• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

what.the.fuck

LGe0tAS.jpg

What kind of false correlation...

So, I've been thinking. Perhaps it is my age group (I'm 22), but I find many african-american men are still are trying to have that "OG" persona and fit into the common stereotype. I am not black, nor am I even male, so I won't act like I know what's it's like to be either in american society, but do any of you find that it is/was hard to move out of that stereotype (if you fit it at all)? Do black men tend to move beyond that persona as they mature, or is it static?

I simply ask because I find myself attracted to black men, however I am not attracted to the "gangsta" style of the masses in my age group... maybe this is a regional thing but I think not. I have lived in the Midwest all my life, always around big cities (Milwaukee, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc.) though the black population has never been particularly large in the suburbs. Perhaps I am just being exposed to such a small percentage that it seems like the majority are "Gs" but in reality, perhaps the majority really doesn't follow this trend?

I guess the stereotype I'm talking about exudes an immature and uneducated vibe. This may not be true and of course, who am I to judge anyone by how they dress or act, but it's what turns me away. In fact, I know it is not true a lot of the time. I went to high school in a wealthy area with black classmates that adopted the "G" look and persona. They were well educated, came from good backgrounds...I guess it's just how they liked to identify. Why would you willingly choose to fit yourself into a stereotype that is often looked down upon?

What do you all think? Hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, that's not my intention what so ever.

Some people take longer to move on from high school.

How you doing?

Just want to reiterate for those that missed it: a girl comes into BCT asking where she can find black guys that are less black. 5/10 people say that's pretty ignorant. 4/10 say they'd rather her come here and ask than just get "monogamy is a relatively infantile social construct" answers from OT. Slayven asks how she's doing.

Do they call you that because you're always slayven over white women?

kim can fuck whoever she wants. she's still an annoying shit at the end of the day.

also yeezus is just...smh whenever he speaks now. at least he still has beautiful music.

Slayven

Just want to reiterate for those that missed it: a girl comes into BCT asking where she can find black guys that are less black. 5/10 people say that's pretty ignorant. 4/10 say they'd rather her come here and ask than just get "monogamy is a relatively infantile social construct" answers from OT. Slayven asks how she's doing.

Players got to play.

Angelus, did buddy actually rope racism and hating kim k into the same category? I reread his post 10 times and I dont know whether i should i get angry or weep

Flawless!

Infinite

Ya'll seen this shit yet? Want to Avoid ‘Sketchy’ Neighborhoods? There’s an App for That—Created by White People.

SketchFactor, the brainchild of two white millennials, Allison McGuire and Daniel Herrington, allows people to rate the "sketchiness" of certain areas in major cities. McGuire came up with the idea after she relocated to the Washington, D.C., area, and found herself lost in the sea of “Chocolate City.”

The app, which launches today, asks people to submit their own sketchy stories to its website

Here's the problem with this app. I can see it now: White people not used to the "ungentrified" (that's probably not a word) areas of the gentrified neighborhoods they have flocked to will now go on a "rating profiling" spree, pointing out every little incident of blackness they notice. Welcome to the millennial version of racial profiling.

So just discovered "The Worst".

The song is now on rotation because of things that are happening right now in the House of Rio.

I smell another verse coming. More coherent then the first.

Infinite

I want salt like when this happened.

TaraThugLife.jpg

Kinda funny how kpop fans sweat kpop but all they do is emulate blackness and black culture but they scoff at it when actual black people are doing it. I had a kpop fan tell me that kpop "rappers" are better than black ones with a straight face. Shit like this is why I can't fuck with kpop no mo'

Slayven

With what horses have done for the black hair community you'd think they'd get done respect around here.
Boy has teeth

Kinda funny how kpop fans sweat kpop but all they do is emulate blackness and black culture but they scoff at it when actual black people are doing it. I had a kpop fan tell me that kpop "rappers" are better than black ones with a straight face. Shit like this is why I can't fuck with kpop no mo'

They emulate it so hard, in mix it wiht that weird sexual dynamic.I love going to through the groups and look at the "rappers" they are just singing fast. No flow or word play. Not to say they are not good Korean rappers, Epik High etc. But lol

a bit late but what did y'all think of black jesus?

god damn i loved it. i'm glad they kept it mostly straight too, i thought there would be mandatory adult swim fuckery in there.

Infinite

They emulate it so hard, in mix it wiht that weird sexual dynamic.I love going to through the groups and look at the "rappers" they are just singing fast. No flow or word play. Not to say they are not good Korean rappers, Epik High etc. But lol

Kpop rappers are usually just that. A bunch of macklemores with a tiny verse. I still fuck with f(x) and Amber tho heavy.

It's weird listening to a kpop song but it's basically a rihanna or missy elliot song with some "cuteness" sprinkle in it. They be trying to have it both ways but it don't work. Also, fuck Gdragon

Slayven

Kpop rappers are usually just that. A bunch of macklemores with a tiny verse. I still fuck with f(x) and Amber tho heavy.

It's weird listening to a kpop song but it's basically a rihanna or missy elliot song with some "cuteness" sprinkle in it. They be trying to have it both ways but it don't work. Also, fuck Gdragon

Heve you heard Red Velvet? Folks mad they jacking F(X) style/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom