• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bt11d4KCIAApi72.jpg

Slayven, can you explain this tweet?

I'm not touching those threads but I bought that EA Access Pass because it's only five goddamn dollars, who gives a shit.

I love how stingy GAF gets when it comes to video games.

"Shovel Knight is $2.99 on a Steam sale? Wow what a pizza shit. It couldn't even realistically render on a SNES, maybe when it's free with an Olive Garden coupon I'll think about getting it."

"Wii U? More like no games! Once it's $5 completely new and comes with every game in the Wii library I'll get a refurb."

"Xbox One got a price drop to $150? Wow, and even after they screwed us over with DRM policies that never actually got enforced in the long run? I think I'm going to wait for a specially-themed Dragon Age 3 console before I even consider splurging. Microsoft's just been trying to steal my money since Windows 98 anyway."

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Man please

Act like yal wouldn't point any variance of hoodrat, redneck, valley girl, etc to the door. That isn't enough to call someone out on. There's plenty more obvious shit to light someone up on out here.

DY_nasty

This
I've been on the internet long enough but I can't tell if this is a expert troll or typical Gaf Racism....
I mean shit. I spent a good part of my life in a 1st world pothole and I'll be damned if I entertain a relationship with someone who is that setting personified. People being unable to communicate, people set in incompatible patterns of life, jilted perspectives, etc

No time for that. They'd have to be the diamond in the rough of the century - and those types of people only exist in movies and books.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love how stingy GAF gets when it comes to video games.

"Shovel Knight is $2.99 on a Steam sale? Wow what a pizza shit. It couldn't even realistically render on a SNES, maybe when it's free with an Olive Garden coupon I'll think about getting it."

"Wii U? More like no games! Once it's $5 completely new and comes with every game in the Wii library I'll get a refurb."

"Xbox One got a price drop to $150? Wow, and even after they screwed us over with DRM policies that never actually got enforced in the long run? I think I'm going to wait for a specially-themed Dragon Age 3 console before I even consider splurging. Microsoft's just been trying to steal my money since Windows 98 anyway."

The way I see it is:

Does it cost more than my lunch? If not, then fucking buy it.

Man please

Act like yal wouldn't point any variance of hoodrat, redneck, valley girl, etc to the door. That isn't enough to call someone out on. There's plenty more obvious shit to light someone up on out here.

Well of course, that shit is the extreme though.

Edit: LOL Angelus, god damn

This
I mean shit. I spent a good part of my life in a 1st world pothole and I'll be damned if I entertain a relationship with someone who is that setting personified. People being unable to communicate, people set in incompatible patterns of life, jilted perspectives, etc

No time for that. They'd have to be the diamond in the rough of the century - and those types of people only exist in movies and books.

I mean granted we don't know how extreme it was. Just seemed a lil off.

Went too hard out the gate. Too many holes that allow misinterpretation or obtuse maneuvering.

6/10

Potential to be explaining that post all day over and over while new people show without having read any of the follow-up while simply agreeing with the counterargument is high.

Come on, you should know by now DY as long as I've been on GAF. I've never gone back and explained my sarcastic posts.

DY_nasty

Well of course, that shit is the extreme though.

Edit: LOL Angelus, god damn
People's limits and kickbacks are extreme whether they want to admit it or not. I can't see anybody here caked up with ole girl with the Spiderman weave.

80s Batman never really sat right with me for the longest time because I guess I was brought up on the 90s series and all.

Whenever I see it in my TV guide listings, I always try and tune in. Also, I need to one day watch Batman Brave and the Bold.

People's limits and kickbacks are extreme whether they want to admit it or not. I can't see anybody here caked up with ole girl with the Spiderman weave.
Lol, well I guess I misinterpreted what that Gaffer said. He said "constant slang", so I was under the impression it wasn't any redneck/valley girl/hoodrat shit but more or less the type of talking used when around the brehs, something just a bit casual. That's perfectly fine with me.

To be honest, slang's alright with me. Call me old fashioned but what gets me the most is constant cursing.

Slayven

I feel the Israel thing i has so much history and is so complex that it would require me to do vast amounts of research to accurately to speak on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
80s Batman never really sat right with me for the longest time because I guess I was brought up on the 90s series and all.

Whenever I see it in my TV guide listings, I always try and tune in. Also, I need to one day watch Batman Brave and the Bold.

To me Batman is always more goofy and less dark. The super dark Batman always felt tryhard to me. I think that's why it never truly clicked with me. I always saw the Joker as someone who would do anything for a laugh, and to make himself laugh.

andthebeatgoeson

Nice. This quote:

The situation of how the child was shot remains unclear. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation in Eastman was called to investigate the shooting. Sheriff Wooten said a deputy, who was not named, was approaching the property when a dog ran up to him. The deputy’s gun fired one shot, missing the dog and hitting the child. It was not clear if the gun was accidentally fired by the deputy.

The deputy's gun fired the shot? They blaming the black gun now, y'all.

Slayven

To me Batman is always more goofy and less dark. The super dark Batman always felt tryhard to me. I think that's why it never truly clicked with me. I always saw the Joker as someone who would do anything for a laugh, and to make himself laugh.
Stupid Frank miller.

Just saw your thread, you ain't shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stupid Frank miller.

Just saw your thread, you ain't shit.

Thinking about it now, when I was like 11 or 10 I picked up The Dark Knight Returns and boy that was one fucked up book to read as a kid. My dumbshit 11 year old brain didn't register WHY it was so fucked up, just that it was.

Also
VlvP3za.gif

My young mind was so blown when my mother told me of the Adam West series, really.

Here I am, Batman action figures, posters, games... Always having Batman dropkick the fuck out of Penguin for no reason (and sometimes Catwoman too, I was not politically correct lmao) and my mom tells me that Batman wasn't so "sad and angry" when she was younger. Then I look into it further and apparently Batman guest starred with motherfucking Scooby Doo in the cartoon series. Didn't know how to feel about Batman being soft, haha.

I feel the Israel thing i has so much history and is so complex that it would require me to do vast amounts of research to accurately to speak on it.

I try and stay out of anything involving religion, politics, sports or NPD specifically because I'd probably have to take college courses on them before I could open my mouth without getting banned for ignorance.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The way I see it is:

Does it cost more than my lunch? If not, then fucking buy it.

Mine is even simpler.

Do I want it?

Can I afford it?

Then I buy it.

People too caught up in these warped value propositions on here to ask themselves these questions.

Instead people seem to complain about console prices and 60 dollar games all while spending upwards of 100-200 dollars during steam sales on stuff they'll probably never even touch.

andthebeatgoeson

I try and stay out of anything involving religion, politics, sports or NPD specifically because I'd probably have to take college courses on them before I could open my mouth without getting banned for ignorance.

About the only thing I can speak on with solid authority: shouldn't be killing kids. But us (USA) has already passed that line with drones. Now, it's just staring us in the face. That's an L for Obama.

Slayven

Frank Miller is cancer, and I always crack up at the number of people who think Mark Millar is Frank Miller.
Miller is like a benign growth that is easily removed. Millar is like walrus stage four anal and genitalia cancer.

Mine is even simpler.

Do I want it?

Can I afford it?

Then I buy it.

People too caught up in these warped value propositions on here to ask themselves these questions.

Instead people seem to complain about console prices and 60 dollar games all while spending upwards of 100-200 dollars during steam sales on stuff they'll probably never even touch.
Yeah, Too much blind loyalty in games. You make a product I want, and I buy it. end of discussion. That is why all these fools running off with kcikstarter money.

J10

Banned

That's why I just shut the fuck up about most stuff. The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

Do you derive sustenance form these types of posts and the reactions that follow? It's the only reason I can see you do them so often :p

Yes. That and it's a cop thread, so I expect there to be a sizeable defense force doing all kinds of mental tumbles to justify bad cops. So I just cut to the chase.

Thanos thread giving me jokes. So much passive aggressiveness.

I can't get over people flipping their shit thinking its a spoiler. Marvel confirmed Thanos many moons ago, hell they even announced his actor, people in the official thread was hyped to see what he is like. Typical Gaf knee-jerk reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom