• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
GOTG got people catching feels. I've got a couple of character nitpicks, but it was fucking great. I'd put it under Winter Soldier and above Days Of Future Magneto.

iAwRhxG1POc4C.png

you'd think a community thread for minorities would be better about this kinda shit

Lol @ dahell mai. Yea... Crabs gonna crab crabilly. :/

Aim_Ed

My post made me look racist toward Indians. xD

I posted this elsewhere but I saw Thiesmann's, Kevin Ware and the Slamball injury live. I will not be watching this one.

Man, you've seen some shit, this is the only one I've seen live, and I was just about ready to cry.

Fresh Prince outtakes episode is playing on ABC Family. Seeing the cast bonding together (everyone dancing to Apache), and seeing James Avery is hitting me in the heart right now :(

ReiGun

Guardians of the Galaxy was alright. I don't know where this "best Marvel movie ever" talk is coming from, though. Did these niggas even see The Winter Soldier?

strobogo

Banned
Guardians of the Galaxy was alright. I don't know where this "best Marvel movie talk is coming from" though. Did these niggas even see The Winter Soldier?

I'm pretty sure every thread for every Marvel movie has "Best Marvel movie so far". Some assholes really loved Thor 2, by far the worst Marvel Studios production.

Mortemis

Banned
Man, what is with me and comic movies, always getting sold out and missing it. Our fault though, we always end up going to the last showing and getting there late w/o buying tickets beforehand. Like I'm glad this movie's doing good but I was tryna see this tonight. No ones tryna mob to another theater so I guess I'll catch it tomorrow.

Everyone saying it's great is getting me more hyped. I think I'll read through some gotg comics now instead, since I got MU might as well.

iAwRhxG1POc4C.png

you'd think a community thread for minorities would be better about this kinda shit

I had an Indian room mate once, and it was only bad when he let his brother stay for a month. He would wake me up in the morning to talk to his fiancé in India, annoyed me whenever I played games/questioned my work ethic, and mocked my cooking. But that's one Indian out of the hundred nice ones I have met. My room mate hated him too.
I'm only talking about the ones in west Houston I've dealt with in the last few months. The ones i know from the north side are cool

also WTF comcast just randomly decided to double people's speed here in Houston there has to be something behind this they caught wind of to do this kind of speed increase. People will be getting 100 Mbps speeds

ReiGun

Cue someone to list all the mediocre DC movies not Batman by Nolan as to how awesome DC has been in the film game.

Who actually does this, tho? I mean, unless you count the Vertigo movies most sane people agree it's Nolan and Burton Batman, and Donner Superman. No one's riding out for Green Lantern or Catwoman. I doubt most people have even seen Swamp Thing. lol

Winter Soldier was just a damn solid action movie that happened to feature a Marvel character lol. That opening scene tho!

Who actually does this, tho? I mean, unless you count the Vertigo movies most sane people agree it's Nolan and Burton Batman, and Donner Superman. No one's riding out for Green Lantern or Catwoman. I doubt most people have even seen Swamp Thing. lol

Did you see that "comic book movie diversity" thread?

Gorillaz

Seeing GOTG tomorrow but Cap 2 was the one of the few movies in the MCU where I felt was actually good all around just because. It could have left out the ending stuff but whatever. It and Ironman 1 are the only movies that really stand on it's own

ReiGun

Winter Soldier was just a damn solid action movie that happened to feature a Marvel character lol. That opening scene tho!

Did you see that "comic book movie diversity" thread?

I must have missed that one. Or maybe I did read it and all comic movie threads really are just melding together on account of just being the same damn thread every time.

Seeing GOTG tomorrow but Cap 2 was the one of the few movies in the MCU where I felt was actually good all around just because. It could have left out the ending stuff but whatever. It and Ironman 1 are the only movies that really stand on it's own
I agree. IM and TWS are the only movies where I feel like I'm not giving them extra points for being about comics characters I like or apart of this shared universe shabang.

andthebeatgoeson

Other groups, including the NAACP and the National Urban League, side with Internet providers and oppose subjecting those companies to greater oversight. They claim strict net neutrality rules would deter broadband companies from expanding service in their communities, preventing more minorities from adopting the Internet.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5630074

NAACP is cool with net neutrality? Ain't shit. Stop using us as a bogey man. How would net neutrality stop them from expanding service?

And why does it feel like I'm going to break my leg here in bed? Damn PG.

Kreed

3) Indians are the rudest people ever

Like DY said this type of talk is BS and it is never cool to throw human beings of any group in a box. One of my coworkers at my old job was Indian and was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. When he first started at the job he had just moved from India to the US so he hadn't figured out the US concept of the "personal space barrier" yet and was giving random people in the office shoulder massages. I had to explain to him the concept before someone got the wrong idea/he got in trouble. Really nice guy all around though, and most US born Indians I've meet/been around have been cool too, so don't let your bad experiences mess up your thinking about a whole group.

Unless I misunderstood you and we're still calling Native Americans "Indians" in 2014?

Like DY said this type of talk is BS and it is never cool to throw human beings of any group in a box. One of my coworkers at my old job was Indian and was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. When he first started at the job he had just moved from India to the US so he hadn't figured out the US concept of the "personal space barrier" yet and was giving random people in the office shoulder massages. I had to explain to him the concept before someone got the wrong idea/he got in trouble. Really nice guy all around though, and most US born Indians I've meet/been around have been cool too, so don't let your bad experiences mess up your thinking about a whole group.

Unless I misunderstood you and we're still calling Native Americans "Indians" in 2014?

no actual people from India and it's only the dozen or so i've encountered on the west side of town who are far more annoying and rude then the ones from the northside of Houston

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Was walking home from a night out with work peeps last night. The pavements near my apartment are big enough for two abreast. There's this woman walking in the same direction as me, and as i get closer to her, i step out into the road to give her a wide bearth. I did this because it was 1am, we were the only ones on that street and I wanted her to feel safe.

As i walked past her, I saw that she had taken her keys out of her bag, put them between each or her fingers and had her hand clenched in a fist, with the keys sticking out.

My instant reaction (internally) was to get a bit upset at seeing that. Then a few seconds later, i had to check myself. I realised that it wasn't up to her to know if i was a potential threat to her or not. On an empty street at 1am in the morning, everyone is a potential threat really. Especially a black dude.

It was quite the moment of clarity really.

Slayven

Was walking home from a night out with work peeps last night. The pavements near my apartment are big enough for two abreast. There's this woman walking in the same direction as me, and as i get closer to her, i step out into the road to give her a wide bearth. I did this because it was 1am, we were the only ones on that street and I wanted her to feel safe.

As i walked past her, I saw that she had taken her keys out of her bag, put them between each or her fingers and had her hand clenched in a fist, with the keys sticking out.

My instant reaction (internally) was to get a bit upset at seeing that. Then a few seconds later, i had to check myself. I realised that it wasn't up to her to know if i was a potential threat to her or not. On an empty street at 1am in the morning, everyone is a potential threat really. Especially a black dude.

Should have tipped your fedora and said "m'lady".

If only she knew you were as soft as booty meat.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
no actual people from Indians and it's only the dozen or so i've encountered on the west side of town who are far more annoying and rude then the ones from the northside of Houston

and if people substituted indians with black people in that shit you'd be feelin some type of way

generalization sucks

"naw breh, i was only talking about these particular ones. there are plenty of good ones"

come on man. come the fuck on

and if people substituted indians with black people in that shit you'd be feelin some type of way

generalization sucks

"naw breh, i was only talking about these particular ones. there are plenty of good ones"

come on man. come the fuck on

i'm not generalizing (the original statement yea but i failed to add more to it) if i was then my statement that about lesbians would be that they are all pregnant. But as it stands it was a fact every single Indian i've met on that side of town has been rude

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
first off - you're still doing it

special secondary note -> if literally every single person from a certain race in a certain area reacts to you in a particular way, its you. not them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom