• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

She said in an interview that she wants to wait until marriage now.

Didn't she marry an Island prince?
whoopi-goldberg-recording-artists-and-groups-photo-u21.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've asked this before, but I'll ask again since I'm about to buy the points

If I purchase a game on a regular 3DS, I'm able to transfer that game and save to an XL that I purchase at a later date correct?

It's not tied to any account as well right? Planning on buying a game on my brothers regular 3DS, and when I get an XL for Smash and MH4 I want to transfer that game and the save to my own machine.(since it has a sequel that unlocks content based on having a save from the first game)

Infinite

I think I've asked this before, but I'll ask again since I'm about to buy the points

If I purchase a game on a regular 3DS, I'm able to transfer that game and save to an XL that I purchase at a later date correct?

It's not tied to any account as well right? Planning on buying a game on my brothers regular 3DS, and when I get an XL for Smash and MH4 I want to transfer that game and the save to my own machine.(since it has a sequel that unlocks content based on having a save from the first game)
Yes you can. It's tied to the nnid that's tied to the console. You can transfer the nnid as well

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yes you can. It's tied to the nnid that's tied to the console. You can transfer the nnid as well

Ah that's what I was afraid of.

Since it's my brother's nnid apparently and I'm assuming I would get a different one with my system.

So in that situation transferring the game wouldn't be possible?

I mean I don't even know what an NNID does. Would we be able to play each other with the same ID?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo's account system is like reading circuit diagrams for the space shuttle.

It feels like that lol

Like I wouldn't bother you guys about it if I could find a straight answer online

Infinite

Since it's my brother's nnid apparently and I'm assuming I would get a different one with my system.

I mean I don't even know what an NNID does. Would we be able to play each other with the same ID?

I'm a little confused. Is your brother getting a new 3DS, transferring the games and saves you want to it, and giving it to you?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

A system transfer is a one way cut-and-paste, not a copy. What would happen is the new 3DS would get all of your brother's stuff, which would then be removed from his system. AFAIK, it's all in one shot, too. You don't select what transfers over, it all goes or none of it goes.

edit: from Nintendo
img-3ds-whatistransferred-739x1012.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little confused. Is your brother getting a new 3DS, transferring the games and saves you want to it, and giving it to you?

He has an XL and regular 3DS

I want to buy and play a game, so he's letting me borrow the small one to due so

I'm wondering if I'm able to retrieve my game and my save when I get an XL, or if that's not possible

I'm asking because I read that games were tied to the system and not an account, so my assumption(hope) was that they could be freely transferred/traded between systems independent of an account

but from what I gather, when you buy a game digitally, it isn't saved to the account, but still tied to an ID. So an NNID is really more of an inconvenient DRM method, than a propper account for a storefront

A system transfer is a one way cut-and-paste, not a copy. What would happen is the new 3DS would get all of your brother's stuff, which would then be removed from his system. AFAIK, it's all in one shot, too. You don't select what transfers over, it all goes or none of it goes.

oh it's even worse than I thought

I'll just hold off then. Got other things I can play

Infinite

You aren't required to make NNID when you get your new 3DS even if you were you're still able to do the system transfer. You would need your brother's NNID if he made one, to actually do the system transfer. After which you can desync the NNID from the new 3DS if you want.

Like Htown said you have to transfer everything. Can't just take your save and games. Gotta take all the data from the 3Ds. Yes it's dumb as fuck.

Htown

So does your brother use the small 3DS as well as the XL, or does he just use the one?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So does your brother use the small 3DS as well as the XL, or does he just use the one?

He uses both for reasons that are a mystery to me

The XL is some pokemon one he got in a contest and he basically treats it like it's God, so there's probably some ritualistic logic to what games he plays on which

So yeah my idea is out since wiping his system isn't an option. I appreciate the help tho guys

G-Fex

3DS is really one of the greatest portables along with the Vita.

the quality on these small screens impress me so much. It's downright insane.

Infinite

He uses both for reasons that are a mystery to me

The XL is some pokemon one he got in a contest and he basically treats it like it's God, so there's probably some ritualistic logic to what games he plays on which

So yeah my idea is out since wiping his system isn't an option. I appreciate the help tho guys

He has shit he care about on the regular 3DS?

What he could do is system transfer his shit over to his XL and sell you his regular one. So there you can just buy your games on that one and system transfer them over.

That or buy the games retail.

Htown

So what would need to happen is you would have to do some Professor Layton, transfer-water-in-these-differently-sized-jugs type puzzling for this to work.

You would need to make sure that your brother had all of the stuff he wanted on his XL (which I'm assuming is his primary system). Then, once he didn't have any of his stuff on the 3DS, you would need to reformat it to get rid of all his information, then put in all the NEW information (aka set up your permanent NNID, get everything set up how you want it, buy the game you want, etc.) Then when you get YOUR XL, a straight system transfer would get all of your stuff onto the new system.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So what would need to happen is you would have to do some Professor Layton, transfer-water-in-these-differently-sized-jugs type puzzling for this to work.

You would need to make sure that your brother had all of the stuff he wanted on his XL (which I'm assuming is his primary system). Then, once he didn't have any of his stuff on the 3DS, you would need to reformat it to get rid of all his information, then put in all the NEW information (aka set up your permanent NNID, get everything set up how you want it, buy the game you want, etc.) Then when you get YOUR XL, a straight system transfer would get all of your stuff onto the new system.

System transfer doesn't do anything to the data on the XL right?

That or buy the games retail.

Would if I could. Game is Digital Only

Htown

System transfer doesn't do anything to the data on the XL right?

Looks like the system transfer overrides application settings, and overwrites any duplicate save data (aka if both systems play Monster Hunter, the transferred save will overwrite the XL save, but the Mario save that only exists on the XL won't be disturbed.)

I do not know if the Friends list is overwritten or if new friend info is just added to the list.

Sorry, running up against the limits of my knowledge here.

It would be nice if this weren't such a giant pain in the ass, huh?

Are you looking to buy that one DSi game that is supposedly disappearing from the store, or just some other game you wanted?

Mortemis

Banned
Saw that reddit troll thread, and it turned out exactly how I thought. Defending him, shifting blame on the wife, dismissing it as fake. GAF is getting too predictable.

Dudes that are saying his cyber-bullying ain't a big deal are probably the same dudes that roll in to say everybody says racist shit when mad.

Moris here is a new blog for you

http://mindweaponsinragnarok.com/

FOH with that amateur hour shit.

It doesn't ask the important questions; questions about Paul Rudd. It doesn't CELEBRATE like it should; like the praising of Larry Bird, including several posts celebrating his amazing games in the 1987 ECF where he sent his Celtics to The Finals to get MOLLYWHOPPED by Magic Johonson.

Don't come at me with these Dr.Thunder blogs when I got Coke Classic on deck.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, running up against the limits of my knowledge here.

It would be nice if this weren't such a giant pain in the ass, huh?

Yeah. I never really realized how much of a mess this was until I tried to borrow a system.

Are you looking to buy that one DSi game that is supposedly disappearing from the store, or just some other game you wanted?

Nah it can wait. Just felt like playing the game this weekend if it wasn't too much trouble, but it is so I'll just hold off

Kreed

Ah, the CNN dude who defended JB and blamed him saying the n-word on black people. Fuck this guy. I'm not surprised at all that he's saying other shit.

It's too easy.

Are we really surprised a poster who names himself OJdaKiller is leading the troll defense force?

Mortemis

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom