in an almost foreign manner, while any of them can be a pedo.

SmokyDave

Don't make the mistake of assuming you're reading the same opinions from the same people. This site will drive you fucking nuts if you think of the community as one big hive-mind, because it becomes one big bundle of hypocrisy and contradiction. You gotta remember you're dealing with thousands of people that all feel differently about different shit.

SmokyDave, you are probably the most likeable poster on this whole forum.

No dickride.
Ah, much appreciated, man. I've been a bit of a cunt over the last few months though, so I think you might be in a minority there ;)

Someone sent me a link to some cats on a Kanye West forum talking shit about me. That was a giggle.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't make the mistake of assuming you're reading the same opinions from the same people. This site will drive you fucking nuts if you think of the community as one big hive-mind, because it becomes one big bundle of hypocrisy and contradiction. You gotta remember you're dealing with thousands of people that all feel differently about different shit.

I felt the same way until I started checking post history before quoting people.

Its really why I stopped going to the OT as much as I used to. It really is a lot of the same people with others either chiming in through partial agreement or outright denial.

BHZ Mayor

Yeah, but it's hard not to since whenever certain topics come up, there are definite sways in the same direction every time.

SmokyDave

I felt the same way until I started checking post history before quoting people.

Its really why I stopped going to the OT as much as I used to. It really is a lot of the same people with others either chiming in through partial agreement or outright denial.
I'm not saying those people aren't out there, 'cause they definitely are. I'm just saying you should be wary of wrecking your brain over the apparent hypocrisy that is rampant in the OT because....

Actually I'm not even sure why. Because you've got better things to do?

Yeah, but it's hard not to since whenever certain topics come up, there are definite sways in the same direction every time.
Yeah, I dig that. Like I said, I've been mentally seething over a few 'disconnects' in how the board approaches similar things, but it's just a waste of time. Too many people to know who is a hypocrit, who is trolling, who has just expressed themselves badly, and who is just a dribbling fucking idiot.

Don't let it stress you too much is all I'm really saying.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not saying those people aren't out there, 'cause they definitely are. I'm just saying you should be wary of wrecking your brain over the apparent hypocrisy that is rampant in the OT because....

I'm a guy who regularly has 24 hour shifts. If I can make a guy drop what he's doing and delete 6 months of posts, ask a mod to be banned out of shame, or convince someone to join me on mirc tell me how I'm one of the good ones - I'll happily do it lol

BHZ Mayor

I'm a guy who regularly has 24 hour shifts. If I can make a guy drop what he's doing and delete 6 months of posts, ask a mod to be banned out of shame, or convince someone to join me on mirc tell me how I'm one of the good ones - I'll happily do it lol

Yooooo. This was classic.

SmokyDave

OK, what have I missed?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm gonna get got in the pedo robots thread, I'm irritated

Jado

Banned

Yeah, I dig that. Like I said, I've been mentally seething over a few 'disconnects' in how the board approaches similar things, but it's just a waste of time. Too many people to know who is a hypocrit, who is trolling, who has just expressed themselves badly, and who is just a dribbling fucking idiot.

Don't let it stress you too much is all I'm really saying.

I agree with this, but sometimes you just get reeled in and find yourself 5 hours into an argument.

What's the story behind 6-months-deleted-posts guy?

I have read something that literally made me vomit slightly. My day is ruined like fuck. The mental image and the amount of scratching I've been doing these past 10 mins...ugh.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

you tried to help him though

BHZ Mayor

i try to help everyone breh

edit: why did yal go in there? smh. this is all my fault

Nah, not really. I felt like it was too important of an observation to just leave in here, and I'd much not rather make some kind of meta thread, so yeah. In hindsight, I probably should've just waited for the next racial thread. The more I think about it, the more I want some discussion on why that is.

Trey

edit: why did yal go in there? smh. this is all my fault

It is, lol.

There's certain subjects I personally don't even bother with. Usually violent sexual crimes. There's really no discussions to be had in the setting of this forum because people take extreme stances on an extreme situation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So yeah, it's probably better to wait a while and calm down before going into threads guns blazing.

Are you building a thread for it though? It should be discussed. Glaring inequality in treatment of people committing crimes, etc.

besada

Banned
I think I'm gonna get got in the pedo robots thread, I'm irritated
Not by me you aren't. Just keep it chill. If I can keep calm when discussing pedophiles, anyone can.

I was serious about that thread, by the way, but I really do suggest BlackGAF and GirlGAF liaise for it, because both groups routinely see the same dismissive attitudes. I'll be happy to drop in and discuss our evolving moderation policy on the issue.

Kraftwerk

Rant:

I was at the park the other day drinking with friends. Just chilling on the grass and enjoying some sun.

The story of that poor dude came up who got chocked to death by the NYPD, Pretty much everyone was raging at the cops and said how horrible it is what they did to that man.

An hour or two later - after a couple of beers in all of us - someone randomly brought the subject back up. He started saying shit like :

"He shouldn't have resisted":

"That's what you get for doing illegal shit"

Then, to my amazement, 3-4 of the people in the group were agreeing with him"

All of them were whispering too "yeah....yeah...I agree" while hunching forward and constantly looking around to see who is there.

So I call them out on them literally saying how the guy deserved it, and why the FUCK are you assholes whispering.

"Well, no matter how right we are we will be called racist because the guy is black"

"yeaaaaah. see how pissed off you are getting"

I always try to keep a cool head. I had to prevent my two friends who are 6.4 and 6.6 from decking them. Should have just let them...

Sorry to bring this up, I know there is that other thread there. Just wanted to rant here. Amazing how these 20 something guys and girls who call themselves liberal and shit starting spewing that crap.

It feels weird being told by management that you actually were promoted, and being congratulated on one year of working at your job, yet still feeling like you ain't shit.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm a few chapters into RE: Revelations, but I've also got RE 6 sitting here unwrapped. Anyone here who's played both? RE: R isn't grabbing me as much as I'd hoped.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a few chapters into RE: Revelations, but I've also got RE 6 sitting here unwrapped. Anyone here who's played both? RE: R isn't grabbing me as much as I'd hoped.

RE6 had to grow on me but I enjoy some of it. I liked Revelations but it has a slow start. RE6 is tough to love for a lot.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Not by me you aren't. Just keep it chill. If I can keep calm when discussing pedophiles, anyone can.

I was serious about that thread, by the way, but I really do suggest BlackGAF and GirlGAF liaise for it, because both groups routinely see the same dismissive attitudes. I'll be happy to drop in and discuss our evolving moderation policy on the issue.

This is a great idea.

RE6 is wack as all fuck, if you're not running co-op. I personally think it's terrible, even with a partner, but I did have a couple of fun moments playing with someone else.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Played both.

Revelations is pretty fun for Raid Mode but the campaign is quite tedious.

RE6 has great mechanics and Mercenaries is where it really shines but like REV it's got a pretty rough campaign, unless you play with a buddy and laugh at the insanity. It's got other issues but I tend to love it for the Mercs alone.

It's hard to say if you'll like it or not as 6 is really a mixed bag. People either love it or hate it. I would just give it a shot and see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom