• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
Doesn't NFLGAF have like an OT a week during the season.

I remember ToonamiGAF used to move way too fast. Made me not want to post there. Things calmed down now I guess, haven't checked that thread in a while.

I remember ToonamiGAF used to move way too fast. Made me not want to post there. Things calmed down now I guess, haven't checked that thread in a while.

NBAgaf would tear through OTs like mad too before it became an irrelevant cesspool of drive-by posters.

edit: shit, they seriously have had 49 posts in 4 days

I've heard of that. Wasn't there a huge banning that killed it or something. Can't remember what I read.

Some bullshit happened, won't go into detail unless you want a PM.

NBAGAF on straight Boondock season 4 levels of irrelevance. Not even an impromptu Kanye West ranking challenge can perk up interest.

Gafhop hasn't been the same without Blackace either, they've maintained a helluva lot better than NBA gaf though.

NBAgaf had a stretch last month where there was only 100 posts in a whole american week, not just a business week but sunday and the Sabbath too....god damn.

HaloGAF used to be pretty ridiculous back when Halo was good.

If you count it as a community, SmashGAF has some insane posting rates when there's news. Last OT only took 10 days, iirc.

Y'all see this new trend on Twitter that's like what if guys used makeup the way girls do or something. Shits funny

BuzEKCHCIAEcoaH.jpg

cdyhybrid

That's a good one too, but this is the one I meant

Number One

Hazel Fernandes

Ah right. Yeah, that's a good one.

Also like this.

We get an OT a week, but that's more for organizational purposes and not because we go through one a week. If some crazy shit happens or it's during the playoffs we might, though.

Y'all see this new trend on Twitter that's like what if guys used makeup the way girls do or something. Shits funny

Oh goodness...

Mortemis

Banned
Some bullshit happened, won't go into detail unless you want a PM.

Nah its cool, thanks though.

Am I the only one who feels like this gen hasn't really started yet?

Kinda, yeah. Don't have any next gen consoles yet, next gen starts with Destiny for me. Bayo 2 and smash are what I'm most hyped for tho.

Manga gaf move insanely fast

I post pretty regularly over there, and it really doesn't, at least compared to other communities. I don't post over in animeGAF but their new thread came later then the new mangagaf thread and already has more posts.

royalan

That Missy and Timbaland thread got my having a throwback moment.

Man, when Missy and Timbaland used to do it in the 90s/early 2000s? Magic. Timbaland would NEVER touch that greatness again.

Beep Beep
WHOOO got the keys to the jeep?
Vrrrrrrrmmmm
I'm drivin to the beach
Top down, loud sounds see my peeps
I give em pound now look who it be
It be me me me and Timothy
Look like 'bout to rain what a shame
I got the Armor-All to shine up the stain
Oh Missy, try to maintain

Malyse

Man, when Missy and Timbaland used to do it in the 90s/early 2000s? Magic. Timbaland would NEVER touch that greatness again.

Beep Beep
Vrrrrrrrmmmm
I'm drivin to the beach

😢

I liked Shock Value.

Kreed

I post pretty regularly over there, and it really doesn't, at least compared to other communities. I don't post over in animeGAF but their new thread came later then the new mangagaf thread and already has more posts.

The manga thread went down hill after the "smut Gaf" shit took over. Thankfully people have started making separate manga threads in the OT now so I don't have to wade through that crap as often.

Village

The manga thread went down hill after the "smut Gaf" shit took over. Thankfully people have started making separate manga threads in the OT now so I don't have to wade through that crap as often.

I take it you are not a fan of a lot of the manga being reviewed at any given time probably falls in the " lewd " category.

Mortemis

Banned

I don't really read any "smut" series other than shounen series like Akame ga kill or Soma. While I'm not a fan of all of the smut talk either but there's posters who can give you some good recs for what you're looking for, that's basically what I use it for.

Speaking about that, anyone here ever read prison school, I hear that shit's deplorable but I'm always seeing good things said about it.

"Aunt tits"

Dropped that shit, surprised I stuck through it for so long.

Trey

Smash is the busiest OT from what I can see. It will be on OT 18 or 19 easy by the time the Wii U version drops.

The new thread is on a 16 day pace, and a new character was last announced a month ago.

Slayven

BCT rolls at just the right speed.. Sht movies too fast you end up with groups of 2 or 3 people talking about 10 different things.

Beep Beep
Vrrrrrrrmmmm
I'm drivin to the beach

VA was poised to run hiphop/r&b....so good

Gorillaz

I like Toonamigaf for it's "offbeatness" and not going full animegaf with the scust stuff and Wrasslegaf for it's passive aggressive hate of the product

Gfex just mad that we called out that alt account, Horse, that we knew you were using.

XenodudeX

Smash is the busiest OT from what I can see. It will be on OT 18 or 19 easy by the time the Wii U version drops.

The new thread is on a 16 day pace, and a new character was last announced a month ago.

Smash hype is real. Whole lot of fucking nothing going on in that thread though.

G-Fex

I like Toonamigaf for it's "offbeatness" and not going full animegaf with the scust stuff and Wrasslegaf for it's passive aggressive hate of the product

Gfex just mad that we called out that alt account, Horse, that we knew you were using.

Get that sodium out of your body dingus, I had no alt.

Probably was jandro's alt.

Mortemis

Banned
BCT rolls at just the right speed.. Sht movies too fast you end up with groups of 2 or 3 people talking about 10 different things.

Idk, I kinda like being able to talk to people about two or three totally different things just in one post.

Smash hype is real. Whole lot of fucking nothing going on in that thread though.

A character reveal tease thread can get so damn long so quick. Hype is incredibly real.

royalan

VA was poised to run hiphop/r&b....so good

It's just.

I just.

I just can't. I get borderline emotional about it.

Missy and Timbaland brought a level of creativity to the Rap Game that we hadn't seen since a young Busta Rhymes before them...and nobody since.

The production was iconic. I can listen to Timbalands beats from back then TODAY and still get hit hard. Like nothing else at the time. You knew a Tim track when you heard it.

And the way Missy could rap as hard as any dude...and then switch it up and be SINGING on the very next track?

And lets not even get STARTED on their videos. Beep Me 911 is my favorite Missy song AND video. Because until then I, as a little kid, hadn't seen anything so creative and carefree in a rap video before. It was like the type of thing you'd expect some white act to do...only it was Missy and Tim. Swagger for DAYS.

Missy will ALWAYS be the True Queen.

Kreed

"Aunt tits"

I take it you are not a fan of a lot of the manga being reviewed at any given time probably falls in the " lewd " category.

It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't posting up screen shots from the damn chapters. The thread is instant job killer if you get caught looking at it at work on the wrong day, which is any day One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach don't have a new chapter out.

Beep Beep
Vrrrrrrrmmmm
I'm drivin to the beach
I grew up VA during that time, I'm guaranteed to spazz if Luv 2 Luv Ya or something else from that era comes on. VA hit music with a one-two punch with Tim and Missy and then Neptunes not long after that.

Jado

Banned
Smash OT is WEIRD. People arguing over the color of Nintendo girl panties. :|

Nintendo fans are weird. I remember a recent Animal Crossing thread about Isabelle, mayor's assistant, quickly devolved into weird photos. Mod locked it with a simple "NO." That pretty much sums up the response the crazy element of the community deserves.

Edit: I thankfully didn't see it until it was edited out, but I heard the Splatoon stuff was basically a few people posting sick sexualized stuff. Splatoon characters are very young girls. :|

Mortemis

Banned
It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't posting up screen shots from the damn chapters. The thread is instant job killer if you get caught looking at it at work on the wrong day, which is any day One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach don't have a new chapter out.

I usually go through it on mobile with pics off but I get what you're talking about. The place does get pretty fucked up when they're talking about some nasty shit.

Why did I look this up. What the hell is this

Some fuckery. Best not to bother with it.

Smash OT is WEIRD. People arguing over the color of Nintendo girl panties. :|

Wait, what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom