• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizza Hut > Dominos.

In every country i have lived, the above has been fact. Gospel even.

As someone who lives in a part of the country with proper pizza let me lay down the truth.

They are both shit, but pizza hut is a greasy mound of dough while dominos attempts to be a form of pizza. Im not above eating either of them because cheese on bread is delicious almost always, but pizza hut is bad. Not LC bad but still bad.

deli2000

In the UK at least it's Dominos > Pizza Hut. Luckily there's a Pizza/Indian place 5 minutes from my house that destroys both of them.

Pizza Hut > Dominos.

In every country i have lived, the above has been fact. Gospel even.

Except for when there's a quality NY-style or Chi-town alternative.

But Pizza Hut > Dominos is like Popeyes > KFC and every other form of Grits > Sugar Grits.
Only fuckery can result in the alternatives.

It was fucking Lil Caesers...never been so mad, that shit was worse than 2 Bros dollar slices. I was starving and only ate a slice. Meanwhile dude is like, isn't this the best affordable pizza ever. Still salty about the entire situation

...in Brooklyn? The fuck?

Slayven

There use to be a place called Funtime Pizza around here that was crazy good, and 5 for a large. Way before Lil Caesars, Their pepperonis was always a little burned but ti made them better.

The strugglest of pizza is Cicis.

x Misogi

I always get Papa Johns because i have a never-expiring 40% coupon from them (gf works for the state), but I prefer dominos

edit: first time I went to CiCi's it wasn't that bad until about 3 hours later. Then someone went to the counter and requested Mac and Cheese pizza and they were like "Coming right up!"

gdb.gif

Never again

Slayven

I always get Papa Johns because i have a never-expiring 40% coupon from them (gf works for the state), but I prefer dominos

edit: first time I went to CiCi's it wasn't that bad until about 3 hours later. Then someone went to the counter and requested Mac and Cheese pizza and they were like "Coming right up!"

gdb.gif

Never again

We use to hit up CiCi because it was right across from work. All the pizza tasted the same, literally. It was firmly on the border of cheap enough and I will pay a little more to do better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Never again

...whats the online code for that 40%

Trey

I get local pizza. Much better than what chain pizzerias put out.

" i gotta get these poors health care, so now you gotta pay more for pizza. "

Honestly I'd rather him bitch about it a little and raise the cost 17 cents than just cut hours and fire workers like many other businesses do.

Village

I get local pizza. Much better than what chain pizzerias put out.

Of course.

Not just pizza, its the place on the outskirts ( and yes I said outskirts because that Is the only way I can accurately describe the look of that place, this DC/MD area when you coming from PGC and I have lived in the DMV area for a good chunk of my life) of DC, that has the best subs.
Strait up, these god like sausage subs.

Honestly I'd rather him bitch about it a little and raise the cost 17 cents than just cut hours and fire workers like many other businesses do.

Its not all bad.

Order

Papa Johns over here ain't shit. They got the most dry, crusty ass, no sauce having pizza I've eaten.

Pizza hut>>Dominos>>>>Papa Johns

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yea I remember these. Used to grab like 10 on a Friday night and they would be gone by Sunday morning.

Also in reference to Dominos, I find its quality varies the most by region. It has also gotten better in recent years whereas Papa John's & Pizza Hut seem to remain consistent over time by region.

BHZ Mayor

the one Pizza Hut in my area that's consistently good > Papa John's > Domino's > all the other Pizza Hut's with their struggle amounts of sauce and sometime struggle undercooked dough > Little Caesars

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I'm partial to CostCo food court pizza over the Pizza Huts and Papa Johns of the world. They don't deliver and they don't have more than a few options, but short of going to a specialty joint that asks for $20+ a pie, it's pretty good.

Mr. Gatti's is good if you want drugs, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom