• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 90 degrees and the air is off in my office while they're fixing one of the broken units.

Stank-face.jpg

Kreed

You really think he's gonna contribute to this topic once this blows over?

I was saying he was going to come back to respond to your post. Since his first post in this thread was to defend his friend and that's all he's done since, I don't expect him to actually contribute.

Korean cinema is too good at times. Like I'm sitting here watching "Murderer"; the movie opens with this woman getting her back blown the fuck out on some Lexington Steele type shit. And they're showing it all (minus cock and pussy); got the two sweating like crazy. Camera pans to husband watching from a crack in the door, he leaves. Camera shifts back to the two going at it…then husband comes out of nowhere and stabs dude in his side midstroke; then stabs him again. Blood gushing everywhere; wife is so damn tramatized she doesn't even scream...husband stabs her twice in the chest. So far this entire movie is basically telling the viewer, "these people ain't shit, and their lives are fucking miserable."

We need more dark shit like this; Hollywood movies are like Japanese videogames…too damn happy with all that "it all works out in the end!" "If you try your best you'll succeed" shit.

Korean cinema is too good at times. Like I'm sitting here watching "Murderer"; the movie opens with this woman getting her back blown the fuck out on some Lexington Steele type shit. And they're showing it all (minus cock and pussy); got the two sweating like crazy. Camera pans to husband watching from a crack in the door, he leaves. Camera shifts back to the two going at it…then husband comes out of nowhere and stabs dude in his side midstroke; then stabs him again. Blood gushing everywhere; wife is so damn tramatized she doesn't even scream...husband stabs her twice in the chest. So far this entire movie is basically telling the viewer, "these people ain't shit, and their lives are fucking miserable."

We need more dark shit like this; Hollywood movies are like Japanese videogames…too damn happy with all that "it all works out in the end!" "If you try your best you'll succeed" shit.

I was with you till the last sentence-what American games don't have happy endings (other than
Last of Us
)?

Just caught up.

You're good, Molly. But when you ask "why would we put up with it," just know that that's the reality of being black. It doesn't matter how you dress.

Feel free to post here again, though.

Y'all been busy while i was asleep.

i didn't even look at BCT the entire day and mostly been on GAF working my TLoU thread, but MollyAttack sounds like a white woman so i'm taking her side over all of ya'll like Troy in Community

Troy: Sorry man. I got to go where the heat it... Do you know where the cleanest bathroom is?
Annie: Teachers lounge

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
you guys are tripping

you should be hoping that people post that kind of thing in here. wtf

andthebeatgoeson

I think that's the answer on how I've drawn these judgmental conclusions. Growing up in the midwest, unless you live IN the cities, I feel like the black population is nearly non-existent. My exposure is limited. I don't judge people who dress that way as dangerous or violent, but I will admit that I judge them as uneducated. I am NOT saying they are, by any stretch of the imagination, but it is my first impression. It is hard to shut off judgement. We do it unconsciously at times. I try hard not to, but it happens regardless. I guess I think of it as uneducated because the media does only display the negatives of black culture. The gang shootings in Chicago, for instance. Everyday you hear about them on the news, and everyday they roll some footage of a group of black men dressed in that style and you just start to make associations. That's why I asked my question. I know a lot of people that make the same association - or make the association you pointed out where that style = dangerous, violent, criminal. Wouldn't you want to distance yourself from that if you could? I promise this is an innocent question.

We are judgmental creatures and I am fully at fault in doing this. We judge based on first impressions before even getting to know the person. I'm not saying that it is okay to do that by any means.

Good point. It is not any different.
One point: fuck Chicago. One of the most racist cities in America. I'm not advocating gangs but, like Palestine, you can't segregate, isolate a population, remove all opportunities for advancement, then wonder why they turn to crime. America does it's best to help out some people and it's best to put other people in the worst hole. For instance, farmers. America gives some farmers money to not grow crops. Fucking bull shit. What happened to capitalism? Pulling yourself up by your boot straps? Some how, only welfare is considered welfare. Not medicare, social security or any farm bill. It is okay to be paid for not doing any work, unless you for a description.

So, your not going to get positive remarks when you've been influenced by ignorance. The Chicago police? Racist as shit. The unions and neighborhoods? Same thing. And the shitty media? They'll do anything for a buck and to stay relevant. That's why newspapers have unmoderated comment sections that allow racists the chance to 'speak' their mind. Racist love crimes of the inner city.

Tldr: fuck Chicago.

KumaJG

Bruh if you are a lover of Korean movies like myself, watch I Saw The Devil, best Korean movie ever made. Also The Main From Nowhere is the shit as well

This infighting about intent.

Troll successful.

Come on y'all.

What happened to your avatar? Did you get permed? RIP Devo

I was with you till the last sentence-what American games don't have happy endings (other than
Last of Us
)?

Halo Reach was more "you guys helped keep humanity alive, even if all your friends are dead."

you guys are tripping

you should be hoping that people post that kind of thing in here. wtf

image.php

Slayven

So, I've been thinking. Perhaps it is my age group (I'm 22), but I find many african-american men are still are trying to have that "OG" persona and fit into the common stereotype. I am not black, nor am I even male, so I won't act like I know what's it's like to be either in american society, but do any of you find that it is/was hard to move out of that stereotype (if you fit it at all)? Do black men tend to move beyond that persona as they mature, or is it static?

I simply ask because I find myself attracted to black men, however I am not attracted to the "gangsta" style of the masses in my age group... maybe this is a regional thing but I think not. I have lived in the Midwest all my life, always around big cities (Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.) though the black population has never been particularly large in the suburbs. Perhaps I am just being exposed to such a small percentage that it seems like the majority are "Gs" but in reality, perhaps the majority really doesn't follow this trend?

I guess the stereotype I'm talking about exudes an immature and uneducated vibe. This may not be true and of course, who am I to judge anyone by how they dress or act, but it's what turns me away. In fact, I know it is not true a lot of the time. I went to high school in a wealthy area with black classmates that adopted the "G" look and persona. They were well educated, came from good backgrounds...I guess it's just how they liked to identify. Why would you willingly choose to fit yourself into a stereotype that is often looked down upon?

What do you all think? Hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, that's not my intention what so ever.

Some people take longer to move on from high school.

How you doing?

Silky

Banned
One point: fuck Chicago. One of the most racist cities in America. I'm not advocating gangs but, like Palestine, you can't segregate, isolate a population, remove all opportunities for advancement, then wonder why they turn to crime. America does it's best to help out some people and it's best to put other people in the worst hole. For instance, farmers. America gives some farmers money to not grow crops. Fucking bull shit. What happened to capitalism? Pulling yourself up by your boot straps? Some how, only welfare is considered welfare. Not medicare, social security or any farm bill. It is okay to be paid for not doing any work, unless you for a description.

So, your not going to get positive remarks when you've been influenced by ignorance. The Chicago police? Racist as shit. The unions and neighborhoods? Same thing. And the shitty media? They'll do anything for a buck and to stay relevant. That's why newspapers have unmoderated comment sections that allow racists the chance to 'speak' their mind. Racist love crimes of the inner city.

Tldr: fuck Chicago.

Yep.

hypernima

Banned
John_Crawford_II.jpg

Not surprised to know that the guy who was shot was black.

we got motherfuckers who brought real, full auto assault rifles into target to protest for their "rights", but a dude fool around with an airsoft that is sold in store and gets fucking shot.

i'm tired of this shit homie.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Can someone explain Neil deGrasse Tyson to me? He's like become this weird liberal idol. All over Facebook I see these stupid memes with him in it.

He's a decently cool, smart dude who did a bunch of Science channel and NOVA shows before hosting Cosmos. Compared to the rest of the astrocelebs, he's camera friendly, he's accredited, and he's not a quack.

Also, he nutted but she's still suckin.

cb7df31e_op9PWrr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom