• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Don't you have some Devo bathwater to drink?

giphy-14_20140428-081356_1.gif

Mumei

Pretty sure Mumei was the one behind the Thanos stuff in OT

I just wanted a break down on this... "ofay" that is being thrown around, we need your halp

Please, I have had nothing to do with that. And I just learned about ofay today. It doesn't really mean anything to me.

Mumei, my dear friend, are you ready for the new Murakami book?

Honestly, I'm not especially excited. I really have to be in the mood for Murakami, since I always know what I'm going to get from it.

I'mma be honest. For the longest time, i thought Mumei was female.

.......wait

ViewtifulJC used to know me on a GameFAQs board, where people also thought I was a girl. I see him trying to act like he still didn't know, though. I see.

Mumei, if you're reading this I'm ready for Monster. How good is the manga compared to the anime? I'm okay with watching the anime but would rather read it if the manga is as good.

The manga and the anime are identical; the main difference is that you experience them differently since the manga proceeds at whatever pace you can read it, whereas the anime's pacing is more measured. Some people feel that the voice acting, soundtrack, animation, and pacing adds to the sense of atmosphere; other people feel that it is too slow and it is to the detriment of the show. I watched the anime first and loved it.

Unfortunately, the original run of Monster is out of print and has been for years, but Viz is currently rereleasing it in a new oversized two-in-one edition with an updated translation... though only the first volume is out of nine thus far.

ViewtifulJC used to know me on a GameFAQs board, where people also thought I was a girl. I see him trying to act like he still didn't know, though. I see.

I'm legit shook right now...next you'll tell me you're not black, or you didn't mean any of those messages you sent me on AIM back in the gameFAQs days

also remember "AIM"? Lotta ofays on AIM chat back in the day

Mortemis

Banned
The manga and the anime are identical; the main difference is that you experience them differently since the manga proceeds at whatever pace you can read it, whereas the anime's pacing is more measured. Some people feel that the voice acting, soundtrack, animation, and pacing adds to the sense of atmosphere; other people feel that it is too slow and it is to the detriment of the show. I watched the anime first and loved it.

Unfortunately, the original run of Monster is out of print and has been for years, but Viz is currently rereleasing it in a new oversized two-in-one edition with an updated translation... though only the first volume is out of nine thus far.

Oh, they're making VizBig volumes for Monster? Well similar to vizbig anyways. I own the first few for Vagabond and like it, I wonder if it includes original color pages like Vagabond does. Looks like volumes 2 and 3 won't be out for a few more months.

I guess I'll try out the anime first. Can't find it on any legal streaming sites though.

Mumei

I'm legit shook right now...next you'll tell me you're not black, or you didn't mean any of those messages you sent me on AIM back in the gameFAQs days

also remember "AIM"? Lotta ofays on AIM chat back in the day

I am still on AIM. I talk to Beef and Dev and quinkles and pigeon (when he's actually there, the bastard) and a few people from before. I think I actually am logged in at home right now, but I'm at my neighbor's house right now.

Oh, they're making VizBig volumes for Monster? Well similar to vizbig anyways. I own the first few for Vagabond and like it, I wonder if it includes original color pages like Vagabond does. Looks like volumes 2 and 3 won't be out for a few more months.

I guess I'll try out the anime first. Can't find it on any legal streaming sites though.

Viz Signature edition, same height and width dimensions as Pluto or 20th Century Boys:

71YJYSKaSlL.jpg

And yes, there are color pages:

613j0frItOL.jpg

As well as redrawn panels, which probably won't matter if you haven't seen the original art but I like the changes, and when they all come out it'll look like this:

Bsq2EtVCQAIiOKM.jpg:large

I think the weirdest thing about that Sonic thread (besides the topic being "discussed") is that someone admitted to not only searching for Rule 34 stuff, but he timed the internet on how fast it took. Shit like that is just...why? Oh boy, you sure got those Sonic fans by subjecting yourself to shit.

I want it to be Devo, so that there will be riots. She become a mod, this board will turn into The Purge

So Community is everywhere outside the US, then?

I still think that's the dumbest plot hole in recent memory. Seriously, rich folk, book a trip overseas. You know exactly when The Purge is going on. If you're poor, immigrate to a neighboring territory, get jailed overnight. Sorting out passport issues is a lot more ideal than getting killed / mugged / used for bloodsport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom