• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is the person just happens to be a handful of them in a single area and they "stick out" b/c the area is heavily hispanic and gay, some black and white and everyone else is crazy minority

you guys got me thinking i'm Stephen A Smith in here so i need that tv money

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How do people get so angry over slang? I don't even find FreeMufasa topics too difficult to figure out for the most part.

To most, its simply an annoyance. To some in that crowd in that particular thread - its threatening. People don't know what's being talked discussed, they're missing out on certain parts of the discussion, jokes, insults, descriptors, etc and they don't know what they did wrong to cause such a thing. So may as well blame someone out of insecurity. There's a time a place for slang imo but generally.... its not that serious.
it is the person just happens to be a handful of them in a single area and they "stick out" b/c the area is heavily hispanic and gay, some black and white and everyone else is crazy minority

you guys got me thinking i'm Stephen A Smith in here so i need that tv money

stephen a beat around the bush to the point of it making him look stupid and like an asshole when all he had to say was "if you hit someone, there's a strong possibility you can get hit back" instead of all that mesh of bullshittery he threw out.

and yeah. either way. that's some bullshit. because you know if someone said the same shit in regards to people you know - you'd be tight about it.

Was walking home from a night out with work peeps last night. The pavements near my apartment are big enough for two abreast. There's this woman walking in the same direction as me, and as i get closer to her, i step out into the road to give her a wide bearth. I did this because it was 1am, we were the only ones on that street and I wanted her to feel safe.

As i walked past her, I saw that she had taken her keys out of her bag, put them between each or her fingers and had her hand clenched in a fist, with the keys sticking out.

My instant reaction (internally) was to get a bit upset at seeing that. Then a few seconds later, i had to check myself. I realised that it wasn't up to her to know if i was a potential threat to her or not. On an empty street at 1am in the morning, everyone is a potential threat really. Especially a black dude.

It was quite the moment of clarity really.

Yeah. Plus, I do that shit all the time myself.

Shit on the person not the people. Unless they are sonic fans, ain't none of them right.

RM6tzGP.png

bout to lose my job cause of you niggas lol

For real though, I beat my first Zelda game recently (lol): Wind Waker. The HD version specifically on the Wii U: That game is beautiful as hell, brehs. I want to kick my younger self for not wanting to try this series due to the toon look. If anything, that look made the atmosphere even greater. I have a bad habit of playing through Zelda games and never finishing them; I actually own 90% of them and now I'm gonna make it my goal to finish the ones I have.

Next is Twilight Princess. I remember being hyped for it when it was coming out but the colors never really sat right with me. I'll still play through it and hopefully it entertains me just as Wind Waker did.

bout to lose my job cause of you niggas lol

For real though, I beat my first Zelda game recently (lol): Wind Waker. The HD version specifically on the Wii U: That game is beautiful as hell, brehs. I want to kick my younger self for not wanting to try this series due to the toon look. If anything, that look made the atmosphere even greater. I have a bad habit of playing through Zelda games and never finishing them; I actually own 90% of them and now I'm gonna make it my goal to finish the ones I have.

Next is Twilight Princess. I remember being hyped for it when it was coming out but the colors never really sat right with me. I'll still play through it and hopefully it entertains me just as Wind Waker did.

At least it's not Skyward Sword. I remember getting really hyped for Skyward Sword, grabbing the collector's edition, putting it in, and 15 hours later dropping the game and never going back.

Every time I hear someone rave about it, I'm just like:

giphy.gif

At least it's not Skyward Sword. I remember getting really hyped for Skyward Sword, grabbing the collector's edition, putting it in, and 15 hours later dropping the game and never going back.

Every time I hear someone rave about it, I'm just like:

giphy.gif
It's a shame because I love the look of Skyward Sword, and to this day I still do. :( Gonna hurt when I finally get to it.

Was walking home from a night out with work peeps last night. The pavements near my apartment are big enough for two abreast. There's this woman walking in the same direction as me, and as i get closer to her, i step out into the road to give her a wide bearth. I did this because it was 1am, we were the only ones on that street and I wanted her to feel safe.

As i walked past her, I saw that she had taken her keys out of her bag, put them between each or her fingers and had her hand clenched in a fist, with the keys sticking out.

My instant reaction (internally) was to get a bit upset at seeing that. Then a few seconds later, i had to check myself. I realised that it wasn't up to her to know if i was a potential threat to her or not. On an empty street at 1am in the morning, everyone is a potential threat really. Especially a black dude.

It was quite the moment of clarity really.

I actively avoid singular white women late at night. Avert my eyes, step out of the way.

Silky

Banned
Wait Slayven you actually like Neptunia? I thought you were taking a piss at the people who actually like the series lol. It's trash.

I looked at Mikami's director talent and the only games I really liked from him were REMake, Dino Crisis, and P.N.03. Everything else has been mediocre/poor imo.

maybe that's why I have no hope in TEW? I thought it was just Vanquish and RE4 that bored the shit out of me

Wait Slayven you actually like Neptunia? I thought you were taking a piss at the people who actually like the series lol. It's trash.

I looked at Mikami's director talent and the only games I really liked from him were REMake, Dino Crisis, and P.N.03. Everything else has been mediocre/poor imo.

maybe that's why I have no hope in TEW? I thought it was just Vanquish and RE4 that bored the shit out of me
You didn't like RE4...

Nigga you ain't shit

Slayven

call me when mikami can actually make something with decent gunplay

to each their own lol. i thought the gameplay was trash. endless boring ass dungeons, character progression was way too slow--in fact a lot of it was really slow. even the animations

You got Rebirth coming out this month, fixes a lot of that.

KumaJG

I like the gameplay. Reminds me of .///hack

I love .Hack, never got around to finishing the series. Dragon Crown is amazing. People slept on that game. One of my favorite games of last gens. Can get repetitive. Definitely going to platinum the game when I get the platinum for Dragon Age.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
VJC, I think I tried to force myself to finish Superman 64. I just couldn't. No amount of mental trickery could fool myself into thinking it was fun.

Waste of a Blockbuster rental. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Totally hated Dragons Crown even though it looked like a perfect game on paper. Love beat-em-ups but something was lacking. It didn't have the flavor.

Crocodile

So I feel like I asked this question before - I don't remember the exact answer but I feel like I remember it not sitting well with me. Anyway, my understanding is that GOTG takes place at the same time as the Avengers (i.e. not in the distant future). If so, how do we have so many straight up human characters in GOTG? How did they get out there in space? It's not like some one off exceptions like Jon or Hal who were plucked off Earth by the Lantern Core or what not. Starlord, at least at the start of the IP to my understanding, is a nobody right? Space travel isn't common amongst the human population and given Starlord et al. are adults, they didn't show up yesterday. So what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom