• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Korean cinema is too good at times. Like I'm sitting here watching "Murderer"; the movie opens with this woman getting her back blown the fuck out on some Lexington Steele type shit. And they're showing it all (minus cock and pussy); got the two sweating like crazy. Camera pans to husband watching from a crack in the door, he leaves. Camera shifts back to the two going at it…then husband comes out of nowhere and stabs dude in his side midstroke; then stabs him again. Blood gushing everywhere; wife is so damn tramatized she doesn't even scream...husband stabs her twice in the chest. So far this entire movie is basically telling the viewer, "these people ain't shit, and their lives are fucking miserable."

We need more dark shit like this; Hollywood movies are like Japanese videogames…too damn happy with all that "it all works out in the end!" "If you try your best you'll succeed" shit.

I don't see the appeal of what you're describing.

Just seems like a typical slasher flick scene. Victims are portrayed in immoral acts like adultery or drug dealing so the audience feels better about watching them get mutilated by the killer

We have that crap over here too

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone legitimately tell me how Seanspeed has NOT managed to get permed? I can't figure it out.

RP912

Banned
Too early to get the scoop on what went down in this thread.

*sips coffee*

On another note...I dust off my ps2 slim and played some def jam vendetta....game is still the greatest and I hate fighting dmx.

Reversal combo having mofo.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why give him attention here though, we all know what he does. If you want to call him out, do it in the threads themselves. Just saiyan.

In more reluctant jackben dating news, tinder is crazy.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Jados post was cool and all but im not about to start treating him like a celebrity

We know what he is now. The benefit of that is that now we know there's no point in engaging him or acknowledging his views

BHZ Mayor

Kt7TGTw.jpg

I don't see the appeal of what you're describing.

Just seems like a typical slasher flick scene. Victims are portrayed in immoral acts like adultery or drug dealing so the audience feels better about watching them get mutilated by the killer

We have that crap over here too

We really don't; most of that B grade shit here is "death for lulz". There's a very real reason why the viewer is shown that outside of "ah mah gawd, she cheated on me...gotta kill her!"

Slasher flicks are straight up garbage through and through. No one watches those for the story; there is a very real story here. It doesn't end happily ever after for everyone other than the main white female character. Who then subsequently is tormented by this same killer for another 5 sequels because.

Bruh if you are a lover of Korean movies like myself, watch I Saw The Devil, best Korean movie ever made. Also The Main From Nowhere is the shit as well

Saw all of those. I felt ISTD was a poorer version of Pak Chan-Wook's Vengeance trilogy. A bit more straight forward; I get the message of him becoming like Kyung Chul; but I felt it was so/so. I liked ISTD mostly because the cinematography was great. Ahjussi is a great film though, the final shoot out sequence is too good.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
We really don't; most of that B grade shit here is "death for lulz". There's a very real reason why the viewer is shown that outside of "ah mah gawd, she cheated on me...gotta kill her!"

Slasher flicks are straight up garbage through and through. No one watches those for the story; there is a very real story here. It doesn't end happily ever after for everyone other than the main white female character. Who then subsequently is tormented by this same killer for another 5 sequels because.

Idk im just not into that kind of gratuitous violence/sex as it comes off as being there to titilate the audience. It's the same reason I can't fuck with shit like berserk or black lagoon.

But I don't like making excuses to not see things for myself and I think you have pretty good opinions on entertainment, so I'll check it out this weekend

KumaJG

Saw all of those. I felt ISTD was a poorer version of Pak Chan-Wook's Vengeance trilogy. A bit more straight forward; I get the message of him becoming like Kyung Chul; but I felt it was so/so. I liked ISTD mostly because the cinematography was great. Ahjussi is a great film though, the final shoot out sequence is too good.

Ahjussi almost had a brother tear up lol.

If anyone here uses Grubhub I have a $5 off promotional code I not going to use. Valid til midnight Sunday.

Idk im just not into that kind of gratuitous violence/sex as it comes off as being there to titilate the audience. It's the same reason I can't fuck with shit like berserk or black lagoon.

But I don't like making excuses to not see things for myself and I think you have pretty good opinions on entertainment, so I'll check it out this weekend

It's not really that gratuitous, it lasts for about 5 seconds. I was mostly amazed at how much of the sex they showed as compared to US film where I question if they would even imply two consenting adults just bumped uglies and it get a theater release (which feeds back into my hate of American cinematography's "the world is a great place! Everything ended okay!" approach). Like to give a better perspective, one of the characters is psychologically scarred due to an "I was almost killed as a little kid" situation, and she runs into a guy who triggers her panic attack when she puts two and two together. Her mom is an alcoholic who is never there for her and stays out till 11 or later drinking; and this young girl (probably 14) has to walk to where ever she is and get her. Her father cheated on her mother with another woman and had a kid; is making bank and basically tells the daughter "that's life. adapt or die".

They just don't cover shit like that in US films unless it's a film starring Sandra Bullock as the amazing white mom who saves the poor black kid from his horrible life. Or it gets a straight to DVD release (The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete is criminally underrated. Sigh).

I don't know, I just like films in which the suspense build up is because you genuinely don't know if everything is going to end well for the characters. I've watched many a Korean film in which...shit doesn't end too well for characters and when the ending was "happy" there was still clearly some scarring that went on.

Looking at the box office releases for the last year, I don't really see anything like that unfortunately. Even those "feel good but so sad" movies that Hollywood pumps out from time to time are so damn cheery. The Fault in Our Stars, I haven't seen it but based on the last 15 years of American cinematography I imagine the girl with cancer dies at the end; but somehow everything is okay because her life was just fucking amazing and her boyfriend is super happy he met her...cue in some sappy pop ballard; bright and cheerful coloring and you have a summer hit.

What kind of pizza

Dominos pan pizza. I'm not a pizza snob, so this shit is good to me. Double the cheese + pepperoni and it's cooked to perfection.

Damn, DY got popped

Self requested

Pizza Hut > Dominos.

In every country i have lived, the above has been fact. Gospel even.

Speaking of struggle pizzas, I remember visiting my boy in Brooklyn and he's hyping this pizza spot and how great their pizza was. It was fucking Lil Caesers...never been so mad, that shit was worse than 2 Bros dollar slices. I was starving and only ate a slice. Meanwhile dude is like, isn't this the best affordable pizza ever. Still salty about the entire situation

Furyous

Korean cinema is too good at times. Like I'm sitting here watching "Murderer"; the movie opens with this woman getting her back blown the fuck out on some Lexington Steele type shit. And they're showing it all (minus cock and pussy); got the two sweating like crazy. Camera pans to husband watching from a crack in the door, he leaves. Camera shifts back to the two going at it…then husband comes out of nowhere and stabs dude in his side midstroke; then stabs him again. Blood gushing everywhere; wife is so damn tramatized she doesn't even scream...husband stabs her twice in the chest. So far this entire movie is basically telling the viewer, "these people ain't shit, and their lives are fucking miserable."

We need more dark shit like this; Hollywood movies are like Japanese videogames…too damn happy with all that "it all works out in the end!" "If you try your best you'll succeed" shit.

America's collective head would explode. Imagine a black guy (I'm talking Chlidish Gambino everyman black) pounding a white conservative's wife and keep the ending. FOX NEWS WOULD BE MAD AS SHIT. OBAMA ENDORSES CUCKOLDING. Hollywood would fuck around and start a new trend. Then again, this is hollywood we're talking about. The crazy husband would be black and they'd find a way to link this to OJ.

Silky

Banned
What? Dominos got way better over the years. Still will eat those over fucking Pizza Hut.

Papa Johns is best chain pizza. Shame I haven't found a good local spot in GA yet.

I really have been spoiled by local Chicago food. Everything local here outside of grilled food has been trash. Like fuck, I gotta drive an hour out of atlanta to find a good hoagie. Still can't find a place that makes a decent gyro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom