• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Read Age of Ultron. lol at the time traveling, but it was aight besides. I like the comics when it stays at these kinds of power levels. There's still tension.

And both make great comics and games.

Two sides of a coin, far as I'm concerned. No real need to choose.

The only comic video games worth playing are the Arkham series

Spider-man should be up there considering how damn fun those movie games were during the raimi era but his latest stuff is kinda wack

As for movies. Xmen singer-verse>>>all

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
and that's really unfair. its not like DC is directing World's Finest or whatever the fuck its called

Spider-man should be up there considering how damn fun those movie games were during the raimi era but his latest stuff is kinda wack

Ultimate Alliance is dope. DCUO and Marvel Heroes but do numbers (DCUO's run is pretty impressive to considering all the uphill they've faced).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MUA was so dope. Great costumes. So good.

Pinball FX2 is probably the best comic game out there though. Those tables are so great.

ReiGun

As for movies. Xmen singer-verse>>>all

I haven't played Ultimate Alliance, but I've heard good things. MvC is always dope.

We need more character action games from both companies. Someone needs to slide them Platinum's number.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Marvel Puzzle Quest is also a lot of fun, but not for everyone.

American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg

That's a pretty-ass dog.

Not sure if I'd get one cause they're huge and if I did I'd definitely get it professionally trained, which ca be pricey.

I have a pretty small terrier that was essentially handed off to me when he was 2 weeks old and it fucked up his ability to be socialized.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I have no horse in this race, but the one thing I don't get when it comes to the dog arguments, is that it's always assumed that the person must have done something wrong or been a shitty owner, whenever an accident happens. Never fails.

Some dog owners get on my nerves with that shit, more-so than people with their, "but he/she is an angel and would never do that" nonsense.

DY_nasty

I have no horse in this race, but the one thing I don't get when it comes to the dog arguments, is that it's always assumed that the person must have done something wrong or been a shitty owner, whenever an accident happens. Never fails.

Some dog owners get on my nerves with that shit, more-so than people with their, "but he/she is an angel and would never do that" nonsense.

Because its painfully common.

People think they've trained their dog well - dog doesn't respect their voice at all. If your dog doesn't even pause at a serious tone/inflection of your voice, you fuckin lost.

Edit: My roommates for example. They think that their dog is angel and all that jazz. They playfully argue with it and shit like its fun but every time the dog crosses a line (trying to eat off the counter top, barking in the house, etc), its an argument. As in their dog argues[/I with them. Its not cute to me. My dad and I used to train Rotts. You don't argue with a fucking animal. And then they playfight with it which isn't a problem in itself, but when your dog is so confused as to what is and what isn't playing - then, again, you fuckin lost. They can't even keep their dog's mouth closed.

But to them, their dog is perfect. Because it knows how to sit if you hold out a treat. That's the big issue with a lot of people. They don't know what trained means.

Jado

Banned

TBH, pit bulls and many other large, powerful dogs should not be under the ownership of inexperienced/uneducated pet owners. Never mind attacking people, forget that. Just focus on how a lot of them end up in kill shelters because the owners couldn't handle them day to day.

It's crazy how many first-time owners jump right into difficult and large dog breeds, and end up regretting it. I have a Japanese Chin, almost 9 years old... still would not feel at ease handling mid-large size dog. My next would be as big as a king charles cavalier, french bulldog, maybe another Chin... or maybe a smallish bulldog if I had the space.

strobogo

Banned
From my personal family experience, pitts/rotts are way more chill than most dogs. One cousin had a pitt/rott mix that was the friendliest, sweetest dog I've ever met. He was dope. He also had 2 other pitts that were also very nice, well behaved, never bit anything human or animal. No aggression. Just really nice dogs.

Another cousin had a pitt/lab mix that was super fucking rad. My mom had a Lhasa Apso. She bit a mailman and a neighbor. Then she had pups. The runt went to my grandparents, my mom kept one, and the others were given away. About a year later, the mom and daughter dogs were trying to kill each other every day and had to be kept in separate rooms at all times. The runt my grandparents got frequently tried to attack the pitt/lab mix until she finally bit back.

So...idk, in my experience, pitts have been nothing but rad dogs, and the small sweet dogs have been much more aggressive.

DY_nasty

From my personal family experience, pitts/rotts are way more chill than most dogs. One cousin had a pitt/rott mix that was the friendliest, sweetest dog I've ever met. He was dope. He also had 2 other pitts that were also very nice, well behaved, never bit anything human or animal. No aggression. Just really nice dogs.

Another cousin had a pitt/lab mix that was super fucking rad. My mom had a Lhasa Apso. She bit a mailman and a neighbor. Then she had pups. The runt went to my grandparents, my mom kept one, and the others were given away. About a year later, the mom and daughter dogs were trying to kill each other every day and had to be kept in separate rooms at all times. The runt my grandparents got frequently tried to attack the pitt/lab mix until she finally bit back.

So...idk, in my experience, pitts have been nothing but rad dogs, and the small sweet dogs have been much more aggressive.

Throwing this out there.

Maybe the training on the larger breeds was started early and maybe the small dogs are on that other shit because they're 'cute' when they're assholes.

A reckless Pitt/Rott is a hell of a lot more damaging than a smaller dog because they're simply bigger and stronger.

ReiGun

Eh.. DC not doing as good on that front right now, atleast IMO anyway. Not saying marvel is a bastion of quality though.

They're not putting out game changing shit, but there's still good-great books. The whole "The entire New 52 is trash" narrative is pretty annoying.

strobogo

Banned
Idk, my cousin and his wife/her family are pretty trashy people living in a trashy area and definitely never had their dogs trained.

Cat

My younger brother has a dog that's half pitbull and half German Shephard. She barks up a storm when someone's at the door, but she's a real sweetheart otherwise.

Innocent_by_SonKitty.jpg

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
My younger brother has a dog that's half pitbull and half German Shephard. She barks up a storm when someone's at the door, but she's a real sweetheart otherwise.

They can be trained out of that (i'm not implying she is poorly trained by the way).

I had two Rottweilers back when i still lived in Nigeria.

DY_nasty

these small ass maps in the new gundam dynasty warriors game are killing me
Idk, my cousin and his wife/her family are pretty trashy people living in a trashy area and definitely never had their dogs trained.

not a rule just a trend

strobogo

Banned
these small ass maps in the new gundam dynasty warriors game are killing me

not a rule just a trend

Yeah. I think the vast majority of dogs aren't really trained. Like, they are trained to not shit in the house and stop when you tell at them or learn what not to do, but I don't think most dogs are getting real training from real trainers.

Mumei

That's a pretty-ass dog.

Not sure if I'd get one cause they're huge and if I did I'd definitely get it professionally trained, which ca be pricey.

I have a pretty small terrier that was essentially handed off to me when he was 2 weeks old and it fucked up his ability to be socialized.

APBT Pibbles are 30 - 70 pound dogs. They're mid-size. If you see one that's 100, 110 pounds or bigger, it's a) mixed with something else like a mastiff or w/e, or it's a similar-looking breed like a Dogo Argentino. They're lap dogs, basically.

APBT Pibbles are 30 - 70 pound dogs. They're mid-size. If you see one that's 100, 110 pounds or bigger, it's a) mixed with something else like a mastiff or w/e, or it's a similar-looking breed like a Dogo Argentino. They're lap dogs, basically.

I've had really small dogs most of my life, so medium sized dogs are huge to me. My current one is about 15 pounds. I always feel bad for medium+ dogs that get cooped up in a house or tiny yard, so I doubt I'd go that route unless I managed to find a house with a sizable yard.

AfroMW

Because its painfully common.

People think they've trained their dog well - dog doesn't respect their voice at all. If your dog doesn't even pause at a serious tone/inflection of your voice, you fuckin lost.

Edit: My roommates for example. They think that their dog is angel and all that jazz. They playfully argue with it and shit like its fun but every time the dog crosses a line (trying to eat off the counter top, barking in the house, etc), its an argument. As in their dog argues[/I with them. Its not cute to me. My dad and I used to train Rotts. You don't argue with a fucking animal. And then they playfight with it which isn't a problem in itself, but when your dog is so confused as to what is and what isn't playing - then, again, you fuckin lost. They can't even keep their dog's mouth closed.

But to them, their dog is perfect. Because it knows how to sit if you hold out a treat. That's the big issue with a lot of people. They don't know what trained means.

It always surprised me when I noticed dogs here not being bothered by the tone of their owners.

All the dogs we raised where I grew up knew they were in trouble if the tone changed

Village

They're not putting out game changing shit, but there's still good-great books. The whole "The entire New 52 is trash" narrative is pretty annoying.

People saying all of its bad, its annoying.

The DC sucks narrative , also annoying , very annoying when I was SBF related content.

That said... a lotta new 52, not the best.

I was about to start playing DCUO again because I was bored, these fools at the college messed up my paycheck and the lady who handles it went on vacation. Now I gotta be broke for a week untill I get compensated.

I see we're posting dogs. Here's mine. Her name is Winter (largely because of this picture, which we received of her after contacting her owners.

JrQy6hV.jpg

rxccBVY.jpg
5lQlSTN.jpg

This dog. She wouldn't and couldn't hurt a damn fly. She's a pretty hyper Aussie Shepherd to be sure, but that translates to simply running around a lot and jumping on my guests and I and wanting to play. Rarely barks, never bites, always very pleasant, very observant and alert. 2 yrs old now. She'll bark at you until she can smell your hand, then it's time to play. As a dog born to run, I'm kinda sad she doesn't have the space to run around and herd sheep like she would have if she was in the Outback, but such is life.

Peaceful, happy, loyal dogs ftw. Ya'll can keep them viscous, dangerous models to yourselves.

Slayven

I see we're posting dogs. Here's mine. Her name is Winter (largely because of this picture, which we received of her after contacting her owners.

JrQy6hV.jpg

rxccBVY.jpg
5lQlSTN.jpg

This dog. She wouldn't and couldn't hurt a damn fly. She's a pretty hyper Aussie Shepherd to be sure, but that translates to simply running around a lot and jumping on my guests and I and wanting to play. Rarely barks, never bites, always very pleasant, very observant and alert. 2 yrs old now. She'll bark at you until she can smell your hand, then it's time to play. As a dog born to run, I'm kinda sad she doesn't have the space to run around and herd sheep like she would have if she was in the Outback, but such is life.

Peaceful, happy, loyal dogs ftw. Ya'll can keep them viscous, dangerous models to yourselves.
Is that a cape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom