• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Viz Signature edition, same height and width dimensions as Pluto or 20th Century Boys:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71YJYSKaSlL.jpg[IMG]

And yes, there are color pages:

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/613j0frItOL.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ah, sig editions. Nice that there are color pages. I'll probably pick up the first volume first then watch the anime once I can find a way to watch it.

[quote="Mumei, post: 123545897"]As well as [URL="http://www.labasesecrete.fr/la-retouche-graphique-dans-les-editions-deluxe-de-naoki-urasawa/#monster"]redrawn panels[/URL], which probably won't matter if you haven't seen the original art but I like the changes, and when they all come out it'll look like this:[/QUOTE]

Holy crap that makes a large difference, I'm talking out of context from the manga but some of those that change the facial expressions change the whole tone or at least the character's moods. Didn't expect that, but it's really nice. I see you like the redrawn panels more judging from your avatar.

My boyfriend just said he needed space. We're already pretty spacey as-is, at least imo. I'm shipping off to bootcamp in, like, four weeks.

:(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'd honestly rather be gay in the Army than in the AF

crazy times we're living in

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Army is a hell of a lot harder/stronger/quicker on status quo changes than the AF imo. When it came to DODT repeal, shit changed over night. Plus with all the time in the field... man, you end up knowing people really, really good - and you have to work with them regardless of whether you can deal with it or not. Marines, Navy too.

AF doesn't do field events in garrison like that. (Navy has always been about that life otoh). And on top of that, they just kinda go on their own whims and shit until something is a massive issue in regards to a lot of things. They don't react to things until its shithashitthefan whereas the Army is constantly ready to overreact to the smallest infraction. Especially the newer rules and culture changes.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
My boyfriend just said he needed space. We're already pretty spacey as-is, at least imo. I'm shipping off to bootcamp in, like, four weeks.

:(

Damn man. :(

What is it about the internet that brings out the sociopathic bully in a person?

Back in the day, I'd say being anonymous. Now, I'd just say the perceived "distance" between people, makes people feel as though nothing can happen to them if they voice a "character" or their "true selves."

Mumei

Ah, sig editions. Nice that there are color pages. I'll probably pick up the first volume first then watch the anime once I can find a way to watch it.

Yeah, you're not going to find it in the U.S., really. Only the first fifteen episodes were officially released on DVD, and it's no longer streaming on Netflix (and that was dub only, which is rather flat and affectless), and the anime license has lapsed at any rate. At this point, the only options are to buy it from Australia (and an appropriate DVD player and blah blah blah) or try your luck elsewhere.

Holy crap that makes a large difference, I'm talking out of context from the manga but some of those that change the facial expressions change the whole tone or at least the character's moods. Didn't expect that, but it's really nice. I see you like the redrawn panels more judging from your avatar.

I do! And yeah, it does. The change in facial expressions definitely does change the tone of the scenes, or it more accurately reflects the character's state of mind at the time.

I feel like Mumei has bodies in oil drums somewhere.

What!

Shouldn't you be watching anime

Yes, he's supposed to be watching Monster.

Gorillaz

Mumei since you deal with pop and popgaf can you explain this shit from Katy Perry thread

huge.gif

why does it just get up and walk away like that

Furyous

My cheatriots hate is a right below my Heat hate. If people are blaming Tony Dungy for Vick , can we blame Belichick and the "Patriot Way" for Hron Aernandez aka WHO? NEXT QUESTION AKA NEVER HEARD OF EM. Fuck the Heat. Heat nation is shit tissue. We laugh at your misery you conglomeration of vagaband coked head fucks.

Now onto some positivity:

The breakfast club interviews Onyx. THIS SHIT IS CLASSIC

http://www.power1051fm.com/pages/onair/breakfast-club/#25038486

*EDIT*

FREDRO IS A FUCKING CLOWN. Dude it's an interview on a nationally syndicated morning show. You can't take the time to answer a question about a video footage of yourself speaking Brandy giving head into existence? I wish social media existed back then so these fugazi tough guy rap niggas could get exposed. By the way, Charlemagne won this supposed beef by standing his ground like a G.

Oh and for the record, Fredro is on camera saying fifty punched his friend backstage at some show and Fif swung at him and missed.

Why don't sistas wear the jersey dresses anymore? That used to make me hotter than July.

Look at that sexiness.

tumblr_li999qquqx1qfwshko1_500.gif

Mirah-carey-Jersey-Dress.jpg

Couldn't find the pic of the JS sister wearing her Lakers one.

Infinite

Why don't sistas wear the jersey dresses anymore? That used to make me hotter than July.

Look at that sexiness.

tumblr_li999qquqx1qfwshko1_500.gif

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Mirah-carey-Jersey-Dress.jpg

Couldn't find the pic of the JS sister wearing her Lakers one.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Miley Cyrus and Katey Perry will soon wear one and subsequently be credited for "bold epic new jerseys"

DominoKid

mariah in the wizards dress will forever make me weak.

mariah_jersey.jpg

but i think it's good that we left that in the past along w/ the jackets w/ every team logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom