• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

deli2000

The leadership is progressive. And will ban the shit out of people who can't articulate their opinions civilly.

GAF reflects the hardcore gaming demographic very thoroughly. The more unsavory parts of it are just generally suppressed, but foolishness bursts through the seams all the time.

At this point, I don't know why people are surprised.

The mods are probably the best i've seen on any forum i've been on. But then they have to deal with a lot of garbage in gaming and OT.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ihB1u3lK8paor.gif

Yeah. He was in a suicide thread once saying how the person was just an attention-whore. I called him out, and he got banned. Once he got unbanned he send me a PM on how "If I was happy that I got him banned" and some shit like that. Couldn't make this shit up.

He's unstable as hell. In every picture he's ever posted he looks like the mortal enemy of soap. Shown clear issues at every opportunity to show clear issues.

I've seen guys get hit with the "get professional help" ban for much, much less.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The mods are probably the best i've seen on any forum i've been on. But then they have to deal with a lot of garbage in gaming and OT.

Definitely. I feel great coming on here, safe even because I know the mods won't tolerate a lot of the bullshit.

Can't say the same for some of the other sites I've been on.

deli2000

"I'm not racist or sexist, because I'm an asshole to everyone*"

*Mostly minorities and women*

It's crazy how many people think that they're not sexist/racist just because they say they are. Ironically the very assumption that they have the final decision on that is racist/sexist

Village

Who done did what they done done in what thread?

Every time I finish playing balrog in SF, there is trouble a foot after I check this thread.

It really blows my mind that the insular Community threads are the most collected in most cases, but with OT and Gaming's opinion pieces mostly being random "anyone can join in" approaches, it just turns into mods shooting fish in a barrel after a while.

Late on this, but I'd love another Gamecube-era console generation for Nintendo as long as they had some baseline hardware standards. I'm happy with the Wii U, but it really turned me off with all of the well-known Gamecube and most Wii games having awful sound fidelity and graphics and all that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big stickler about graphics, but it was disappointing seeing some of those titles (like the Metroid Prime series) being sub-HD, stuff like Twilight Princes having struggle soundfonts on Casio MIDI keyboard levels, etc.

So, my bf and I got back together. I got some opinions and people thought I was being rash for trying to not even give things a chance over distance. I just couldn't handle losing him right now and he was the same way. It only lasted a few hours if that, but it's possible to get back together and not have a relationship turn into an "I thought you two were broken up" sort of thing, right? I had a really unhealthy on-and-off, enemies-with-benefits sort of situation with a girl before this guy and it turned me off from real relationships for a while.

Mortemis

Banned
Man, reading through that thread you guys are talking about, you could easily copy some of those posts and paste them into a dictionary for an example of unempathetic. Jesus.

I definitely agree with you guys about the gamecube. It brought some of my favorite games from Nintendo, and I'm glad they were really experimental. I wish they still were, but I get that they aren't in a position to do that. Splatoon though reminds me of something I'd see on the GC, and I really like what I saw.

In those threads treating women and minorities decently is some kind of idealistic "we're never going to get there" proposition. Oh how convenient for you.

Man you know a thread is the best when you're essentially told despite all the shit you go through, you're not an expert in that thing that constantly holds you down, patronizes you and renders you voiceless.

Nawp, women aren't experts in sexism mate.

DY_nasty

Just got back in. Went to this Japanese place for some me-day birthday sushi to splurge on myself a bit before I pack it all in. Had the worst service I've ever seen in a long time. Didn't even place an order. I looked through the menu for about 5 minutes and just up and left.

Got myself a 1lb burger from Fuddruckers though and found Alpha Protocol for 4.49 as well as SO:Last Hope INTL edition for 20.

notbad

Just got back in. Went to this Japanese place for some me-day birthday sushi to splurge on myself a bit before I pack it all in. Had the worst service I've ever seen in a long time. Didn't even place an order. I looked through the menu for about 5 minutes and just up and left.

Got myself a 1lb burger from Fuddruckers though and found Alpha Protocol for 4.49 as well as SO:Last Hope INTL edition for 20.

notbad

Shitty service sucks. Like "oh you don't want this tip or business? Okay asshole bye."

I do not bother to sit through that nonsense anymore.

You know, I'm not opposed to invoking Natural's Law. Comparison of other oppressed people to black people often helps me personally understand the things that those oppressed groups complain about. I have a basis in the things that I already take to be inherent truths.

The problem is more often when a majority group makes the comparison.

DY_nasty

You know, I'm not opposed to invoking Natural's Law. Comparison of other oppressed people to black people often helps me personally understand the things that those oppressed groups complain about. I have a basis in the things that I already take to be inherent truths.

The problem is more often when a majority group makes the comparison.

So what you're saying is

there are certain situations where comparing things to certain issues that a minority has faced works - though many times, its just a complete asspull.

And that thread you made is definitely wynning too. Like... I thought my troll game was fierce but I've never seen someone so deliberately kick off GAF fukkery like that. Maybe not since Lovingsteam was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom