• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Storm's new look yeah?

XMen_1_Cover.jpg

Man, Brian Wood can take an interesting concept and do absolutely nothing with it

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah I know right.

Such a good fucking game. If it's your first time through then rock pistols. You'll thank me later.

I haven;t played it since release but it aged REALLY good compared to a lot of stuff

I love this game.

Silky

Banned
I haven't finished that run of X-Men yet, but I need to. Ready to start All New X-Men.

X-Force got me worried about Marrow tho ; ~;

Kreed

You know, I'm not opposed to invoking Natural's Law. Comparison of other oppressed people to black people often helps me personally understand the things that those oppressed groups complain about. I have a basis in the things that I already take to be inherent truths.

The problem is more often when a majority group makes the comparison.

The main issue I have with people invoking Natural's Law is that it is ALWAYS black people that GAFers want to bring up (especially when Prop 8 happened and GAFers like Gaborn (RIP) and Kryptonian and others went on the war path). There are so many other ethnic/minority groups on the planet that have gone through issues. Just ONCE can someone bring up a South Korean comparison? Or an Indigenous Australian situation? Or any other group besides the "default" one for inequality comparisons?

Trey

Does marvel ever come up with new superheroes? It seems like it's been the same people since the 70s. Every notable character I looked up: "first appearance in 1968".

Kind of makes it difficult to tell new stories with new heroes if the same twenty people have been saving the world and universe for decades.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Does marvel ever come up with new superheroes? It seems like it's been the same people since the 70s. Every notable character I looked up: "first appearance in 1968".

Kind of makes it difficult to tell new stories with new heroes if the same twenty people have been saving the world and universe for decades.

yes. they make new characters all the time. some time they stick, sometime they dont, and sometimes they are garbage(see ruby summers and alpha)

What are the best new characters in comics then?

new ms marvel seems to be popular. damian wayne is also a fan favorite

Best part of theist is that they put their heads down and close their eyes to pray. Allowing me to sneak off and get cake unnoticed at my grandma's birthday party.

Slayven

All the time. Hell the new new wars is like 65% new heroes

Like Sungirl

KumaJG

I loved it as a kid, but I was a kid. I just remember seeing the cutscene with blood and being like 'oh shit this is forreal.'

Still worth giving a try. I recall it getting incredibly difficult later on though. Now Legend of the Dragoon is a shitty rose tinted game, avoid that one.

I already bought it lol So far my list of ps1 rpg consist of. I am not playing Chrono Trigger because because I read/watch to many spoilers lol.

FFVI
Vagrant Story
Grandia
Wild Arms
Xenogears
Arc The Lad II
Legend of Dragoon

J10

Banned
Who's the mutant girl who creates time bubbles? She popped up during Decimation along with a handful of new mutants. Did they do anything with those characters?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wild Arms got a really decent update. Legend of Dragoon... man, I liked it. But it has aged horribly. It's got a perfect amount of cheese imo but its a long drudge to say the least. Imagine a Tales game without the humor.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wild Arms got a really decent update. Legend of Dragoon... man, I liked it. But it has aged horribly. It's got a perfect amount of cheese imo but its a long drudge to say the least. Imagine a Tales game without the humor.

So it's tales of the abyss?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I already bought it lol So far my list of ps1 rpg consist of. I am not playing Chrono Trigger because because I read/watch to many spoilers lol.

FFVI
Vagrant Story
Grandia
Wild Arms
Xenogears
Arc The Lad II
Legend of Dragoon

does grandia work on the vita?

Trey

All the time. Hell the new new wars is like 65% new heroes

Like Sungirl

yes. they make new characters all the time. some time they stick, sometime they dont, and sometimes they are garbage(see ruby summers and alpha)

new ms marvel seems to be popular. damian wayne is also a fan favorite

Cool. Just read a few event/crossover series and it's just the same assholes. Getting bored of them already.

They do, but they hardly ever stay around. I'd like to see some new heroes shine and Marvel has finally done that with The Guardians of the Galaxy who have only been around since 2008 I think.

I'm aware of the late 60's team, but they're completely different and I think the original team wasn't around for long.

I'd like to see DC promote some new heroes too and give them an animated series, movie, or live-action movie.

Trey

Also I don't comics much but I thought
draxx
was stronger then he is in guaedians when it seemed only
groot
was powerful

How the movie did Gamora is the real tragedy.

goes from most dangerous woman in the galaxy to
getting choked out, damseled, and only revered because she's associated with Ronan - who himself is a scrub.

How the movie did Gamora is the real tragedy.

goes from most dangerous woman in the galaxy to
getting choked out, damseled, and only revered because she's associated with Ronan - who himself is a scrub.

Yea Gamora got turned into the typical damsel in distress. Shit was wack as fuck.

J10

Banned
saldana didnt do a convincing job?

Movie Gamora was being held back by a couple of lowlife Ravagers while Yondu and Quill argue over the plot.

Comic Gamora would have just killed everyone in the frame three seconds into that argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom