• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
I'm a few chapters into RE: Revelations, but I've also got RE 6 sitting here unwrapped. Anyone here who's played both? RE: R isn't grabbing me as much as I'd hoped.

RE6 is much more action oriented and has some of the best gunplay in the series.

J10

Banned
I'm assuming something's going down in the Dear White People movie thread since it's at 5 pages at this point?

Saltines.jpg

who are you?

Lol, just a long time lurker and a black dude who hates getting that shit said to me. And the irony? It's never other black people who say that. Well, I guess it isn't ironic. Makes sense they wouldn't want to hear it either. Didn't mean to offend. I forgot to do the whole intro thing

Where you're from - MD
Where you live- Cambridge, MA
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Mom is Nigerian, Dad is Cameroonian
Do you know your roots- Well, I've visited my relatives...and a lot of them still live overseas
Your Age- 24
Favorite musical genre- Rap/Hip Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- CS dude/Cofounder at a tech startup
Your religious affiliation- Christian?
Hobbies- Getting angry at race related threads on GAF, soccer, movies, anime

Lol, just a long time lurker and a black dude who hates getting that shit said to me. Didn't mean to offend. I forgot to do the whole intro thing

Where you're from - MD
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Mom is Nigerian, Dad is Cameroonian
Do you know your roots- Well, I've visited my relatives...and a lot of them still live overseas
Your Age- 24

Ay fellow Marylander, what part?

Silky

Banned
Lol, just a long time lurker and a black dude who hates getting that shit said to me. Didn't mean to offend. I forgot to do the whole intro thing

Where you're from - MD
Your Age- 24

Welcome.

Popeyes or KFC

Lol, just a long time lurker and a black dude who hates getting that shit said to me. And the irony? It's never other black people who say that. Well, I guess it isn't ironic. Makes sense they wouldn't want to hear it either. Didn't mean to offend. I forgot to do the whole intro thing

Where you're from - MD
Your Age- 24

I get it from black people, too.

Trey

Niggas in space.

Locke will probably be the goon ONI sends after the Chief until they meet up and come to a warrior's understanding whereupon they both fight the big bad of the game. One will die in a cutscene.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Niggas in space.

Locke will probably be the goon ONI sends after the Chief until they meet up and come to a warrior's understanding whereupon they both fight the big bad of the game. One will die in a cutscene.
"I'll hold em off Chief! Save that white woman!"

I think the first time that I ever got that was on a phonecall with my best friend years ago. He used to hang around the wrong crowd and he asked if he could add one of his other friends to the phonecall. He added this one kid and the dude instantly goes, "Oh, that's the spindashing you were talking about? He sounds white as fuck." Granted we were real young at the time but still.

DY_nasty

Speaking of that blue woman...

The decision to make her naked as fukk always blew my mind.

Spinluck

Where you're from - MD
Your Age- 24

Welcome friend!

Jado

Banned
I'm assuming something's going down in the Dear White People movie thread since it's at 5 pages at this point?

Yeah. I got Sham quoting my posts from throughout thread as if I'm saying anything wrong or embarrassing. Some light digging finds this guy to be a typical "we dont have all the facts" apologist in racism threads.

DY_nasty

Cortana has always been slightly sexualized but the more attention to detail on her in 4 was kind of cringeworthy
Yeah, it wasn't nearly as... crass in the other Halos.

Hated what she turned into in 4 too.

Asari are the only blue women I care for anyways.

Speaking of that blue woman...

The decision to make her naked as fukk always blew my mind.

Cortana has always been slightly sexualized but the more attention to detail on her in 4 was kind of cringeworthy

She could pass for a scrapped-but-ported-over asset from ONI in the original Halo, but yeah, it's kind of weird that she decided to stay naked when you've got other AIs in the haloverse with human avatars - and all the other ones are clothed. According to some of the EU, her look (at least Bungie's version) was based on her creator Halsey's appearance fresh out of college, so apparently she did a lot of partying. When it was just stylized abstract Jen Taylor it wasn't as weird, but making her look like Dylan Rider in Halo 4 drove it into "no no don't give me a hug before you go cortana this is so weird you're basically chief's mom this is all sorts of freudian and shit" territory.

DY_nasty

It is, lol.

There's certain subjects I personally don't even bother with. Usually violent sexual crimes. There's really no discussions to be had in the setting of this forum because people take extreme stances on an extreme situation.

That's the thing. I actually did work revolving around that kind of shit and there's like...

you can't scrub up everything in the world as a form of mental illness. Some people are just clearly bad and are self-aware and scariest of all - smart.

I actually spoke to a few people in the chat when I got selected for the shit. I don't regret it, but it was definitely one of those things that you can't 'un-experience'.

Those Halo Nightfall pics are off the chai- I mean, they're banan-...I really, really like the direction that they're going in. Teaser clip got me hyped.

Dad, will you play Destiny with me? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom